ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Pending -Help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

surena99
Newly Registered

ILR Pending -Help

Post by surena99 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:37 pm

Hi,
I have applied for ILR on 2nd Oct 2013 at Croydan PEO along with my husband and daughter. They just give me one letter , which says futhur enquires needed on my case so they are extendign my case and holding all other documents. But the lady who gave me that letter said , they need to some security checks on my case and case worker is unable to do at the moment so that's why your case is extended , and also said it may take 2 to 3 weeks.

It's already 4 weeks over I have not heard anything. I called the custmer care . they say my case is still in pending.

our previous passports were stolen in 2010, using which we entered UK. But we submitted all required documents ( police report , copy of previous passprots. Letter from Employer which shows start of my employement and absence in UK, travel tickets). From day 1 I entered UK , I am on employement.

We applied for extension in 2011 and they gave the visa. But now they are saying they need to security checks. Any idea what do they mean?

Anybody had this kind of experiance ? any idea howlong it may take?
I am very much dissapointed and frustated with waitng for the decision.

Regards,
S.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:29 pm

It can take up to 6 months, however, it should be much sooner. There is no saying really, however, you could contact the Home Office and ask for an update.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

surena99
Newly Registered

Post by surena99 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks for your reply Amber.
I called home office couple of times but they say my application is pending :(

I think I should have not put the covering letter for stolen passport.
I should have read below post before applying.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=142069

But any idea what enquiry they do , do they enquire about me in home country?