ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Message from Jobcentre +.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Clubman
Newly Registered

Message from Jobcentre +.

Post by Clubman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:38 am

Hi all,

My non-EEA wife accompanied me into (UK citizen) the UK with her Paris issued EEA-FP.
Issued by Treaty rights & Surinder Singh.

Until we get jobs, we registered at the Jobcenter+ looking for work.

Today I got a text message from Jobcentre+

Saying:
We were unable to process your claim, to JSA until we have received your partners home office documents, confirming what leave to remain she has in the UK.

It also says: A letter has been sent to you, requesting the information. Failure to reply promptly may result in delays.

I believe when a spouse enters UK on EEA-FP, then as treaty rights have been exercised in another country, but not one's own home country, then the EEA-FP issued in the host country, confirms that spouse has "leave to remain"

Opinions or answers please.

Club.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:12 am

Please continue in your other thread
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.