ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

naba

Re: PAP/JR

Post by naba » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:14 pm

God's Authority wrote:
naba wrote:
verbina wrote:
naba wrote:Dear verbina, dapsonlee, Hatchsead, elastep, Kaisha, Summer.. and other friends, hope you are keeping well.
As I shared my solicitor applied for the appeal permission but not sure when will get the result. Therefore, I am planning to put PAP to be safe side as it needs to be done within the certain time. Can I do it side by side, sending the PAP letter now?
If so, I will try to PAP by myself because of my budget constraint and then go to the solicitor for the JR. Can anyone tell me the total cost for the JR please? I got the PAP template from a forum friend here, sorry can't remember the name (@elastep, was it you?). Please give me your tips and advice for doing the PAP. Thank you all so much for the support. Stay blessed.
Babe each PAP letter is pretty individual in terms of including caselaw etc relevant to your specific case and carefully worded. @nilemarques composed his own PAP letter I believe along with his own caselaw examples, hopefully he ll comment on this...
The cost of JR depends on which solicitor / barrister you use around £2.000-7.000 average :(
@ verbina, thank you hun for the information. I just realized that the HO office did not returned my child's birth certificate. As I mentioned earlier my case has transferred to the local office including our passport. Is the birth certificate transferred too? is it how it works? thank you. God bless.

Hello Naba

My daughter's birth certificate was also withheld along with two vital medical records we submitted and our passports and biometric cards.

I think this is because that is the only form of I.D the kids have that is why they have decided to hold on to it. I see Hatchshead/ Dapsonlee( not sure who did but bless their heart) has suggested to request for it. I will try that perhaps you should do. All the best dear.
@God's Authority, thank you dear. please let me know how it goes if you ask for the documents. God bless

@ verbina, & hatchsead, thank you both for the suggestion on this issue. Go bless

naba

Post by naba » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:17 pm

hatchsead wrote:I have just received an acknowledgement for my Subject Access Request (SAR) from the Records Management department dated 23/10/2013.
Hopefully, i will have a status update on what is going on with our applications at the HO for the past 14months. I can't continue to keep quiet and remain in limbo without knowing what is happening to our applications. sigh..........:-)
@ hatchsead, this sounds positive! fingers crossed and all the best!!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:02 am

Good morning Forum!!!!!!! Most of the family life (parent of a child, children born and lived in uk more than 7 years and both parents are overstayers) application refused on the basis of:
the application of EX1 cited as reasons for refusal as follows

•applicant must have sole responsibility for the child to be elligible
•decisions must not be taken on the basis of mere assertions about the best interests of the child
•it is also not considered unreasonable to expect my children to leave the as a family unit with their parents.
So that means they not considering best interest of child anymore. Could anyone tell me what is the sole responsibility of the child? child have a both parents, they married in uk, only they are overstayers. What is the meaning of applicant must have sole responsibility for the child?

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:42 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum!!!!!!! Most of the family life (parent of a child, children born and lived in uk more than 7 years and both parents are overstayers) application refused on the basis of:

•decisions must not be taken on the basis of mere assertions about the best interests of the child
•it is also not considered unreasonable to expect my children to leave the as a family unit with their parents.
So that means they not considering best interest of child anymore. Could anyone tell me what is the sole responsibility of the child? child have a both parents, they married in uk, only they are overstayers. What is the meaning of applicant must have sole responsibility for the child?
@Shondra Sharma
I think it means that the child is dependant on and is also been taken care of by only one parent.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:59 am

that means child doesnot need both parents (both parents are in uk and they both involving child cares) what a joke? that means either you divorce and one parent leave the country. Both parents are here in uk, they married here in uk for a long time (only they are overstayer). That means should have one parent and child lived for 7 or more years in uk cases are successful. OMG What a nasty, cruel, both parents are here, they can't be seprated with their child.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:12 am

Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum!!!!!!! Most of the family life (parent of a child, children born and lived in uk more than 7 years and both parents are overstayers) application refused on the basis of:

Good morning Shondra,

This is what I have been trying to explain to you all these while. Lawyers tell both overstayed parents to apply as a family unit hence why the enormous refusal cos these greedy lawyers do this on purpose and then lie to you that it can be won in court in order to make money. But as a sole carer of child, it means one parent of the child must apply with the child to consider the vest interest of the child. I think Hatchsead explained this as well.

So if you are going to apply either you and your child or your wife and your child cos if all 3 apply together, that is automatic refusal.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:24 am

@dapsonle I applied my child british citizenship, hopefully will get a soon. What will happened after that? we(me and my wife both overstayer, we married here in uk, lived for 15 years). How can we apply after that? solicitor saying you both of you get easily once your child is british, again I doubut could you tell me how we going to apply next?

Rockefeller
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Rockefeller » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:02 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

Good morning Shondra,

This is what I have been trying to explain to you all these while. Lawyers tell both overstayed parents to apply as a family unit hence why the enormous refusal cos these greedy lawyers do this on purpose and then lie to you that it can be won in court in order to make money. But as a sole carer of child, it means one parent of the child must apply with the child to consider the vest interest of the child. I think Hatchsead explained this as well.

So if you are going to apply either you and your child or your wife and your child cos if all 3 apply together, that is automatic refusal.
Hello everyone

@Dapsonlee I think this situation is more complicated than one completing the form and omitting their partner in other to claim they have met the requirements.

Firstly, I believe this was a deliberate trap by the HO to lead many people into lying and thereby compounding their immigration matters. Bear it mind that most of the families concerned would have made HO applications in the past as partners or couples or have both of their names registered on their children birth certs.

I'm aware of a family who have omitted the father's name and declare him missing where the HO is now asking the applicant (wife) to prove that her husband no longer have parental responsibility over the child.

I think solicitors are right as they should not be advising clients to misrepresent information on their applications in order to meet the requirements. I agree with you Shondra, These requirement are stupid and discriminates against 2 parent family and I believe that once it gets in front of the judge it would be quashed.

But my advice is we need to be careful before misrepresenting our information. As a father for instance, how can you go back to HO to claim you have parental responsibility over your child once your wife has successfully convinced the HO that you were not.

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:15 pm

@rockfeller most of the cases as you said they are husband and wife, married in uk, they have valid visa before as dependent of wife or husband and their children. No need to prove HO husband and wife and their children, like in my case we have valid visa for 8 years as depedent of each other and our child as well. How comes HO making a decision under sole responsibilty child. This is totally unlawful and breaking human right of a family life who been together 15 years and have a child born here in uk nearly 10 years old. What can I say?

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm

Rockefeller wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Good morning Shondra,

Hello everyone

@Dapsonlee I think this situation is more complicated than one completing the form and omitting their partner in other to claim they have met the requirements.

Firstly, I believe this was a deliberate trap by the HO to lead many people into lying and thereby compounding their immigration matters. Bear it mind that most of the families concerned would have made HO applications in the past as partners or couples or have both of their names registered on their children birth certs.

I'm aware of a family who have omitted the father's name and declare him missing where the HO is now asking the applicant (wife) to prove that her husband no longer have parental responsibility over the child.

I think solicitors are right as they should not be advising clients to misrepresent information on their applications in order to meet the requirements. I agree with you Shondra, These requirement are stupid and discriminates against 2 parent family and I believe that once it gets in front of the judge it would be quashed.

But my advice is we need to be careful before misrepresenting our information. As a father for instance, how can you go back to HO to claim you have parental responsibility over your child once your wife has successfully convinced the HO that you were not.

I will not encourage anyone to apply as being sole responsible person for a child leaving out his/ her partner in the cold to dry. It will only lead to complication later in the future even if the applicant who applied as single parent gets a visa. The HO will hold it against the other partner should the other partner surface later to regularise as a father/ mother to the child.
By HO's standard, such partner has not played any role in the childs life and asuch has no right to enjoy any privildge of such.
Please, becareful about misinterpreting the law. Both parents can fight it out that they have been solely responsibile for the child. The word applicant should not mean the father or mother ONLY. It could also stand for both parents. The word "applicant" should not be mistaken for the word " principal applicant". It is a trick by the HO to confuse people and trap them into a box.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:38 pm

exactly@hatsched we together responsible for a child (mother and father), we been like together before, we will be together with our child for ever.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:51 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Rockefeller wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Good morning Shondra,

Hello everyone

I will not encourage anyone to apply as being sole responsible person for a child leaving out his/ her partner in the cold to dry. It will only lead to complication later in the future even if the applicant who applied as single parent gets a visa. The HO will hold it against the other partner should the other partner surface later to regularise as a father/ mother to the child.
By HO's standard, such partner has not played any role in the childs life and asuch has no right to enjoy any privildge of such.
Please, becareful about misinterpreting the law. Both parents can fight it out that they have been solely responsibile for the child. The word applicant should not mean the father or mother ONLY. It could also stand for both parents. The word "applicant" should not be mistaken for the word " principal applicant". It is a trick by the HO to confuse people and trap them into a box.

Wow!!! Thanks Hatchsead and Rockefeller for the insight I clearly understand that more clearly now. :oops:

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 pm

OMFG!! Please HELP!!
I just got a letter from Home Office!! They said they asked my social worker for my contact orders, my daughter's birth certificate and my daughter's passport.
Then they said that before a decision is reached this is the chance to provide any additional information/evidence which demonstrates that I enjoy a family life (including cohabitation with my boyfriend) and my daughter....
I got 10 working days to provide all the info, but planning to do it asap.

Im totally dumbstruck!! :oops: :oops: :oops: What sort of additional evidence can I send? I mean I ve not got any joint bills or correspondence to our address with my boyfriend... Urrm also evidence of family life with my daughter.... Do they want photos?
OMG Im actually gonna faint!!!
Why oh why do these things happen on Friday PM!!!!!!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:29 pm

verbina wrote:OMFG!! Please HELP!!
I just got a letter from Home Office!! They said they asked my social worker for my contact orders, my daughter's birth certificate and my daughter's passport.
Then they said that before a decision is reached this is the chance to provide any additional information/evidence which demonstrates that I enjoy a family life (including cohabitation with my boyfriend) and my daughter....

Im totally dumbstruck!! :oops: :oops: :oops: What sort of additional evidence can I send? I mean I ve not got any joint bills or correspondence to our address with my boyfriend... Urrm also evidence of family life with my daughter.... Do they want photos?
This is some fantastic news Verbz. I guess photos would help any letter (official, receipts etc) with your name at the address you share with your boyfriend could actually help and an excellent cover letter with honest explanation on whatever you cannot provide would perhaps go a long way. The more the merrier it suppose and perhaps a support statement from you boyfriend too including letters with his name on it.

I am so happy for you Verbz. This Xmas is looking roses already 😜😜😜😜

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:35 pm

dapsonlee wrote:

This is some fantastic news Verbz. I guess photos would help any letter (official, receipts etc) with your name at the address you share with your boyfriend could actually help and an excellent cover letter with honest explanation on whatever you cannot provide would perhaps go a long way. The more the merrier it suppose and perhaps a support statement from you boyfriend too including letters with his name on it.

Its weird they want any evidence of my life with him coz I specifically didnt include him on my application and based everything on my daughter.... Hmmmm yeah Ill just write a cover letter and explain that Ive not got any joint accounts or anything else and include some pics. And evidence of my family life with my daughter is photos isnt it?

Sorry sorry sorry for all the stupid questions!!! I swear its like I been hit with a dumb stick when I read that letter... :oops:

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:44 pm

hello verb.try and send any document you have in cohibation with your daughter. Basically,I want you to sit and think as if you r a caseworker dealing with a particular case in which you expect the applicant to provide more documents that would convince you (as a caseworker )that he/she is enjoy family life with a kid!. This is my advice for u verb.and please make use of the opportunity bcos its your last chance to get granted at once

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Its weird they want any evidence of my life with him coz I specifically didnt include him on my application and based everything on my daughter.... Hmmmm yeah Ill just write a cover letter and explain that Ive not got any joint accounts or anything else and include some pics. And evidence of my family life with my daughter is photos isnt it?

Sorry sorry sorry for all the stupid questions!!! I swear its like I been hit with a dumb stick when I read that letter... :oops:

It's ok Verbz. It's best to be stupid and get it right than to play smart and fail woefully. Hatchsead taught me that this morning lol. We learn daily .

I believe photos will constitute evidence family life and any sort of communications you both had I.e emails, text messages or calls (if you have a contract line, phone records can help), pictures with your boyfriend too. Anything relating to you and him, you him and the address, you and your daughter. I am pretty sure other members could hint on more documents to provide cos I am just going by what most people have done here. And if you can't provide anything with official letter headed paper, a cover letter should do just fine. Someone did that here with the cover letter and still got granted. God is on your side Verbz just do your best and I believe he will do the rest. So damn happy for you.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Verbs, this is fantastic news. I suppose statements from your boyfriend and mutual friends, photos with your daughter should suffice. All the best you truly deserve this!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:50 pm

yahwadud wrote:

hello verb.try and send any document you have in cohibation with your daughter. Basically,I want you to sit and think as if you r a caseworker dealing with a particular case in which you expect the applicant to provide more documents that would convince you (as a caseworker )that he/she is enjoy family life with a kid!. This is my advice for u verb.and please make use of the opportunity bcos its your last chance to get granted at once
Hello luv!! Hope you re well! Thank you! You re right I need to think how the caseworker would think! Its just that my daughter is living with foster carers so we dont actually cohabit :( but I ve got some photos from like Madame Tussauds and Ripleys museum etc so thats family life I suppose.... Ill send all that! Thank you once again!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:52 pm

Believe2013 wrote:

Hi Verbs, this is fantastic news. I suppose statements from your boyfriend and mutual friends, photos with your daughter should suffice. All the best you truly deserve this!
Thanks luv!! Any news with you? Have you got a date of your hearing yet?

yahwadud

Post by yahwadud » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:04 pm

verbina wrote:
yahwadud wrote:

Hello luv!! Hope you re well! Thank you! You re right I need to think how the caseworker would think! Its just that my daughter is living with foster carers so we dont actually cohabit :( but I ve got some photos from like Madame Tussauds and Ripleys museum etc so thats family life I suppose.... Ill send all that! Thank you once again!
.alhamdulilahi am doing very well.i wish u all the best .

Shondra Sharma

Post by Shondra Sharma » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 pm

@verbena that's fantastic news, send what you got. You will be granted soon. Best of luck. God bless.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:22 pm

Verbina, I can feel it in my bones, you are closer to being granted your visa sooner than you can imagine yourself :D :lol:

I have provided the list below to juggle your memory, you don't have to provide all the documentation listed but rather, it will help you in compiling as much as you can to back up your application.

FLR(O) Documents List & Supporting Letter Tips

• Application fee made to “Home Office - Leave To Remain” for each applicant.
• 2 x passport sized photographs of youself and for each dependant applying.
• Certified colour passport copy for each individual applying instead of sending the passport unless HO demands for it.
• Certified colour copy of each child’s birth certificate
• Photographs of your family in the UK over the years, including with friends/extended family members.
• Evidence of your private accommodation by way of a tenancy agreement/ mortgage statement (If any).
• Your last three months bank statements/evidence of savings and payslips/ last tax report three months prior to the submission of your application (If any).
• Personal statement from yourself and all other applicants explaining your reasons for wanting to be granted leave to remain in the UK (along with your child(ren) and why you cannot return to your country.
• Evidence of the child(ren’s) progression in school such as annual school reports, certificates granted to them, letters from their school.
• Evidence of your child(ren) being involved in extra-curricular activities (if any).
• Evidence of you and your child’s medical condition and evidence of treatment received by him/her and you over the years (If any).
• Evidence of your entire residence in the UK i.e. formal correspondence for each year spent in the UK showing no break in the chain of your residence in the UK such as utility bills.
• Letters of support from friends and family with copy of their British passport or Evidence of their legal status in the UK. If possible, could your children also write small letters explaining how they view life in the UK and why they want to stay?
• Evidence of your educational/ training achievements to date (if any) and the same for all other applicants.
• Any other documents you may feel you require or would be helpful.

NB
You can provide a colour photocopy of each person’s passport (the page showing their face and details and the page showing their entry stamp to the UK, if any). You can get these certified by your solicitor or a local solicitor, they will charge per document. Also, anything to do with your jobs/skills set so we can show what work you do and will do (any job offer letter offers, references…).

Please forward the following advice and tips, to those persons who will be providing you with a letter of support with regards to your Leave to Remain Application:

PARAGRAPH 1

 Firstly they should address this letter to the Secretary of State at the Home Office, at:

Border and Immigration Agency
Leave to Remain FLR(O) PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

 They should start the letter by stating their name and address
 They should then confirm their Immigration status within the UK, how long they have been residing here etc…..
 They should then mention that they have confirmation of their status, which is included with their letter, by way of a coloured copy of their British passport or a copy of relevant pages of their passport (if from a country other than the UK) confirming their status in the UK.
 Ensure that each letter does in fact have the corresponding copy of passport.

PARAGRAPH 2

 They should describe their relationship to you (i.e. how they know you, how long they have known you).
 They should then give a favourable description of you, highlighting your good characteristics, (e.g. your work ethic, helpfulness to society, lawfulness as a good citizen of the British community etc..)
 They should confirm what their understanding of your family situation is, that is what your relationship is to your family members here within the UK and what role you play with regards to them…..
 They should then discuss what the unfortunate impact would be to you and your family and friends who reside in the UK, should the Secretary of State refuse to grant you Leave to Remain within the UK.

FINAL PARAGRAPH

 They should then make a personal plea to the Secretary of State requesting that she grants you and your family members Leave to Remain and explaining why.
 Finally they close their letter politely confirming that should the Secretary of State require any further information from them then she should not hesitate to contact them.

I hope the above will assist some of us with their application.

Good luck girl!
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:05 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Verbina, I can feel it in my bones, you are closer to being granted your visa sooner than you can imagine yourself :D :lol:

I have provided the list below to juggle your memory, you don't have to provide all the documentation listed but rather, it will help you in compiling as much as you can to back up your application.

FLR(O) Documents List & Supporting Letter Tips

• Application fee made to “Home Office - Leave To Remain” for each applicant.
• 2 x passport sized photographs of youself and for each dependant applying.
• Certified colour passport copy for each individual applying instead of sending the passport unless HO demands for it.
• Certified colour copy of each child’s birth certificate
• Photographs of your family in the UK over the years, including with friends/extended family members.
• Evidence of your private accommodation by way of a tenancy agreement/ mortgage statement (If any).
• Your last three months bank statements/evidence of savings and payslips/ last tax report three months prior to the submission of your application (If any).
• Personal statement from yourself and all other applicants explaining your reasons for wanting to be granted leave to remain in the UK (along with your child(ren) and why you cannot return to your country.
• Evidence of the child(ren’s) progression in school such as annual school reports, certificates granted to them, letters from their school.
• Evidence of your child(ren) being involved in extra-curricular activities (if any).
• Evidence of you and your child’s medical condition and evidence of treatment received by him/her and you over the years (If any).
• Evidence of your entire residence in the UK i.e. formal correspondence for each year spent in the UK showing no break in the chain of your residence in the UK such as utility bills.
• Letters of support from friends and family with copy of their British passport or Evidence of their legal status in the UK. If possible, could your children also write small letters explaining how they view life in the UK and why they want to stay?
• Evidence of your educational/ training achievements to date (if any) and the same for all other applicants.
• Any other documents you may feel you require or would be helpful.

NB
You can provide a colour photocopy of each person’s passport (the page showing their face and details and the page showing their entry stamp to the UK, if any). You can get these certified by your solicitor or a local solicitor, they will charge per document. Also, anything to do with your jobs/skills set so we can show what work you do and will do (any job offer letter offers, references…).

Please forward the following advice and tips, to those persons who will be providing you with a letter of support with regards to your Leave to Remain Application:

PARAGRAPH 1

 Firstly they should address this letter to the Secretary of State at the Home Office, at:

Border and Immigration Agency
Leave to Remain FLR(O) PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR

 They should start the letter by stating their name and address
 They should then confirm their Immigration status within the UK, how long they have been residing here etc…..
 They should then mention that they have confirmation of their status, which is included with their letter, by way of a coloured copy of their British passport or a copy of relevant pages of their passport (if from a country other than the UK) confirming their status in the UK.
 Ensure that each letter does in fact have the corresponding copy of passport.

PARAGRAPH 2

 They should describe their relationship to you (i.e. how they know you, how long they have known you).
 They should then give a favourable description of you, highlighting your good characteristics, (e.g. your work ethic, helpfulness to society, lawfulness as a good citizen of the British community etc..)
 They should confirm what their understanding of your family situation is, that is what your relationship is to your family members here within the UK and what role you play with regards to them…..
 They should then discuss what the unfortunate impact would be to you and your family and friends who reside in the UK, should the Secretary of State refuse to grant you Leave to Remain within the UK.

FINAL PARAGRAPH

 They should then make a personal plea to the Secretary of State requesting that she grants you and your family members Leave to Remain and explaining why.
 Finally they close their letter politely confirming that should the Secretary of State require any further information from them then she should not hesitate to contact them.

I hope the above will assist some of us with their application.

Good luck girl!
@hatchsead babe you re absolute legend! Fully comprehensive list for the dumb struck me!! :lol: Thank you you ever so much!!!

tinapalak

Post by tinapalak » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:35 pm

@ hatchsead and crystalnewbie , HO Made mistake with my daughters letter .i did call them about that on 1 Nov and received biomatrics letter for both daughters today .and did biomatrics today now hopping for positive reply soon.best of luck for you as well hatchead .