ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pervious Income Section- Country Code

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majic

Pervious Income Section- Country Code

Post by majic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:50 am

Dear All,

While filling up the Form I noticed that in the Previous income section the "Previous Income" section Question 28 requires you to specify a Country Code. It also mentions that Country Code is specified in Guidence Notes....

But I have found any Country Code(s) in the Guidence Notes. Only Income Bands have been specified there.

Can anybody help. What is the Country Code for Pakistan and where has it been specified in the Guidence Notes?

Regards

roy_rajat

Re: Pervious Income Section- Country Code

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:21 am

majic wrote:Dear All,

While filling up the Form I noticed that in the Previous income section the "Previous Income" section Question 28 requires you to specify a Country Code. It also mentions that Country Code is specified in Guidence Notes....

But I have found any Country Code(s) in the Guidence Notes. Only Income Bands have been specified there.

Can anybody help. What is the Country Code for Pakistan and where has it been specified in the Guidence Notes?

Regards
Annex C, Page 24 of HSMP guidance clearly denotes Bands A to E for various countries........I dont think it is too difficult to notice this for anyone!!! :idea:

majic

Post by majic » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:40 pm

Can any one go through Question 28 and Question 31 of the HSMP Form and then tell me whats the difference.

One asks for Country Code and the Other Income Band. I know the income Band for my country but whats the Country Code for Pakistan.... I have not seen it mentioned anywhere.

Please suggest

roy_rajat

Post by roy_rajat » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:57 pm

majic wrote:
One asks for Country Code (OR BAND as in the guidance) and the Other Income Band (£XXX+). I know the income Band for my country but whats the Country Code for Pakistan (BAND D).... I have not seen it mentioned anywhere.

Please suggest

nayha04
Newly Registered

Re: Pervious Income Section- Country Code

Post by nayha04 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:08 am

majic wrote:Dear All,

Regards
Question 28 asks for the relevant country code, this refers to the Band A, B, C, D or E the country falls into in the tables in the guidance notes.

Question 31 asks for the relevant income band, this refers to the income bracket the applicant is claiming points for. For a Band A country and an applicant claiming 5 points for earnings this would be £16,000+, for 45 points it would be £40,000+.

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:11 pm

Nope! The guidance says:
"There are five income bands that have been
set by HM Treasury."

But if u go by the income bracket, there r 9 brackets (one for every 5 points). Only A-E matches the number 5 :)

But really no idea on the difference between Q28 & Q31.

malar1973
Newly Registered

Post by malar1973 » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:17 pm

It seems my logical reasoning failed here :( and nayha04 is correct. Sent this issue to the HSMP query and got the below reply:

Question 28 asks for the relevant country code, this refers to the Band A, B, C, D or E the country falls into in the tables in the guidance notes.

Question 31 asks for the relevant income band, this refers to the income bracket the applicant is claiming points for. For a Band A country and an applicant claiming 5 points for earnings this would be £16,000+, for 45 points it would be £40,000+.

Sorry for the confusion :(