ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation - 7.5(g) Discretion and Address History

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LIANA
Newly Registered

Naturalisation - 7.5(g) Discretion and Address History

Post by LIANA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:27 am

Hi any one Please come forward and share your experience whose application for ILR was delayed for more than 6 months Due to UKBA & he/she applied for Naturalization less than 12 months after ILR qualifying period, according to the immigration rules which allows the secretary of state to exercise discretion where an applicant fails to meet the requirement to be free of immigration restriction for the final 12 months of the residential qualifying period.

Chapter 18 Annex B Paragraph 7.5 (G) OF Nationality Staff Instructions

7.5 Discretion to disregard immigration restrictions in the final 12 months may normally be exercised IF:

(G) Consideration of an application for Indefinite leave to remain made more than 15 months before the citizenship application, had been protracted through no fault of the applicant , providing ILR was eventually granted .This can include applications for asylum which has resulted in the grant of ILR.

There should be many examples of it as number of ILR applicant were been through hell of longer than 6 months wait for their decisions with no fault of them.
Kindly share you experience as your value information can make a lot difference for others. I am planning to apply now within 18 months of of my ILR application and just after 6 months of Grant of ILR rather than 12 months. But I have tried NCS but they are not willing to apply through their service and advising me to send application personally by post .

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

LIANA
Newly Registered

Post by LIANA » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:22 pm

thanks vinnay but plz let me know if you know any one who applied under this discretion

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:54 am

There are two currently waiting for a decision.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

LIANA
Newly Registered

Post by LIANA » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:29 pm

D4109125 wrote:There are two currently waiting for a decision.
Bundel of thanks to give me this information , can i know who they are can i check their post & how did they applied . as i am trying to do it by NCS but they dont seem willing as they only do if you have spent 12 months after ILR.
Any further help will be really appreciated .
Thanks once again

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Sep 19, 2013 11:38 pm

01yoseph has applied.

BCMN1 is applying 05-Oct-2013.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 pm

LIANA wrote:Dear Moderators plz explain .

i am applying Naturalization through NCS under chapter 18 Annex B 7.5 G as my ILR application was Protracted More than 8 months due no Fault of mine. Do i need to explain it in section 6.6 ( special circumstances ) on application form AN .

Is it the right column to fill up ? i mean applying under annex b 7.5 g are these include in special circumstance ? OR should i (delete it if not applicable. )

i personally do not want to volunter information if it is not a special circumstances

secondly i am using my district manager as my professional referee he is British citizen and he is area manager of KFC Franchise. can he be a professional referee ?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:20 pm

Yes you will need to explain it in 6.7/6.8.

LIANA
Newly Registered

Post by LIANA » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:05 pm

D4109125 wrote:Yes you will need to explain it in 6.7/6.8.
Thanks D4109125"] what about the referee can i use him as professional referee

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:09 pm

A manager of a ltd company is fine.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:24 am

LIANA wrote:Any one please explain especially Moderators i am about to apply for naturalization. on form AN section 1.17 it is asked for your previous addresses for the past five years .

i have been living on one address over 7 years in London which was mentioned on my most of applications to home office and by Banks DVLA GP etc.

last year i moved temporarily out of London because i had job there i changed my out of London address to my car insurance and driving licensee only, while banks and GP remained same London address as i was thinking it as a temporary stay until i find a job in London but i stayed nearly 18 months there. Mean while i occasionally stayed to my London address as well on days off . now on application for naturalization 1.17 do i must need to provide my out of London address or i should leave 1.17 blank and only mention my London address which is from long ago in home office record and it was also Active with GP & banks while i was using out of london address while i was working there.

i want to know will it be serious issue for home office ? can they refuse application only for this base ?

in general life does people have two different registered addresses for departments .

is it illegal to have 2 different addresses ?
the home office application corresponding address and all other department like banks ,GP,DVLA .Insurances address should must be same ?