ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Various Queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Various Queries

Post by sutariyatul » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:44 pm

Hi all,

My name is Atul and I am on tier 2 visa and would eligible to apply for my ILR within one month. I have checked an application form and have few queries which I listed below. Can someone please help me with my queries.

1. I have applied for my work permit in November 2008 from UK however the visa stamped in my passport in December 2008 from India because I was not eligible for stamped my passport within UK. After that I came to UK in January 2009 after one month. Should I consider my 5 years period from December 2008 to December 2013 or I have to consider my 5 years from January 2009 to January 2014 as I was not in UK for my first month (December 2008 to January 2009). As per I know first 90 days absence from UK are allowed and you can consider those 90 days within 5 years period.

2. One section suggests that I need to provide an evidence for all absences where I was outside UK within 5 years period. As I visited my home country once for a month and for that I can only show my passport as an evidence which indicates in and out entries from the UK. Does it acceptable or I need to show something else. What else I can show as a proof of my absence. Would it be acceptable if I can prepare one cover letter to indicate all my absences outside UK within 5 years time period.

3. Me and my wife have to provide a proof of English language requirements. As I already have Master's Degree certificate from UK university, I don't have any problem. However, my wife does not have any qualification from UK but her studies including Bachelors Degree were in English medium from India. Does her degree certificate is acceptable as a proof to cover English language requirements or I need to get confirmed above degree from UK NARIC and then only I can apply for my ILR application. which certificate I can apply through UK NARIC.

For all above queries, that would be great if someone can provide me the link of UKBA documents.

Thanks
Atul

suds19

Re: Various Queries

Post by suds19 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:06 pm

sutariyatul wrote:Hi all,

My name is Atul and I am on tier 2 visa and would eligible to apply for my ILR within one month. I have checked an application form and have few queries which I listed below. Can someone please help me with my queries.

1. I have applied for my work permit in November 2008 from UK however the visa stamped in my passport in December 2008 from India because I was not eligible for stamped my passport within UK. After that I came to UK in January 2009 after one month. Should I consider my 5 years period from December 2008 to December 2013 or I have to consider my 5 years from January 2009 to January 2014 as I was not in UK for my first month (December 2008 to January 2009). As per I know first 90 days absence from UK are allowed and you can consider those 90 days within 5 years period.

December 2008

2. One section suggests that I need to provide an evidence for all absences where I was outside UK within 5 years period. As I visited my home country once for a month and for that I can only show my passport as an evidence which indicates in and out entries from the UK. Does it acceptable or I need to show something else. What else I can show as a proof of my absence. Would it be acceptable if I can prepare one cover letter to indicate all my absences outside UK within 5 years time period.

No one has yet posted being asked to provide evidence for absences if less than 180 days in 12 month period.

3. Me and my wife have to provide a proof of English language requirements. As I already have Master's Degree certificate from UK university, I don't have any problem. However, my wife does not have any qualification from UK but her studies including Bachelors Degree were in English medium from India. Does her degree certificate is acceptable as a proof to cover English language requirements or I need to get confirmed above degree from UK NARIC and then only I can apply for my ILR application. which certificate I can apply through UK NARIC.

see this thread - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=149949
You can provide original degree and two prints of PBS calculator for your wife.

For all above queries, that would be great if someone can provide me the link of UKBA documents.

Thanks
Atul

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:10 pm

sutariyatul wrote:I am on tier 2 visa right now and would like to apply for my ILR in December 2013. I am having a query regarding what document I should include in my application to show my absences during 5 years time period. One section suggests that I need to provide an evidence for all absences where I was outside UK within 5 years period. As I visited my home country once for a month and for that I can only show my passport as an evidence which indicates in and out entries from the UK. Does it acceptable or I need to show something else. What else I can show as a proof of my absence. Would it be acceptable if I can prepare one cover letter to indicate all my absences outside UK within 5 years time period.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rbk1597

Post by rbk1597 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Can you not get it from your employer?

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Employment reference letter

Post by sutariyatul » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:37 pm

Hi there. I have received my absence letter from my previous employer. However, I just came to know about another query.

I am going to apply for my ILR in two weeks time. I was a work permit holder before I applied for my tier 2 visa. ILR visa I am applying on the basis of continuous stay of 5 years on both work permit holder / tier 2 visa.

I was working with different employer when I got my work permit visa. and right now I am with other employer with my tier 2 visa. For my ILR application, do I need to take a reference letter from my previous employer stating that I was with their employment during my work permit was granted. I already have work permit letter issued from UKBA and resignation letter that I submitted when I resigned my previous job.

Is that enough or I need a separate letter from my previous employer.

Atul

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Re: Employment reference letter

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:05 am

sutariyatul wrote:Hi there. I have received my absence letter from my previous employer. However, I just came to know about another query.

I am going to apply for my ILR in two weeks time. I was a work permit holder before I applied for my tier 2 visa. ILR visa I am applying on the basis of continuous stay of 5 years on both work permit holder / tier 2 visa.

I was working with different employer when I got my work permit visa. and right now I am with other employer with my tier 2 visa. For my ILR application, do I need to take a reference letter from my previous employer stating that I was with their employment during my work permit was granted. I already have work permit letter issued from UKBA and resignation letter that I submitted when I resigned my previous job.

Atul
not necessary. p60 from that period would suffice. even payslips would do.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Post by sutariyatul » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:16 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
sutariyatul wrote:Hi there. I have received my absence letter from my previous employer. However, I just came to know about another query.

Atul
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however Section 11N of ILR application form SET(O) indicates that "If you were a work permit holder, documents confirming that you were in the employment for which a work
permit was issued throughout the period concerned" to be provided to support your application

Does this mean the recent letter required from previous employer within last one month. Because all other documents from previous employer are more than one year old.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:37 pm

sutariyatul wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Atul
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, however Section 11N of ILR application form SET(O) indicates that "If you were a work permit holder, documents confirming that you were in the employment for which a work
permit was issued throughout the period concerned" to be provided to support your application

Does this mean the recent letter required from previous employer within last one month. Because all other documents from previous employer are more than one year old.
ask yourself: what if the former company ceases to exist today.

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Post by sutariyatul » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:43 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:
sutariyatul wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:

Atul
Hi,

ask yourself: what if the former company ceases to exist today.
I understand what you are trying to say but in this case previous company still exists and doing its business....if it does not exists than I can mention it by providing cover letter by myself

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:56 pm

a separate letter from the xformer employer is not a requirement in this case. however no harm in including one. but i would not work very hard to secure that letter if that needed a lot of effort. P60 P45 would suffice.

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Post by sutariyatul » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 pm

wpilr_nov12 wrote:a separate letter from the xformer employer is not a requirement in this case. however no harm in including one. but i would not work very hard to secure that letter if that needed a lot of effort. P60 P45 would suffice.
Thanks a lot wpilr_nov12...I have requested the letter to my previous employer. I am lucky if I will get it in a week otherwise I will go with P60 to prove that I was in employment during the period when I was granted my work permit.

Could you or someone please help me on few of my other queries listed below.

1. I got my work permit on 17/12/2008 however I entered into the UK on 16/01/2009. If I consider my 5 years from 17/12/2008, how can I prove that in my application form because in application form indicates as below,

question 6.1 - when did you first entered into the UK (in my case its 16/01/2009). If I put down 16th January here, does it mean my qualifying period starts from this date. then how can I prove that I am considering 5 years from 17/12/2008.

2. If I consider 5 years period from 16/01/2009 to 15/01/2014. Can I make my application on 19th December 2013.

3. What should I write for the following question.

Current rate of Pay (as stated in the Codes of Practice Per annum
– hourly rate or annual salary)

Whether I put down my current salary or I should put down the rate which is mentioned on SOC code. (Do I consider new entrant salary / experienced salary from SOC code)

4. What should I write on question 7.11 of SET(O) form

7.11 - how long have you lived in the UK
YEARS --- MONTHS -----

For above question, do i need to consider the period from my first entry into the UK or the date from which I am considering for my ILR application.

5. Question 7.12 of SET(O) application form

7.12 - Please provide details of any periods of absences of more than 6 months during that period (as indicated on 7.11)

Does this mean continuous absense of 6 months or summation of all absences if its more than 6 months.

Your early response will be appreciated as I would like to apply for my ILR by next week.

Many thanks!!!

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Post by sutariyatul » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:47 am

sutariyatul wrote:
wpilr_nov12 wrote:a separate letter from the xformer employer is not a requirement in this case. however no harm in including one. but i would not work very hard to secure that letter if that needed a lot of effort. P60 P45 would suffice.
Thanks a lot wpilr_nov12...I have requested the letter to my previous employer. I am lucky if I will get it in a week otherwise I will go with P60 to prove that I was in employment during the period when I was granted my work permit.

1. I got my work permit on 17/12/2008 however I entered into the UK on 16/01/2009. If I consider my 5 years from 17/12/2008, how can I prove that in my application form because in application form indicates as below,

question 6.1 - when did you first entered into the UK (in my case its 16/01/2009). If I put down 16th January here, does it mean my qualifying period starts from this date. then how can I prove that I am considering 5 years from 17/12/2008.

2. If I consider 5 years period from 16/01/2009 to 15/01/2014. Can I make my application on 19th December 2013.

Whether I put down my current salary or I should put down the rate which is mentioned on SOC code. (Do I consider new entrant salary / experienced salary from SOC code)

YEARS --- MONTHS -----

For above question, do i need to consider the period from my first entry into the UK or the date from which I am considering for my ILR application.

7.12 - Please provide details of any periods of absences of more than 6 months during that period (as indicated on 7.11)

Does this mean continuous absense of 6 months or summation of all absences if its more than 6 months.

Your early response will be appreciated as I would like to apply for my ILR by next week.

Many thanks!!!
Can somebody please respond to this email because its very urgent....thanks

sutariyatul
Newly Registered

Post by sutariyatul » Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:29 am

sutariyatul wrote:
sutariyatul wrote:

YEARS --- MONTHS -----

Many thanks!!!
Can somebody please respond to this email because its very urgent....thanks
Hello everybody,

I am eagerly waiting for someone's response to my questions above...could someone please help me with my queries...

Your support will be appreciated..

Many thanks!!!