ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Employer Questions

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lb2205
Newly Registered

Switching Employer Questions

Post by lb2205 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:55 pm

Hi,

I have seen several posts with similar issues, but still find myself lost in understanding this.

I am on a Tier 2 employee sponsored VISA with company A.

I have recently received an offer from company B, who is stating that it will take 5 weeks to process a Certificate of Sponsorship. (I am lost as to why it will take this long. Do companies need to repost the job ad for 28 days?)

Company B has asked that during that 5 week period, I resign from my current role so that I would serve my notice while the COS is being processed. I have seen several notifications that one should [b]not[/b] resign before being approved by UKBA.

If is therefore looking like 5 weeks to process the COS + 4 weeks of my notice before I can start with this company B.

Previously I have had offers that were cancelled because companies were not willing to wait that long for me to start.

Is there anything that can be done or considered to shorten this time period to my start date?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:14 pm

Company B probably says that 5 weeks are required for processing the CoS because they need to carry out a RLMT which takes 4 weeks.

the general advice is not only not to resign before the assignment of the CS but not to resign until the HO approves the application for leave.