ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:15 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
It does say on their website that if you cant provide originals you must supply a cover letter explaining why you could only provide copies. Good luck!

@elastep you are getting nearer to the end!! Well done!

@believe and @keisha yep, looks like there was some reshuffle on here and everyone s been taken down a notch....

@dapsonlee nope, no news for me yet, but Im pretty anxious atm as now I know my case worker is looking into my case and is in contact with social services. The problem being is social services are even more of amoebas than HO at times... So they are taking their time with everything... But I suppose I could be getting my decision sometime soon, although who knows what kind of decision it will be...

No news down your end still? Maybe its time to go back to your MP hun?

I am very positive for you based on the fact all angles are being looked into at least and that to me is a good sign. We all know you will get there, it's only the journey make one feel like we walking on hot coal. My prayer is they don't ask you to put in any paid application cos that only goes to show how it's about the money for them (extortion). Lol at the word "amoebas" sigh!!!

No news yet cos I called on the first and it's still waiting to be allocated (11 months on). My MP, I believe works at the home office enquiry unit. I honestly believe based on his first reply, he was not ready to help as I have written him a letter yet again with no response after a month. So I took matters into my own hands and mailed the sugar lady directly, Mike Harper as well as the complaints office but only got acknowledgement notifications from Mike Harper and Home office complaints office. Nothing further. 😳😞
Oh good for you for taking matters into your own hands!!! You emailed Sugar Momma and Mike Harper directly!! Whoa thats brave!! I mean after your MP's not very helpful response that was the thing to do, but its still a pretty brave thing to do.. Well @Ale's application s started to move forward now that he got Sugar Momma involved, hopefully it wont be too much longer until you get some results!!!
Well when bargain hunt and deal or no deal starts play an active role on tv and the first subject of your conversations you know it's time to take a drastic action. Amen to you your prayer Verbz. We are almost there. 😊
Aha same here: my lowest point was when I sat down and watched entire season of Game of Thrones in 1 day :oops: , next day I was so so freaked out by that I wrote to my MP .... Oh I really really hope you hear something soon babe!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

giggles
Newly Registered

refusal under 7 year rule

Post by giggles » Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 pm

HI

new this forum...

our application lasted with HO for 2 months and got refusal today and also to contact enforcement by 19th november 2013 because no other legal way to stay in the uk. my family in a pathetic situation my elder child was brought to uk when he was 3yr 4 months now he is 9yr 5 months and my other child born here just turned 3yr 6months going to nursery but they have refused under family unit and also the elder one not in the uk for 7 years still 9 months left to complete. my wife is 4 months pregnant and doctor has told not to travel since my wife had operation for last 2 kids. don't know what to do in this stage. solicitor said going to jr is not good option because elder one hasn't turnup 7 years yet. but they didn't take s55 at all in account and also nothing mentioned in refusal. solicitor suggest can request for removal direction it might trigger a right of appeal. pls help senior and all my question are
1. shall i go with the solicitor advice
2. am i allowed to apply for temporary admission based on wife situation and doctor letter within 28 days of decision.
3. or apply for jr arguing s55 didn't taken into account.
or any other options stay legal.
really so scared at the moment in regards to enforcement. what are the possibilites pls help.. pls

ontothenext
Newly Registered

Post by ontothenext » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:07 am

Monique30 wrote:
ontothenext wrote:
verbina wrote:
ontothenext wrote:Home office asked for additional documents with their tight deadline. Oh well, sitting here looking what will happen next.
Yay!! You re nearly there then hun!! You will be getting your decision soon fingers crossed!
Thanks verbz, I hope so. The problem is they have requested for some original documents some of which I only have photocopies. But I have decided I will send them the photocopies and I can't get the original copies before the request deadline.

I mean, how can they stipulate they receive document within 6 days? that's a wicked act.
I wouldn't worry too much about it. I didn't have any original documents they asked for and my husband was the one who wrote the cover letter to explain this. So send what you've got photocopies and all and write a cover letter. I only had a week to submit by the time the letter went through my solicitor and then to me. They received docs on 28th October and sent me decision on the 30th. Good luck and I hope it will be good news for you.
Thanks Monique, I will send it tomorrow. Appreciate the support.

Call me dude
Nigeria

Re: refusal under 7 year rule

Post by Call me dude » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:00 am

giggles wrote:HI

new this forum...

our application lasted with HO for 2 months and got refusal today and also to contact enforcement by 19th november 2013 because no other legal way to stay in the uk. my family in a pathetic situation my elder child was brought to uk when he was 3yr 4 months now he is 9yr 5 months and my other child born here just turned 3yr 6months going to nursery but they have refused under family unit and also the elder one not in the uk for 7 years still 9 months left to complete. my wife is 4 months pregnant and doctor has told not to travel since my wife had operation for last 2 kids. don't know what to do in this stage. solicitor said going to jr is not good option because elder one hasn't turnup 7 years yet. but they didn't take s55 at all in account and also nothing mentioned in refusal. solicitor suggest can request for removal direction it might trigger a right of appeal. pls help senior and all my question are
2. am i allowed to apply for temporary admission based on wife situation and doctor letter within 28 days of decision.
really so scared at the moment in regards to enforcement. what are the possibilites pls help.. pls
Hi giggles,welcome to the forum.i would advice you go with your solicitor's advice.wait till your child clocks 7 years and re-apply.not sure what advice the senior members will give....best of luck in whatever you decide to do.
It is well

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:49 am

[quote="Call me dude"][quote="giggles"]HI

new this forum...

really so scared at the moment in regards to enforcement. what are the possibilites pls help.. pls[/quote]

Hi giggles,welcome to the forum.i would advice you go with your solicitor's advice.wait till your child clocks 7 years and re-apply.not sure what advice the senior members will give....best of luck in whatever you decide to do.[/quote]

Hi Giggles, welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your refusal. Oh well, woke up to find we've been demoted. Have a feeling the Hate Office have infiltrated the forum!! Lol!! They are going to do everything in their power to make our lives a misery!! Lol!! Anyway big shoutout to Verbs (hang in there luv!!), Hatchsead, Summer, Believe, Summer, Dapsonlee, Shondra, God's Authority, Keisha, Kukuwife and all those i forgot to mention..@Giggles,Well, as Call me dude has rightly explained, it's pretty much difficult for the home office to grant you leave as you currently stand, as the HO have perhaps set a very high threshold for granting visas. I'm sure a lot of people on the forum can concur. A whole bunch of us who have been hear for 10+ years with children born here over 7 years ago have been refused. It's worthwhile to wait until your child gets to the 7 year mark, which is, in itself not a guarantee according to the amount of refusals HO are dishing out. At least it gives you leverage on which to fight from. You state your wife has a medical condition. If you really feel it falls in the " insurmountable" bracket, you probably could go along that route. If it isn't really life threatening, chronic and can be looked at by Dr's in your country of origin, I doubt the HO would even take a second glance at it. I don't mean to dampen your hopes but the nasty Hate Office has really set a high threshold and they are still refusing willy nilly albeit unlawfully at times in order to fiddle the figures and stats. Your best hope is to make your case stronger.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:13 am

nilemarques wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

new this forum...

Hi giggles,welcome to the forum.i would advice you go with your solicitor's advice.wait till your child clocks 7 years and re-apply.not sure what advice the senior members will give....best of luck in whatever you decide to do.
Hi Giggles, welcome to the forum and sorry to hear of your refusal. Oh well, woke up to find we've been demoted. Have a feeling the Hate Office have infiltrated the forum!! Lol!! They are going to do everything in their power to make our lives a misery!! Lol!! Anyway big shoutout to Verbs (hang in there luv!!), Hatchsead, Summer, Believe, Summer, Dapsonlee, Shondra, God's Authority, Keisha, Kukuwife and all those i forgot to mention..@Giggles,Well, as Call me dude has rightly explained, it's pretty much difficult for the home office to grant you leave as you currently stand, as the HO have perhaps set a very high threshold for granting visas. I'm sure a lot of people on the forum can concur. A whole bunch of us who have been hear for 10+ years with children born here over 7 years ago have been refused. It's worthwhile to wait until your child gets to the 7 year mark, which is, in itself not a guarantee according to the amount of refusals HO are dishing out. At least it gives you leverage on which to fight from. You state your wife has a medical condition. If you really feel it falls in the " insurmountable" bracket, you probably could go along that route. If it isn't really life threatening, chronic and can be looked at by Dr's in your country of origin, I doubt the HO would even take a second glance at it. I don't mean to dampen your hopes but the nasty Hate Office has really set a high threshold and they are still refusing willy nilly albeit unlawfully at times in order to fiddle the figures and stats. Your best hope is to make your case stronger.
@giggles, nilemarques has summed it all up. Bitter as it may sound, you will have to go with the immigration consultants suggestion. The 7 year mark is not a guarantee but a good pedestal for you to launch your battles from. It appears they must have spotted that your child hasn't yet qualified for the 7 year rule and took undue advantage of that by speeding everything up within 2 months. Don't worry, you can lose a battle to win a war my friend.
It is well!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:27 am

nilemarques wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

new this forum...

@giggles Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your refusal hun! Afraid there s nothing else to add as @nilemarques and @hatchsead already said it all... But dont fret, just follow your solicitor's advice and you ll get there! All the best!

PS re sec55 its their duty to protect best interests of a child, however HO have their own interpretation of that guidance. Its way too risky to apply for JR based on that only. Dont do it hun!

@nilemarques Ola! Shout outs right back at ya and everyone else here! Haha HO infiltrated our forum and demoted us to make our lives harder! Heeheee!! :P

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:17 am

Good morning all.
@Giggles I agree with the comprehensive advice given by Nilemarques, Hatchsead and Verbina

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:45 am

Keisha wrote:@Believe...*waves&hug*...I'm fine thanks by His grace and mercy.Praying for God's miracle upon the JR.I wasn't aware that I've been down-graded to a member status....lol.How's the going for you?

@Elastep...each time I call the solicitor's office sounds like HO on a smaller scale with a waiting period before your call get answered...*rollseyes*.I spoke to his assistant and asked her about the developments and told me sh ell email the letter.Even today still waiting and she mentioned that gotta wait about 3months...something to that effect..*sighs*.Honestly,I'm not even sure to ask her again as they make me anxious.So,I pray to my LivingGod that He answers for me at the courts and be my Judge and grant me a stay!I believe all shall be well though!!Thanks for the template and will send it to them!
Hi Keisha I am well thanks waiting and hanging in there. God will make a way for each and every one of us on this forum. Thanks for your prayers as always.

giggles
Newly Registered

Post by giggles » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:06 am

thanks for all your support but my status in limbo now.... in order to protect our self from enforcement shall i make an other application within 28 days with my wife doctor letter saying she cannot travel at this stage.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:11 am

verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
Call me dude wrote:

new this forum...

@giggles Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about your refusal hun! Afraid there s nothing else to add as @nilemarques and @hatchsead already said it all... But dont fret, just follow your solicitor's advice and you ll get there! All the best!

PS re sec55 its their duty to protect best interests of a child, however HO have their own interpretation of that guidance. Its way too risky to apply for JR based on that only. Dont do it hun!

@nilemarques Ola! Shout outs right back at ya and everyone else here! Haha HO infiltrated our forum and demoted us to make our lives harder! Heeheee!! :P
Verbena how come you have still not received your biometrics? Cal this number 01142072110 it's a number that I was given twice on my biometrics as I did mine twice since the first one was not captured. If not call the 087 number and tell then to request it for you.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:17 am

@majojo Ive no idea hun, perhaps its because Ive not submitted a paid application....

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:41 am

verbina wrote:@majojo Ive no idea hun, perhaps its because Ive not submitted a paid application....
Try the numbers and see my dear. What application did u apply n why isn't it paid?

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:57 am

majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:@majojo Ive no idea hun, perhaps its because Ive not submitted a paid application....
Try the numbers and see my dear. What application did u apply n why isn't it paid?
Coz I was in detention at the time my solicitor submitted a free representation for FLR (O) to HO, they released me the next day to report fortnightly at reporting centre.

majojo

Post by majojo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:57 pm

verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
Coz I was in detention at the time my solicitor submitted a free representation for FLR (O) to HO, they released me the next day to report fortnightly at reporting centre.
Oh Ook I see. This wait is just too much butu just found outta they have put all applications before April on hold and they are dealing with those made after that's why if some one applies recently they get a decesion in weeks. I called now n that's what the lady said do I should wait.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:01 pm

majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote:
Oh Ook I see. This wait is just too much butu just found outta they have put all applications before April on hold and they are dealing with those made after that's why if some one applies recently they get a decesion in weeks. I called now n that's what the lady said do I should wait.

Am not surprised, the hand writing have been written all over wall for the last few weeks. I will think the move is to enable them meet up the 60% rejection target set by government.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

tinapalak

flro

Post by tinapalak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:40 pm

Hi giggles ,welcome to the forum ,my application was refused on the same issue as you,but the diffrence is that my kids completed 7 years on the decision date but still they refused and said same reason as you. now i made new application last month ,so i think the best way for you , you should wait until your elder child complete 7 years here

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi hatchsead i did my biomatrics on 24 Oct but on my daughters letter they didn't mention responsible adult so we have to wait until they send new letter .i want to ask you, they wrote responsible adult not found because we made separate application or may be any mistake .thanx in advance.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 pm

tinapalak wrote:Hi hatchsead i did my biomatrics on 24 Oct but on my daughters letter they didn't mention responsible adult so we have to wait until they send new letter .i want to ask you, they wrote responsible adult not found because we made separate application or may be any mistake .thanx in advance.
Perhaps you missed that out at first when you were filling the form initially. I included my wifes name as the responsible adult when we were initially filling the FLR(O) form.
You can still contact the number on a few threads back which was suggested to Verbina, they will tell you how to go about sorting that.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:57 pm

hatchsead wrote:
majojo wrote:
verbina wrote:
majojo wrote: Try the numbers and see my dear. What application did u apply n why isn't it paid?

Am not surprised, the hand writing have been written all over wall for the last few weeks. I will think the move is to enable them meet up the 60% rejection target set by government.

Sigh!!! A journey of 6 months becomes an average of 14 months waiting game. Isn't it a surprise how it takes 2 weeks to complete an application when it's actually looked into but takes eternity to wait for that to happen? I have always said we are nothing to these people but "statistics" and "reference" numbers. Hmm, it is well!!!

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Post by CrystalNewbie » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:32 pm

hatchsead wrote:
tinapalak wrote:Hi hatchsead i did my biomatrics on 24 Oct but on my daughters letter they didn't mention responsible adult so we have to wait until they send new letter .i want to ask you, they wrote responsible adult not found because we made separate application or may be any mistake .thanx in advance.
Perhaps you missed that out at first when you were filling the form initially. I included my wifes name as the responsible adult when we were initially filling the FLR(O) form.
You can still contact the number on a few threads back which was suggested to Verbina, they will tell you how to go about sorting that.
That happened to us and we just called the number provided on the biometric letter or confirmation of application letter. It is not a big deal though I did make a big deal out of it....only my husbands calming effect helped....otherwise no issues at all. I am careful with my application and I know I put a responsible adult and I had a copy to prove it...sometimes they do make those mistakes...maybe psychological torture...you never know...

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:44 pm

Hi guys!

Just wanted to ask usually if home office send their letter to come do biometrics after a fresh application do they normally put a time frame to get it done? for example within 7 days or so. thanks.

giggles
Newly Registered

Post by giggles » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:50 pm

@ trendy201 its normally 15 days from the date of ho letter

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:58 pm

k. thanks giggles.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:50 pm

I have just received an acknowledgement for my Subject Access Request (SAR) from the Records Management department dated 23/10/2013.
Hopefully, i will have a status update on what is going on with our applications at the HO for the past 14months. I can't continue to keep quiet and remain in limbo without knowing what is happening to our applications. sigh..........:-)