ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Email address or Correspondence Address

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fairlady231
Newly Registered

Email address or Correspondence Address

Post by fairlady231 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:48 am

I am an in country applicant and would like to confirm whether it is better to use your email address or your correspondence address for confirmation that the application has been received.
Thanks.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:27 am

They don't confirm via email or mail You have to send it with a tracking ID from the post office.

boyzzeal

Post by boyzzeal » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:14 am

SYH,

I sent my application and even received the acknolwedgment.

I suggest email-id is better as it is quick compared to a standard letter which would take a week before it reaches you and by that time a decision might have already been made.

Just type in your complete name (BLOCKS) along with email id (BLOCKS). No underling ..nothing.

Hope it helps!!!

Regards,
deeps

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:55 am

Really, that's news to me, I have never received confirmation.
However, I think its incumbent on the applicant to have it tracked on not rely on the HO to confirm. If they lost it, you don't have proof they received otherwise.

kck9
BANNED

Post by kck9 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:02 am

Yes SYH, they do send the replies to the email and it is very fast easy and convinient for them and us.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:23 am

kck9 wrote:Yes SYH, they do send the replies to the email and it is very fast easy and convinient for them and us.
Like I said, they have never confirmed receipt with me and the last application I made was sept 2006

apeterso925

Post by apeterso925 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:55 pm

SYH wrote:
kck9 wrote:Yes SYH, they do send the replies to the email and it is very fast easy and convinient for them and us.
Like I said, they have never confirmed receipt with me and the last application I made was sept 2006
Well, they send your reference number by email, if you provided it in your application...but that isn't acknowledgment of the initial receipt of your application, that means you paid your fee and your application is now ready for review...and has been in the hands of the HO for several days (probably).

I'm with SYH, I wasn't aware (and did not receive) any kind of correspondence from the HO that they had merely received my application. The first (and only) email I've received from them was the one that included my reference number, after I already knew that they had received it because they had already debited my credit card.

kck9
BANNED

Re: Email address or Correspondence Address

Post by kck9 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:40 pm

fairlady231 wrote:I am an in country applicant and would like to confirm whether it is better to use your email address or your correspondence address for confirmation that the application has been received.
Thanks.
You are absolutely right apeterso925, you always receive the email with the reference number and the first post was all about filling BoxA in the 2nd page of the application (if my thinking is right), and i think fairlady231 is also expecting the same. In this case giving email address is absolutely fine as I have received confirmation through email before.

Thanks