ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefits Claim?

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krssubbu

Child Benefits Claim?

Post by krssubbu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:36 am

Hi,

I am sure this question has been asked before but just for peace of mind I am asking this question with my situation

My child was born in India in Nov 2011 and I obtained my ILR in Feb 2012. My wife and child are in the UK on ILR Dependant visa (2 year) since April 2012.

We started claiming for Child benefit since June 2012 on my name ( I am on ILR). No other benefits claimed

My question is:

1. Will this have any impact of ILR application for my wife and child since it is child benefit (some people said it wont have effect and hence we claimed but now confusion starts as its time to apply for their visa now)

2. What do we think in application form that says "Do your or your partner have claimed for any benefits?" (P.S child's visa says "no recursive to public funds"

3. will this affect our citizenship when we apply in a few years?

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Using your numbering :-
  1. No
  2. Is that the question? I have just checked and cannot find a question with that wording. In any case the status of the child is irrelevant. It is the status of the claimant that counts. Hint ... do not confuse the term "public funds" and the word "benefits".
  3. No
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:07 pm

Thanks John. Someone said because i am claiming child benefits and when i renew my ILR application for my wife and child, the home office might be picky because it is the child i am claiming for and renewing the visa

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:59 pm

The "Someone" is trying to invent a rule that does not exist.
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:44 am

Thanks John, so you are sure that it wont affect ILR application for both, wife and child, isnt it ? the reason is because i will continue to receive child benefits then :)

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 pm

This subject has been discussed many times on this Board, for example in this topic.
John

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:44 pm

Thanks John