ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing non eea family member parent to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Bringing non eea family member parent to the UK

Post by noneeafamilymember » Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:22 pm

Hi

I am originally from Sudan and and I am married to a Lithuanian woman for the past 2 years. I am currently on an EEA2 permit set to expire in 2017

Now my problem is my Dad has a few heart problems and has lost his job for the past year and I was wondering what I need to prove to bring him here?

I have been sending him cash here and there however it has not been sheduled so as it stands I have no proof I have been supporting him. My big sister has been supporting him and she lives in the UAE, she can prove that she has been sending him funds on a monthly basis but sadly she has also lost her job and will be unable to do it now

My brother is a UK citizen and we are both happy to bring him here and support him however how do we justify this, I posted this question on the EEA forums because as it stands I am a non EEA family member. Will it be easier if my brother applies through the British Laws or is it easier through the European union laws?

Finally its completely understandable that my dad is not eligible for benefits but if he is granted leave to remain either through myself,my partner or my brother will he have right to work? Although he is ill knowing my dad he will want to work regardless of his health as sitting idly at home has increased his stress levels

I appreciate this might be a difficult question but I have been advised about how helpful people are on this forum and I thank everyone in advance

Kind Regards
Worried Son

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:23 pm

any help guys?

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:48 am

guys im really struggling, can anyone suggest anything?

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:07 pm

cant anyone suggest any sort of advice at all? you can just point me in the right direction and Ill try and research on it

so far I couldnt find anything that could indicate what I could do next

lake1
United Kingdom

Post by lake1 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:16 pm

noneeafamilymember wrote:cant anyone suggest any sort of advice at all? you can just point me in the right direction and Ill try and research on it

so far I couldnt find anything that could indicate what I could do next
The below is statutory instruments that applies to the application if you plan to use the European route.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 am

Use EEA route. It will be quicker, less restrictive and convenient for you and your family.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:13 am

How could EEA route succeed exactly?. Seems like dad receives maintenance from sibling living in UAE. How could he succeed under any limb of the regulations?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:27 am

Obie wrote:How could EEA route succeed exactly?. Seems like dad receives maintenance from sibling living in UAE. How could he succeed under any limb of the regulations?
Exactly, my sister is out of a job now so its down to me and my brother to support him. So what can we do?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:36 am

You will need to show evidence that this new dependency is genuine, that without your support, he will not be in the position to meet his essential needs.

I am not sure you are able to show this.

You will need to detail the exact circumstance of the case for him to have any prospect of obtaining an EEA family permit

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:09 am

Obie wrote:You will need to show evidence that this new dependency is genuine, that without your support, he will not be in the position to meet his essential needs.

I am not sure you are able to show this.

You will need to detail the exact circumstance of the case for him to have any prospect of obtaining an EEA family permit
I see, thanks for the update. And even if I somehow prove that (which sounds like an impossible task) and he was given the permit he will still not be eligible to work would he?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:21 am

He will be eligible to work. Nothing prevents working.

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:42 am

I see

Ok so I will have to prove that my dad needs our support. I am assuming just paying for his support isnt enough
WE have to prove that he needs to physically be with us otherwise we can just send cash over to Sudan?

Can we somehow prove that in our religion we have to get someone close to the family to support him? and currently he is staying in a house rent free, how do we prove that he needs to be with us in the country? Perhaps we can say the medical care here is better, and that we are happy to pay for the care instead of relying on the NHS?

If we get a letter from a doctor advising he needs to be with close family for his health will that help?

Also it seems that parents are considered core family members

"EUN2.6 Who are an EEA national's core family members?
The family members of an EEA national (part 7 of the EEA Regulations) include:

spouses or civil partners;
direct descendants of the EEA national or their spouse/ civil partner under 21;
dependent direct descendants of the EEA national or their spouse/ civil partner 21 and over;
dependent direct relatives in the ascending line, for example parents and grandparents of the EEA national or their spouse / civil partner."

So I need to prove that they are financially dependant on me and I can prove that by saying my dad is retired with no job and he will be dependant on myself, my partner and my brother

However it only says that extended family members need the health proof not core family members

I am confused now :S

noneeafamilymember
Newly Registered

Post by noneeafamilymember » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:04 pm

Obie wrote:He will be eligible to work. Nothing prevents working.
Hi Obie

I spoke to a solicitor who adviced me that its best to send my dad monthly payments for the next 3 months to prove financial dependency.

Given that my dad is a direct family member is there anything else we have to prove? like how they spend the money we send them? health documents from their doctor?

Ricardo

Post by Ricardo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:07 pm

noneeafamilymember wrote:
I spoke to a solicitor who adviced me that its best to send my dad monthly payments for the next 3 months to prove financial dependency.

Given that my dad is a direct family member is there anything else we have to prove? like how they spend the money we send them? health documents from their doctor?
The solicitor is absolutely. You should keep any proof that he is depending you. This can be Western union money transfer receipt.

Ayyubi72
- thin ice -

Post by Ayyubi72 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:28 am

noneeafamilymember wrote:

Can we somehow prove that in our religion we have to get someone close to the family to support him?
Yes, you can do that by making a joke of your own religion. Or are you starting a new cuckooland religion full of lies just to get a visa for your father. If you can in your own words "somehow prove" that in your religion you have to get someone close to family to support him, then I would say, why not get yourselves back to Sudan and fulfill your religious duties.

**Edited by Moderator due to nature of comment, this is now your final warning stop directly insulting people**

Legin14
Newly Registered

Re: Bringing non eea family member parent to the UK

Post by Legin14 » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:52 pm

We are in similar situations - It has been a couple of months now, how is your application coming along?