ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ISA ACCOUNT and Maintenanance

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

ISA ACCOUNT and Maintenanance

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Can We use ISA for maintennace as money is freely allowEd in and out and their are recent transactions as well.

Thanks.
Last edited by ishfaqsangra on Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Re: ISA ACCOUNT and Maintenance@OLASUNKAMI

Post by KickAss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:04 pm

ishfaqsangra wrote:Can We use ISA for maintennace as money is freely allowEd in and out and their are recent transactions as well.

Thanks.
Last time I read policy guidelines, ISA account was not allowed !
Dont PM me.. Post it on the Forum ! It will help everyone :)
You can PM me the link or something specific to you.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:26 pm

@ ishfaqsangra, always address your questions to the forum rather than to individuals so that others with experience can help.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:31 pm

@ KickAss, I do not think ISA account is listed as not accepted in the guidance.

You might want to take a look at this,

Paragaph 1A (j) of Appendix C in the immigration rule;

Maintenance must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.

And paragraph 174 of policy guidance;
174. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds held in an account (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given). Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards, pension funds etc, are not acceptable, regardless of notice period.

ISA is classed as Individual savings account so it should be ok to use as evidence of maintenance funds.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:22 pm

Correct !
Apologies for the confusion.
ISA is good for maintenance as its a personal saving and its on your name.

But not good to show 50 or 200 K..

The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000, as
applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a statement
from each institution.
• The statements must be original documents and not a copy.
• The bank or building society holding the money must be based in the UK and regulated by
the FCA/PRA;
The money must be in cash in the account. We will not accept Individual Savings
Accounts (ISAs) or assets such as stocks and shares;

Cheers Olasunkanmi ! :)
Olasunkanmi wrote:@ KickAss, I do not think ISA account is listed as not accepted in the guidance.

Maintenance must be in the form of cash funds. Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, pension funds etc, regardless of notice period are not acceptable.

174. Evidence must be in the form of cash funds held in an account (this includes savings accounts and current accounts even when notice must be given). Other accounts or financial instruments such as shares, bonds, overdrafts, credit cards, pension funds etc, are not acceptable, regardless of notice period.

ISA is classed as Individual savings account so it should be ok to use as evidence of maintenance funds.

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:35 pm

KickAss wrote:Correct !

The total amount of available money must be either at least £200,000; or at least £50,000, as
applicable. If the money is held in several financial institutions, you must supply a statement
from each institution.
• The bank or building society holding the money must be based in the UK and regulated by
the FCA/PRA;

Olasunkanmi wrote:@ KickAss, I do not think ISA account is listed as not accepted in the guidance.

Apologies @OLA first .

Secondly I do read policy guidance as much as possible and I am talking about Maintenance for me and 3 dependents that is 2700 pounds which is more than 6 months is in my ISA,and i am transferring money from ISA to others online whenever I need.So just want to Clarify.

Thanks Kickass for your timely Kick,I am about to apply in 4-5 weeks time and might be putting some more questions so Thanks in advance.

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:14 am

ishfaqsangra wrote:
KickAss wrote:Correct !

from each institution.
the FCA/PRA;

Apologies @OLA first .

Secondly I do read policy guidance as much as possible and I am talking about Maintenance for me and 3 dependents that is 2700 pounds which is more than 6 months is in my ISA,and i am transferring money from ISA to others online whenever I need.So just want to Clarify.

Thanks Kickass for your timely Kick,I am about to apply in 4-5 weeks time and might be putting some more questions so Thanks in advance.

Sorry but let me ask you a lame question...

You and 3 other dependent this means total of 1+3 = 4

was it 900 per applicant. ? (I am rusty w.r.t. policy guide)

If so then it should be 900*4 = 3600 ??
Feel free to correct me if I have misunderstood .

irrespective of the amount (Let's say X) make sure your account never had less than X GBP in last 3 months before applying.

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:21 pm

@ KickAss,
Maintenance for main applicant is £900, while that of the dependant is £600 each. so by calculation it will be

Main applicant=900
Dependant=600*3=1800.
900+1800= £2700
so for him and his 3 dependant total maintenance will be £2700.

:) :) :)

KickAss
Member of Standing

Post by KickAss » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:26 pm

itk wrote:@ KickAss,
Maintenance for main applicant is £900, while that of the dependant is £600 each. so by calculation it will be

Main applicant=900
Dependant=600*3=1800.
900+1800= £2700

Cheers !

I should take out time and read bloody policy guidelines ! :D :D :D

I am so rusty !!!!!

ishfaqsangra
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ishfaqsangra » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:22 pm

KickAss wrote:
itk wrote:@ KickAss,

Main applicant=900
Dependant=600*3=1800.
900+1800= £2700

Cheers !

I should take out time and read bloody policy guidelines ! :D :D :D

I am so rusty !!!!!

You seems too busy in your personal life ,you should take time and advice people although you are not obliged to.
Thanks for considering the query.

I may need your help as I will Post few more questions so read Policy Guidence soon please.
Cheers

samaygrg

Post by samaygrg » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:59 am

hi kickass
what about 50k? i have it in my saver account ..would that go fine??? pls reply.

Cheers
KickAss wrote:
ishfaqsangra wrote:Can We use ISA for maintennace as money is freely allowEd in and out and their are recent transactions as well.

Thanks.
Last time I read policy guidelines, ISA account was not allowed !