ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cross border worker

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

euroguys

cross border worker

Post by euroguys » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:13 pm

If a UK citizen becomes resident in Eire with his non EEA Wife and registers self employment but his customers are all in Northen Ireland would he qualify for singh on returning to the UK

oshelu
BANNED

Re: cross border worker

Post by oshelu » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:27 pm

euroguys wrote:If a UK citizen becomes resident in Eire with his non EEA Wife and registers self employment but his customers are all in Northen Ireland would he qualify for singh on returning to the UK
Why must you not all be desperate for Leave to remain in the U.K Citizenship slots ?

Look at these people.

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:46 pm

thankyou for your reply have no idea what you mean though

Devine13
Newly Registered

Post by Devine13 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:56 pm

oshelu
how many time the members on this forum told u, to improve ur english before comment on the posts ?
i went through all of your posts and all of them doesn't make a dam sense.
This is a great place for for people to discuss their issues, please refrain from giving your non-sense openion.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:06 pm

oshelu has been banned for continued mindless comments despite warning.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:45 pm

yes it doesn t matter where the customers are as long as the business is registered in ireland and you provide a business account in ireland.

euroguys

Post by euroguys » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Thank you I thought as much just wasnt sure if x border had any implications and for my part i dont mind some one practicing there English on this thread

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:01 am

You would need to register for tax as a self employed person with the Irish revenue/tax department. Then that is proof that you are working in Ireland. I think you would need to work for at least one year, maybe two, in Ireland, to get the necessary papers.

You also need to claim child benefit from Ireland (it is higher than the UK amount) and to send your children to school in Ireland (as children attending school in Ireland is the best proof that the family is in Ireland).

You need to make sure that things like ESB bills show usage of ESB in the house where you live in Ireland - if there is no ESB usage then you are not living there.
BL