ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please Reply very urgent

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Immigrant101
Newly Registered

Please Reply very urgent

Post by Immigrant101 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi ,

I am planning to applying for tier 2 general extension in December 2013.My employer licence is still valid. he was allocated only one cos in 2011 which i have used. now, for extension application, will he need to request for new allocation of COS, which i believe is allocated only in april??
how long will it take to allocated a cos for extension application?what should i do as my visa is expiring in December 2013.

Many thanks.

manci
Respected Guru

Re: Please Reply very urgent

Post by manci » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:30 am

Immigrant101 wrote:Hi ,

I am planning to applying for tier 2 general extension in December 2013.My employer licence is still valid. he was allocated only one cos in 2011 which i have used. now, for extension application, will he need to request for new allocation of COS, which i believe is allocated only in april??
your employer should request additional allocation asap via the SMS. This can be done any time during the year, not only in April

how long will it take to allocated a cos for extension application? usually not very long (1-14 days) but there is no way of predicting

what should i do as my visa is expiring in December 2013. ask your employer to request the increase in allocation asap
Many thanks.

Immigrant101
Newly Registered

Post by Immigrant101 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:58 am

Hi,
Thanks for your advice. It was very helpful. As you said, my employer has received allocation in 1 day but when he tried to assign a COS, the system would not let him save the details. It happened thrice. Now, my employer has said he will email the print out to ukba so that they can create a COS. I was just wondering, will that work?
Thanks,

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:08 am

Immigrant101 wrote: my employer has said he will email the print out to ukba so that they can create a COS. I was just wondering, will that work?
No, this will not work,
Your sponsor is clearly not experienced in using the SMS.
Ask them to call the employer helpline for assistance: 0300 123 4699

Immigrant101
Newly Registered

Post by Immigrant101 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:21 pm

Hello,
Many thanks for all your help. I have one more question reg: bank statement for tier 2 extension. If the employer is willing to certify maintenance requirement then is it still a must to send bank statements for both main applicant and dependant? can you please list the necessary documents for tier 2 extension applications?
please reply urgently.
thanks[/u]

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:16 pm

if yu have valid leave when you apply for the T2 extension you will be automatically awarded 10 points for maintenance - no need for funds or employer certification.

See the T2 policy guidance para 154