ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

28 days rule for Naturalisation application?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Maxwell

28 days rule for Naturalisation application?

Post by Maxwell » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:50 pm

Hello

I have simple question. Usually you are allowed to apply 28 days in advance, like for ILR for example, you can apply 28 days before your period, making you eligible for ILR, is over.

Does it also apply for 1 year of having ILR before naturalisation application. So can I apply for naturalisation after having ILR and living in UK for 11 months and couple of days instead of waiting exactly 12 months?

It would be great if you could provide link to UKBA website confirming it as well, but not necessary. Thank you very much. I looked at UKBA website and could not find it, so decided to ask here. :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:52 pm

Unfortunately no, unless you're married/civil partnership to a British Citizen or your ILR case was protracted you'll have to wait 12 months at least.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Thank you. Do you or anybody else have link to official document to confirm it please? Thank you very much.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 pm

It would be difficult to find a document to confirm something that doesn't exist. The documents list what the requirements are, not what the non requirement are.

Standard requirements for naturalisation.

Maxwell

Post by Maxwell » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:43 pm

I understand. Thank you very much. Everything is clear now. Thank you, god bless you, have a nice day. :)

syed_h
Newly Registered

Post by syed_h » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:40 pm

Maxwell wrote:I understand. Thank you very much. Everything is clear now. Thank you, god bless you, have a nice day. :)
I have checked this matter today with the Solicitor, as I also want to apply earlier, and he is very much confident that we can apply 28 days before for naturilsation.

If anybody on this forum have already experienced this situation, please share!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 pm

syed_h wrote:I have checked this matter today with the Solicitor, as I also want to apply earlier, and he is very much confident that we can apply 28 days before for naturilsation.
Did The Solicitor provide proof to his claim? There are several provisions which allow to apply early (upto 3 months) but those require discretion. The 28 days rule only applies to immigration applications not naturalisation.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:47 pm

The solicitor should know better :?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.