ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EEA family member of a UK national (via singh surinder)

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mira3000
Newly Registered

non EEA family member of a UK national (via singh surinder)

Post by mira3000 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:27 pm

Can the non EEA family member of a British national who has excersised treaty rights in another EU country before returning to UK apply to public funds without affecting his application to Permanent Residence after 5 years residence?

If the British national is working in UK, would that make the non EEA family member eligible for public funds without causing problems? or its not dependent on the employment status of the EEA national?

Thanks for your advice

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 pm

Yes they can claim public funds, so far as they have the right to reside, in this case as a family member.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Clubman
Newly Registered

Post by Clubman » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:54 am

Hi, I also have a situation.

My non-eea wife came to UK with me as a family member, she is my wife.

Is "right to reside" as mentioned above, the same parameters as "leave to remain" when looking to claim JSA?

Our Jobcentre plus, is asking about "leave to remain"

Are they asking the wrong question? should they be asking "right to reside", or are they the same as far as claiming JSA is involved?

Can we jointly (she)claim public funds, so far as they have the right to reside, in this case as a family member.

Club