ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 Years Long Residency ILR, Currently on Tier 2

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bb2012

10 Years Long Residency ILR, Currently on Tier 2

Post by bb2012 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:07 am

Hi,

My Situation:

I am currently on Tier 2 Which is going to expire on May 2014.

I will be completing my 10 years in UK on January 2014.

My Question is:

If I apply for ILR on 10 years basis in January 2014, and If the decision will not arrive till May 2014 and My current Tier 2 visa expires, then what will happen to my existing Job which is on Tier 2 sponsor.

Would I still be able to continue working till the decision would arrive.

What my sponsor need to do in terms of informing Home office, Do they need to inform Home office that they are no more sponsoring me as they will not assign a new COS before expiry of current leave.

I will be very thankful for any help.

Kind Regards

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:37 am

Your employer can check your right to work using ECS. Please refer to a similar case.
[b]6. APPLICANTS' STATUS WHILE SUBJECT TO LEAVE UNDER SECTIONS 3C OR 3D @ Page 4[/b] wrote:Where an applicant's leave has been extended by sections 3C or 3D and the applicant wishes to work or set up in business pending a decision on the application, our advice should be that the section extends the time limit and maintains any conditions attached to the original limited leave.

A person whose previous leave was subject only to a time limit, ie. Code 1, may work or set up in business while the application is under consideration, but should be advised that this does not necessarily mean that an application to remain for such a purpose will be granted.
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates