ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Keisha wrote:@Elastep...congrats and I'm so happy for you and seems like now have to pray that they grant u a stay.I'm now getting anxious as haven't heard anything from my solicitor!When did they apply the JR??
@Keish
I hope so too oh..... but we are still waiting for the Judges decision on the JR. My solicitor said that this letter means that we can not communicate directly with the HO excerpt throung the Upper Tribunal Immigration Court.
I know that sometimes HO ask for an extention of time of 21 days x3 = almost 3 months or JR be withdrawn so that they might reconsider a case and I will be letting my solicitor know that I will not be doing any of that if asked cus I want to claim back all my cost when I win this case.

My PAP was done on the 18/09/2013 and JR application filed on the 03/10/2013.
Send your solicitor an email. This is a template of the one I sent to my solicitor last week and I hope you find it helpful. I had to do some mule kissing :lol:

Dear Mr B........ T......,

I am writing to request that you please send me all the documents that you sent to or recieved from the HO regarding my JR case.
I feel that this case is taking a lot of time to do and I would like to carry said documents on my person when I go out for safety.

I thank you in advance for the care and attention that you have given to my case and I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully

N......A.......
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

hatchsead

Re: FLRo

Post by hatchsead » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
ale001 wrote:
ale001 wrote:I just got a response from Theresa May today :(

I think not directly from her but maybe on her behalf..

see below

Dear........

Thank you for your e-mail dated 21 October about your outstanding application and
the delay in making a decision on this application.

I can confirm that we are in the process of deciding your application and a decision will be dispatched to you in the next two weeks. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in considering your application. If you do not receive a decision within the specified time, please email the Removals Casework Co-ordination Team inbox who will be able to look into this matter for you.

While we can understand the frustration this delay is causing, we would again urge you to seek professional help in relation to your threat to commit suicide. Your local authority website should provide you with information of professional / self help groups and I would once again refer you to these or to contact the Hospital and the ... organization whose contact details are listed below: ...........

Yours sincerely

Removals Casework Co-ordination Team

What do u guys think about this letter?

I'm really scared now as they said a decision will be dispatched in the next 2 weeks... really scared now..
:(
Hi everyone,

I just get called again from my Solicitor now and he said the UKBA asked me to start report at the reporting center, and that they will dispatch decision in the next 2 weeks. But i cannot report because i don't trust the UKBA, i have reported once before in 2007 and was removed from the UK, i have also reported myself once without asking me to do so and i was also removed again, which means i was removed from the UK twice and i returned to the UK 3 times.. So i don't trust them anymore and i wont report. So my solicitor will give them this reason as to why i wont report because of lack of trust. My solicitor said they apology for the delay in deciding my application and promised they will dispatch decision in the next 2 weeks.

What do you think guys?
I agree with Believe2013 that you cannot go against home office directives by not signing up but I strongly believe there is a foul play here. I don't see why they should ask you to start signing on when your case has not actually been decided that should be against their code of conduct regardless whether they have previously removed you or not, the case has to be decided first then instructions given later. Pls like elastep suggested pls contact your solicitor before you decide on such. this all seem unfair and very wrong.
When the stakes are high is when people start playing outside the rules, hmmmmmmmmmm......... I smell a rat at the HO. Its a sign of desperation when they are loosing, just be careful.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:25 pm

@Believe...*waves&hug*...I'm fine thanks by His grace and mercy.Praying for God's miracle upon the JR.I wasn't aware that I've been down-graded to a member status....lol.How's the going for you?

@Elastep...each time I call the solicitor's office sounds like HO on a smaller scale with a waiting period before your call get answered...*rollseyes*.I spoke to his assistant and asked her about the developments and told me sh ell email the letter.Even today still waiting and she mentioned that gotta wait about 3months...something to that effect..*sighs*.Honestly,I'm not even sure to ask her again as they make me anxious.So,I pray to my LivingGod that He answers for me at the courts and be my Judge and grant me a stay!I believe all shall be well though!!Thanks for the template and will send it to them!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Re: FLRo

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:35 pm

hatchsead wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
ale001 wrote:
ale001 wrote:I just got a response from Theresa May today :(

I think not directly from her but maybe on her behalf..

see below

Dear........

Thank you for your e-mail dated 21 October about your outstanding application and
the delay in making a decision on this application.

I can confirm that we are in the process of deciding your application and a decision will be dispatched to you in the next two weeks. Please accept our sincere apologies for the delay in considering your application. If you do not receive a decision within the specified time, please email the Removals Casework Co-ordination Team inbox who will be able to look into this matter for you.

While we can understand the frustration this delay is causing, we would again urge you to seek professional help in relation to your threat to commit suicide. Your local authority website should provide you with information of professional / self help groups and I would once again refer you to these or to contact the Hospital and the ... organization whose contact details are listed below: ...........

Yours sincerely

Removals Casework Co-ordination Team

What do u guys think about this letter?

I'm really scared now as they said a decision will be dispatched in the next 2 weeks... really scared now..
:(
Hi everyone,

I just get called again from my Solicitor now and he said the UKBA asked me to start report at the reporting center, and that they will dispatch decision in the next 2 weeks. But i cannot report because i don't trust the UKBA, i have reported once before in 2007 and was removed from the UK, i have also reported myself once without asking me to do so and i was also removed again, which means i was removed from the UK twice and i returned to the UK 3 times.. So i don't trust them anymore and i wont report. So my solicitor will give them this reason as to why i wont report because of lack of trust. My solicitor said they apology for the delay in deciding my application and promised they will dispatch decision in the next 2 weeks.

What do you think guys?
I agree with Believe2013 that you cannot go against home office directives by not signing up but I strongly believe there is a foul play here. I don't see why they should ask you to start signing on when your case has not actually been decided that should be against their code of conduct regardless whether they have previously removed you or not, the case has to be decided first then instructions given later. Pls like elastep suggested pls contact your solicitor before you decide on such. this all seem unfair and very wrong.
When the stakes are high is when people start playing outside the rules, hmmmmmmmmmm......... I smell a rat at the HO. Its a sign of desperation when they are loosing, just be careful.
Sigh that's very true. But on the other hand, I believe home office is right to exercise their rights here. I just read a whole lot of bull on Section 71 of the Nationality, Immigration and Asylum Act 1971 and on the basis of your record Ale001, they can actually ask you to report whilst your application is still ongoing because of the immigration offence. Well here is what I dug up. Might be interesting but worth a read!

Phase 1 (offences committed for reporting)

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Phase 2 (Whatever this means),

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

Your caseworker I believe has the power to enforce these requests. One thing I know this is just a side attraction. The devil can do nothing but try. God has the final say and my prayer to which I hold with faith is that you have won this war don't let what is happening fool you. Just stand in faith bro cos a family, we are praying for you!!! 🙏 🙉

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:40 pm

Keisha wrote:Morning All...

@Somebody...welcome to the forum and all the best with your application.Trust in God that He will do it for you!

@Verbs...they've demoted you...lol...that's a bummer.I reckon they're searching for an appropiate title for you.They should just give you the Madam Speaker title...*wink*.

@Believe&Dapsonlee....lol don't worry as you will can new befitting titles...*wink*.You'll rise up again just like David!!

@Notto...All the best with your application form and sounds like soon you will be receiving your stay!

@Ale...that's so dodgy right there having to send you to the Lion's den.I say don't report until they've reached a decision.You how the amoebas operate under the pretence of just normal procedure.I pray to God that He may protect you and be with you!!
@Keisha, Like David you know lol. Wanna be more like Joshua, going round 7 pages more and see a lot of fallen statuses lol. Any news yet?

Veggie lady @verbz 😜 hope you good. Any news yet on your case progress?

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:57 pm

Keisha wrote:@Believe...*waves&hug*...I'm fine thanks by His grace and mercy.Praying for God's miracle upon the JR.I wasn't aware that I've been down-graded to a member status....lol.How's the going for you?

@Elastep...each time I call the solicitor's office sounds like HO on a smaller scale with a waiting period before your call get answered...*rollseyes*.I spoke to his assistant and asked her about the developments and told me sh ell email the letter.Even today still waiting and she mentioned that gotta wait about 3months...something to that effect..*sighs*.Honestly,I'm not even sure to ask her again as they make me anxious.So,I pray to my LivingGod that He answers for me at the courts and be my Judge and grant me a stay!I believe all shall be well though!!Thanks for the template and will send it to them!
@Keisha
I know what you are talking about. My solicitor was like that at first. He kept asking me to wait that he will let me know when the Administrative Court contacts him but I have been in that position before with 2 other solicitor who have eaten my money cus I kept listing to what they had to say so I vow not to fall for it again. So this time around I send him an email every 2 weeks asking for any news and if I don't get any reply, I get my uncle to call him and ask what is happening with my case and I get my answers.

I pray that we will all be delivered from the hands of HO and get to speak of God great blessings on us.
Outcome:

tier2013
United Kingdom

Post by tier2013 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:00 pm

justice12 wrote:-Here is my time line:

-Date Applied/Docs sent: 03/04/12

-Date Received Ack. Letter: 12/04/12

-Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 23/04/12

-Date Biometrics Done at PO : 24/04/12

-Date Passport/Docs received from HO: 14/06/13

-Date Biometrics received : 12-06-13

-Date contacted my MP : 04/07/12

-Visa Type : FLR(0) GRANTED

Did it really take more than a year from having biometrics done and receiving your passport??

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:09 pm

@Ela...thanks for the tip and I shall be on their neck.God forbid,they better not pull funky stunts.Let's pray the JR go well!

@Dapsonlee....*waves&hug*,I'm still waiting to hear about the progress of the JR and pray that God grants my visa with no hassles.I will be in touch with the solicitor to ask me to e-mail me the letter,I need to carry around like Elastep mentioned.

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:13 pm

@Tier2013....it took me a year to get a response from those amoebas.So,anything is possible at the Horror Office with people waiting close to 2yrs.So,pray that all goes well for you and that you don't have to wait that long!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:31 pm

@winners I replied in your inbox.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:32 pm

@elastep Does this letter shows your JR is accepted by court?

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:41 pm

Keisha wrote:@Ela...thanks for the tip and I shall be on their neck.God forbid,they better not pull funky stunts.Let's pray the JR go well!

@Dapsonlee....*waves&hug*,I'm still waiting to hear about the progress of the JR and pray that God grants my visa with no hassles.I will be in touch with the solicitor to ask me to e-mail me the letter,I need to carry around like Elastep mentioned.
@Keisha
Don't worry too much it will work out for you.
As soon as you get your JR letter from your solicitor with the JR reference number a./../..../c........, asigned to you by the Administrative Court, call the branch of the Court that you have been asked to send all further correspondence to and quoting your JR number ask them what stage is your application on. From this you will know if your solicitor is for real and if not then at least you know that you have some time to find a new solicitor by checking the Bar Pro Bono website and see if you can find a solicior to represent you for free.
A word of advise to all. When you pay a solicitor, collect your reciept.
Do not let them convince you that you should pick it up next time cus that is them testing you to see how far your string can be manipulated and you will never see that reciept again.
Do not walk on egg shell around them.
Ask for all your correspondence and if it can not be posted due to cost, tell them to scan it and email it to you cus that is free. Ring their firm or Email them and ask for up to date news.
Last edited by elastep on Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outcome:

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@elastep Does this letter shows your JR is accepted by court?
@Shonda Sharma
Yes, my late application for JR was accepted, and we are still waiting to see if I have won the right to proceed for JR. It means that neither my solicitor or the HO can contact each other excerpt through the Upper Tribunal Court.
Hope this answers your question.
Last edited by elastep on Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Outcome:

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:51 pm

@elastep what is this letter about then?

elastep

Post by elastep » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:00 pm

Shondra Sharma wrote:@elastep what is this letter about then?
@Shondra Sharma
I got 2 letters from the Administrative Court. One is from the HO acknowledging that they have recieved the bundle of document that my solicitor was asked to send to them by the Court and the other is from the Court itself telling my solicitor to send all further correspondence to the Court whom will then send it to the HO.
Outcome:

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:02 pm

@winners again check inbox please.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:02 pm

@elastep oh I see.

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:21 pm

verbina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:Home office asked for additional documents with their tight deadline. Oh well, sitting here looking what will happen next.
Yay!! You re nearly there then hun!! You will be getting your decision soon fingers crossed!
Thanks verbz, I hope so. The problem is they have requested for some original documents some of which I only have photocopies. But I have decided I will send them the photocopies and I can't get the original copies before the request deadline.

I mean, how can they stipulate they receive document within 6 days? that's a wicked act.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

ontothenext wrote:
verbina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:Home office asked for additional documents with their tight deadline. Oh well, sitting here looking what will happen next.
Yay!! You re nearly there then hun!! You will be getting your decision soon fingers crossed!
Thanks verbz, I hope so. The problem is they have requested for some original documents some of which I only have photocopies. But I have decided I will send them the photocopies and I can't get the original copies before the request deadline.

I mean, how can they stipulate they receive document within 6 days? that's a wicked act.
It does say on their website that if you cant provide originals you must supply a cover letter explaining why you could only provide copies. Good luck!

@elastep you are getting nearer to the end!! Well done!

@believe and @keisha yep, looks like there was some reshuffle on here and everyone s been taken down a notch....

@dapsonlee nope, no news for me yet, but Im pretty anxious atm as now I know my case worker is looking into my case and is in contact with social services. The problem being is social services are even more of amoebas than HO at times... So they are taking their time with everything... But I suppose I could be getting my decision sometime soon, although who knows what kind of decision it will be...

No news down your end still? Maybe its time to go back to your MP hun?
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:30 pm

elastep wrote:
Keisha wrote:@Ela...thanks for the tip and I shall be on their neck.God forbid,they better not pull funky stunts.Let's pray the JR go well!

@Keisha
Don't worry too much it will work out for you.
As soon as you get your JR letter from your solicitor with the JR reference number a./../..../c........, asigned to you by the Administrative Court, call the branch of the Court that you have been asked to send all further correspondence to and quoting your JR number ask them what stage is your application on. From this you will know if your solicitor is for real and if not then at least you know that you have some time to find a new solicitor by checking the Bar Pro Bono website and see if you can find a solicior to represent you for free.
A word of advise to all. When you pay a solicitor, collect your reciept.
Do not let them convince you that you should pick it up next time cus that is them testing you to see how far your string can be manipulated and you will never see that reciept again.
Do not walk on egg shell around them.
Ask for all your correspondence and if it can not be posted due to cost, tell them to scan it and email it to you cus that is free. Ring their firm or Email them and ask for up to date news.

Thank you so much Elastep, I am with you on the bolded part. I have heard so many stories so I was wise enough to ask my solicitor of all the copies of the document he was sending in for my appeal and also faxed my own copy. I called the tribunal today and I got the confirmation that they have now recieved it and it has been logged. I was told the system shows there are duplicates so kind of puts my mind at rest.

Dont worry you both , all will be well and for us all on forum too, all will be well. This too will pass.

Group hug x

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:35 pm

verbina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
verbina wrote:

It does say on their website that if you cant provide originals you must supply a cover letter explaining why you could only provide copies. Good luck!

@believe and @keisha yep, looks like there was some reshuffle on here and everyone s been taken down a notch....

@dapsonlee nope, no news for me yet, but Im pretty anxious atm as now I know my case worker is looking into my case and is in contact with social services. The problem being is social services are even more of amoebas than HO at times... So they are taking their time with everything... But I suppose I could be getting my decision sometime soon, although who knows what kind of decision it will be...

I am very positive for you based on the fact all angles are being looked into at least and that to me is a good sign. We all know you will get there, it's only the journey make one feel like we walking on hot coal. My prayer is they don't ask you to put in any paid application cos that only goes to show how it's about the money for them (extortion). Lol at the word "amoebas" sigh!!!

No news yet cos I called on the first and it's still waiting to be allocated (11 months on). My MP, I believe works at the home office enquiry unit. I honestly believe based on his first reply, he was not ready to help as I have written him a letter yet again with no response after a month. So I took matters into my own hands and mailed the sugar lady directly, Mike Harper as well as the complaints office but only got acknowledgement notifications from Mike Harper and Home office complaints office. Nothing further. 😳😞

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:46 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
verbina wrote:

I am very positive for you based on the fact all angles are being looked into at least and that to me is a good sign. We all know you will get there, it's only the journey make one feel like we walking on hot coal. My prayer is they don't ask you to put in any paid application cos that only goes to show how it's about the money for them (extortion). Lol at the word "amoebas" sigh!!!

No news yet cos I called on the first and it's still waiting to be allocated (11 months on). My MP, I believe works at the home office enquiry unit. I honestly believe based on his first reply, he was not ready to help as I have written him a letter yet again with no response after a month. So I took matters into my own hands and mailed the sugar lady directly, Mike Harper as well as the complaints office but only got acknowledgement notifications from Mike Harper and Home office complaints office. Nothing further. 😳😞
Oh good for you for taking matters into your own hands!!! You emailed Sugar Momma and Mike Harper directly!! Whoa thats brave!! I mean after your MP's not very helpful response that was the thing to do, but its still a pretty brave thing to do.. Well @Ale's application s started to move forward now that he got Sugar Momma involved, hopefully it wont be too much longer until you get some results!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

God's Authority

Re: PAP/JR

Post by God's Authority » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:10 pm

naba wrote:
verbina wrote:
naba wrote:Dear verbina, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, Kaisha, Summer.. and other friends, hope you are keeping well.
As I shared my solicitor applied for the appeal permission but not sure when will get the result. Therefore, I am planning to put PAP to be safe side as it needs to be done within the certain time. Can I do it side by side, sending the PAP letter now?
If so, I will try to PAP by myself because of my budget constraint and then go to the solicitor for the JR. Can anyone tell me the total cost for the JR please? I got the PAP template from a forum friend here, sorry can't remember the name (@elastep, was it you?). Please give me your tips and advice for doing the PAP. Thank you all so much for the support. Stay blessed.
Babe each PAP letter is pretty individual in terms of including caselaw etc relevant to your specific case and carefully worded. @nilemarques composed his own PAP letter I believe along with his own caselaw examples, hopefully he ll comment on this...
The cost of JR depends on which solicitor / barrister you use around £2.000-7.000 average :(
@ verbina, thank you hun for the information. I just realized that the HO office did not returned my child's birth certificate. As I mentioned earlier my case has transferred to the local office including our passport. Is the birth certificate transferred too? is it how it works? thank you. God bless.

Hello Naba

My daughter's birth certificate was also withheld along with two vital medical records we submitted and our passports and biometric cards.

I think this is because that is the only form of I.D the kids have that is why they have decided to hold on to it. I see Hatchshead/ Dapsonlee( not sure who did but bless their heart) has suggested to request for it. I will try that perhaps you should do. All the best dear.

Monique30
Newly Registered

Post by Monique30 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm

ontothenext wrote:
verbina wrote:

I wouldn't worry too much about it. I didn't have any original documents they asked for and my husband was the one who wrote the cover letter to explain this. So send what you've got photocopies and all and write a cover letter. I only had a week to submit by the time the letter went through my solicitor and then to me. They received docs on 28th October and sent me decision on the 30th. Good luck and I hope it will be good news for you.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:

Oh good for you for taking matters into your own hands!!! You emailed Sugar Momma and Mike Harper directly!! Whoa thats brave!! I mean after your MP's not very helpful response that was the thing to do, but its still a pretty brave thing to do.. Well @Ale's application s started to move forward now that he got Sugar Momma involved, hopefully it wont be too much longer until you get some results!!!
Well when bargain hunt and deal or no deal starts play an active role on tv and the first subject of your conversations you know it's time to take a drastic action. Amen to you your prayer Verbz. We are almost there. 😊