ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

am a British citizent - when can my wife apply for ILR &

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

BACK_TO_GB

am a British citizent - when can my wife apply for ILR &

Post by BACK_TO_GB » Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:25 pm

Hi all,

I got my BC last month and have now done my passport to :)

my wife joined me in the Uk last year on a dependant Visa and she is now on a Spouse Visa... been in the Uk for about 1.5 years now... just to mention that she entered before the rules changed (from 2 to 5 years for ILR)...

my calculations say that she will be elegible for ILR in 6 month time... as she would have completed 2 years as (now spouse of british Citezen)

two questions: 1) am I correct in my assumtion? 2) can she apply sooner? or apply for BC directly?

Also for ILR: she already taken the Old Life in the Uk test and she has IELTS ok which would still be valid in six month time.... is anything else needed language / life in uk wise?

thank you all

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: am a British citizent - when can my wife apply for ILR &

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:11 pm

BACK_TO_GB wrote:Hi all,

I got my BC last month and have now done my passport to :)

my wife joined me in the Uk last year on a dependant Visa and she is now on a Spouse Visa... been in the Uk for about 1.5 years now... just to mention that she entered before the rules changed (from 2 to 5 years for ILR)...

my calculations say that she will be elegible for ILR in 6 month time... as she would have completed 2 years as (now spouse of british Citezen)

two questions:

1) am I correct in my assumtion?

You can say so.

2) can she apply sooner? or apply for BC directly?

28 days before her 2 yrs qualifying period. She can apply for naturalisation immediately after getting her ILR as a spouse of BC

Also for ILR: she already taken the Old Life in the Uk test and she has IELTS ok which would still be valid in six month time.... is anything else needed language / life in uk wise?

thank you all
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:59 pm

She will not be able to apply to naturalise after ILR unless she has been resident in the UK for 3 years.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Maliksahb

Re:

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:32 am

Amber wrote:She will not be able to apply to naturalise after ILR unless she has been resident in the UK for 3 years.
Hi Amber,

I am on bit similar boat. My wife got ILR as British citizen dependant. She is in UK more then 3 years.
Does this mean she can apply naturalisation right now without waiting for one more year with ILR? If yes then do i need to send join bills,
tenancy agreements etc letters again to Naturalisation department to prove 3 years residency or UK entry stamp on passport will be enough?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:12 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:35 pm

vinny wrote:Yes.
Thanks Vinny, i was looking for you at another forum.You may not know me but you really helped me in my wife ILR.Million thanks.
Just want to double check with you that you said Yes about my wife naturalization that She can apply for it without waiting for another year with ILR.

Do you think we need anything else other then these documents for Naturalisation?
1) AN form
2) Life in the UK test
3) English Language test
4) Joint letters to prove her 3 year stay.
???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 6:50 pm

Do you think we need anything else other then these documents for Naturalisation?
1) AN form - Yes
2) Life in the UK test - Yes
3) English Language test - Yes
4) Joint letters to prove her 3 year stay. - Not needed
What about photos, passports (yours and hers), BRP ILR card, marriage certificate..........She needs to submit them too.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:07 pm

CR001 wrote:
1) AN form - Yes
2) Life in the UK test - Yes
3) English Language test - Yes
4) Joint letters to prove her 3 year stay. - Not needed
What about photos, passports (yours and hers), BRP ILR card, marriage certificate..........She needs to submit them too.

Thanks for reply. My wife just got ILR 26 feb 2015 but she is in uk more then 3 years so i believe she can apply for Naturalisation. Only thing that confuse me that how can she prove her more then 3 years stay in uk. I mean by using letters or uk entry stamp in passport.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Feb 27, 2015 8:46 pm

by using letters or uk entry stamp in passport
They have her record so are able to check.

Also, please make sure that she was physically present on the exact same date 3 years ago when HO receives her application. This even includes holiday absence abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maliksahb

Post by Maliksahb » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
by using letters or uk entry stamp in passport
They have her record so are able to check.

Also, please make sure that she was physically present on the exact same date 3 years ago when HO receives her application. This even includes holiday absence abroad.

Thanks CR001.