ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:39 pm

tinapalak wrote:@ hatchsead HO Made mistake with my daughters letter .i did call them about that on 1 Nov and received biomatrics letter for both daughters today .and did biomatrics today now hopping for positive reply soon.
Good news! you are on track to success. It is well with you and the family.
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:33 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum!!!!!!! Most of the family life (parent of a child, children born and lived in uk more than 7 years and both parents are overstayers) application refused on the basis of:
the application of EX1 cited as reasons for refusal as follows

•applicant must have sole responsibility for the child to be elligible
•decisions must not be taken on the basis of mere assertions about the best interests of the child
•it is also not considered unreasonable to expect my children to leave the as a family unit with their parents.
So that means they not considering best interest of child anymore. Could anyone tell me what is the sole responsibility of the child? child have a both parents, they married in uk, only they are overstayers. What is the meaning of applicant must have sole responsibility for the child?
Good morning Shondra,

This is what I have been trying to explain to you all these while. Lawyers tell both overstayed parents to apply as a family unit hence why the enormous refusal cos these greedy lawyers do this on purpose and then lie to you that it can be won in court in order to make money. But as a sole carer of child, it means one parent of the child must apply with the child to consider the vest interest of the child. I think Hatchsead explained this as well.

So if you are going to apply either you and your child or your wife and your child cos if all 3 apply together, that is automatic refusal.
Stop scare mongering people your infomation is incorrect its not an automatic refusal if you live as a family unit.
and the lawyers are quite right to tell you to apply together because saying you have split up when you havent would be lying to immigration officals and will catch up on you at somepoint.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:53 pm

east579new wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Shondra Sharma wrote:Good morning Forum!!!!!!! Most of the family life (parent of a child, children born and lived in uk more than 7 years and both parents are overstayers) application refused on the basis of:

•decisions must not be taken on the basis of mere assertions about the best interests of the child
•it is also not considered unreasonable to expect my children to leave the as a family unit with their parents.
So that means they not considering best interest of child anymore. Could anyone tell me what is the sole responsibility of the child? child have a both parents, they married in uk, only they are overstayers. What is the meaning of applicant must have sole responsibility for the child?
Good morning Shondra,

This is what I have been trying to explain to you all these while. Lawyers tell both overstayed parents to apply as a family unit hence why the enormous refusal cos these greedy lawyers do this on purpose and then lie to you that it can be won in court in order to make money. But as a sole carer of child, it means one parent of the child must apply with the child to consider the vest interest of the child. I think Hatchsead explained this as well.

So if you are going to apply either you and your child or your wife and your child cos if all 3 apply together, that is automatic refusal.
Stop scare mongering people your infomation is incorrect its not an automatic refusal if you live as a family unit.
and the lawyers are quite right to tell you to apply together because saying you have split up when you havent would be lying to immigration officals and will catch up on you at somepoint.
@east579new I beg your pardon?! Well first and foresmost if your read the original post by @shondra it has an actual quote from Home Office website stating that to qualify for leave as a parent of a child in UK you have to have sole responsibility for that child. Which is one of the main reasons we have seen multitude of refusals on here. So everything that @dapsonlee said is actually correct.
Secondly you know there s no need to be quite so condescending to others like .... Have a great weekend!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:15 pm

verbina wrote:
east579new wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Good morning Shondra,

@east579new I beg your pardon?! Well first and foresmost if your read the original post by @shondra it has an actual quote from Home Office website stating that to qualify for leave as a parent of a child in UK you have to have sole responsibility for that child. Which is one of the main reasons we have seen multitude of refusals on here. So everything that @dapsonlee said is actually correct.
Secondly you know there s no need to be quite so condescending to others like .... Have a great weekend!!
Thank you for that Verbz. I guess some people build time to seek out trouble! Even if Some facts could be misleading, he could clearly read that Hatchsead and Rockefeller clear pointed out and expanded on it. Shame that Fault finding is some people's forte.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:18 pm

verbina wrote:
east579new wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Good morning Shondra,

Verbina i completely disagree with you on this occasion. The reason people have been refused is not because of the phrase "sole responsibility" rather "insurmountable obstacle"
Has it crossed your mind that "sole responsibility" could mean that you the parent or parents are the ONLY ones taking care of the child solely without help from any external body like the state fund or any other individual. Food for thought.
I have seen couple being granted on the 7 year rule without being separated. As i mentioned severally, the 7 year rule is not automatic and either you apply as a single parent or not does not guarantee visa. You need to have a convincing case like "insurmountable obstacle"
A man's heart may be pierced, his body broken, his spirit smitten, but HIS WILL, NO ONE CAN TAKE!

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:24 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
east579new wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Good morning Shondra,

Verbina i completely disagree with you on this occasion. The reason people have been refused is not because of the phrase "sole responsibility" rather "insurmountable obstacle"
Has it crossed your mind that "sole responsibility" could mean that you the parent or parents are the ONLY ones taking care of the child solely without help from any external body like the state fund or any other individual. Food for thought.
I have seen couple being granted on the 7 year rule without being separated. As i mentioned severally, the 7 year rule is not automatic and either you apply as a single parent or not does not guarantee visa. You have to have a convincing case like "insurmountable obstacle"
Thankyou Hatchsead my point exactly.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
east579new wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
Good morning Shondra,

I have seen couple being granted on the 7 year rule without being separated. As i mentioned severally, the 7 year rule is not automatic and either you apply as a single parent or not does not guarantee visa. You have to have a convincing case like "insurmountable obstacle"
Yeah I know but we are talking about 'parent of a child in UK' , so from what I understand only those people who are separated from the other parent get granted this way. I may be wrong, ill try and find the link now :)

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Oh and verbina calm down dear you will make yourself ill getting over excited like that.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:30 pm

You can apply under this route if:

you have sole responsibility for the child or the child normally lives with you and not their other parent; or

if the parent or carer that the child normally lives with is a British citizen or settled in the UK, but is not your partner, and you do not qualify for entry clearance as a partner.

You must provide evidence that you either have sole responsibility for or access rights to the child or that you are taking, and intend to continue to take, an active role in the child's upbringing.
The documents you need to provide are listed on the application form.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... d/parents/

Its confusing .......

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:31 pm

east579new wrote:Oh and verbina calm down dear you will make yourself ill getting over excited like that.
Yeah I know, sorry 8) peace!

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:32 pm

verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
east579new wrote: Stop scare mongering people your infomation is incorrect its not an automatic refusal if you live as a family unit.
Yeah I know but we are talking about 'parent of a child in UK' , so from what I understand only those people who are separated from the other parent get granted this way. I may be wrong, ill try and find the link now :)
Verbina, chill out babe :) We must not forget that this category of visa is classified as "Outside Immigration Rule" hence no fixed ground on deciding it, just a guide and each case will be looked at and judged on the merit of its case.
It is well!

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:35 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
Verbina, chill out babe :) We must not forget that this category of visa is classified as "Outside Immigration Rule" hence no fixed ground on deciding it, just a guide and each case will be looked at and judged on the merit of its case.
It is well!
Hmmmmmm alright..... 8)

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:36 pm

verbina wrote:You can apply under this route if:

you have sole responsibility for the child or the child normally lives with you and not their other parent; or

if the parent or carer that the child normally lives with is a British citizen or settled in the UK, but is not your partner, and you do not qualify for entry clearance as a partner.

You must provide evidence that you either have sole responsibility for or access rights to the child or that you are taking, and intend to continue to take, an active role in the child's upbringing.

Its confusing .......
I can see that you have just buttress my point.

I have deliberately underline their "other parent" which could be an external body like a carer or foster parent or relative etc......

Each case will be judged on its own merit from what i have seen generally even outside this forum.

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:43 pm

hatchsead wrote:

Its confusing .......

I have deliberately underline their "other parent" which could be an external body like a carer or foster parent or relative etc......

Each case will be judged on its own merit from what i have seen generally even outside this forum.
yeah you re right! all we got to do is hope and pray...

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:47 pm

verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Its confusing .......

Its Friday night after all and there are lots of things we can all do rather than worry over the torture from HO. Verbina its an executive order, stay away from this forum tonight though i know its addictive :lol: :lol:

verbina
United Kingdom

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 pm

hatchsead wrote:
verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Its confusing .......

Its Friday night after all and there are lots of things we can all do rather than worry over the torture from HO. Verbina its an executive order, stay away from this forum tonight though i know its addictive :lol: :lol:
hehehe okayyy.... ill try.... :P :P :P

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:55 pm

verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Its confusing .......

Since I joined this forum all the single parents who have sole responsibility have been granted and all, both the parents who applied solely on 7 year rule have been refused and most of the time the reply from the home office has been "both parents have no right of abode". The definition of "sole responsibility" is "to be the only one responsible" for the child. This is what the laywers are using to fatten up their bank account knowing you will be refused if both parents applied advising you appeal is next which means more money.

Home office is not setting a trap, we are just walking blindly being led by the hungry lawyers who fail to point this out. Hence the mass refusal between the month of June all the way to September.

hatchsead

Post by hatchsead » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:01 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:
hatchsead wrote:

Its confusing .......

Since I joined this forum all the single parents who have sole responsibility have been granted and all, both the parents who applied solely on 7 year rule have been refused and most of the time the reply from the home office has been "both parents have no right of abode". The definition of "sole responsibility" is "to be the only one responsible" for the child. This is what the laywers are using to fatten up their bank account knowing you will be refused if both parents applied advising you appeal is next which means more money.

Home office is not setting a trap, we are just walking blindly being led by the hungry lawyers who fail to point this out. Hence the mass refusal between the month of June all the way to September.
Time will tell my friend, all in good time.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:25 pm

verbina wrote:
Believe2013 wrote:
verbina wrote:OMFG!! Please HELP!!
I just got a letter from Home Office!! They said they asked my social worker for my contact orders, my daughter's birth certificate and my daughter's passport.
Then they said that before a decision is reached this is the chance to provide any additional information/evidence which demonstrates that I enjoy a family life (including cohabitation with my boyfriend) and my daughter....
I got 10 working days to provide all the info, but planning to do it asap.

Im totally dumbstruck!! :oops: :oops: :oops: What sort of additional evidence can I send? I mean I ve not got any joint bills or correspondence to our address with my boyfriend... Urrm also evidence of family life with my daughter.... Do they want photos?
OMG Im actually gonna faint!!!
Why oh why do these things happen on Friday PM!!!!!!!
Hi Verbs, this is fantastic news. I suppose statements from your boyfriend and mutual friends, photos with your daughter should suffice. All the best you truly deserve this!
Thanks luv!! Any news with you? Have you got a date of your hearing yet?
Hi Verbs not as yet. I never anticipated it would take this long but my wait so far is a sobering fraction of what most of you guys have experienced so far so will continue to patiently wait. My fingers are crossed for you we cant wait to celebrate and congratulate you - You have been a pillar of strength and encouragement to us all x
Last edited by Believe2013 on Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:27 pm

hatchsead wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
east579new wrote:
Fayvritt wrote:Good new!!, I've been granted 2.5 years leave to remain, after 13 months of waiting. I just received my BRP card. Application was based on having a joint responsibility with my British partner for our daughter
Please can someone explain how that works?

I thought they was refusing people who are a family unit and only granting for people with sole responsibility?.
Hi east579new.i think they are refusing for 7yr rule that applied as a family unit(husband,wife n children)not people with British partners n child.
They refuse not just family unit but anyone who can not convince them well enough, you need to show that you have "insurmountable obstacles" for they to grant the visa which to me is a silly excuse.
In short, its a lottery process depending on the caseworker handling your case and how convincing your argument and documentations are, its not just automatic having a British partner.
hatchsead can you remember this one? granted on haveing joint reponsability.

Believe2013
Member of Standing

Post by Believe2013 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:46 pm

east579new wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
east579new wrote:

I thought they was refusing people who are a family unit and only granting for people with sole responsibility?.
Hi east579new.i think they are refusing for 7yr rule that applied as a family unit(husband,wife n children)not people with British partners n child.
They refuse not just family unit but anyone who can not convince them well enough, you need to show that you have "insurmountable obstacles" for they to grant the visa which to me is a silly excuse.
In short, its a lottery process depending on the caseworker handling your case and how convincing your argument and documentations are, its not just automatic having a British partner.
Hello there I don't think Dapsonlee was scaremongering. It's a mere observation of a trend or pattern of refusals under the 7 year rule and not some coincidence. We should refrain from over tones otherwise we may antagonise each other and end up becoming counter productive! we all positively bring a lot to this forum. it's ok to have different opinions. I have no quarrel with none of you.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:47 pm

east579new wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
east579new wrote:

Lol, sigh!!! I give up. did you read the part granted with my "British partner" not both "overstayers" anyways have a great weekend. Lol

elastep

Post by elastep » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:32 pm

I just got a letter from Home Office!! They said they asked my social worker for my contact orders, my daughter's birth certificate and my daughter's passport.
Then they said that before a decision is reached this is the chance to provide any additional information/evidence which demonstrates that I enjoy a family life (including cohabitation with my boyfriend) and my daughter....

Im totally dumbstruck!! :oops: :oops: :oops: What sort of additional evidence can I send? I mean I ve not got any joint bills or correspondence to our address with my boyfriend... Urrm also evidence of family life with my daughter.... Do they want photos?
@verbina
Very happy for you!! :) I remember saying that your visa will be granted before the festive season comes and this is the journey that takes you to the end of the road.
Do not worry that today is Friday. Take this weekend to sitdown and write down the list of things that you can provide e.g all NHS letters, Photo of you and your child and also of you and your partner, letters to you with your boyfriend address on it or his letter sharing same address with you and if you can, kindly ask you child foster parent if they can please provide you with copies of any letter with your child's name that she has ever recieved from school, dentist, doctors or other organizasion.
When you have what you can provide, write a cover letter explaning why you can't provide any other documents and add some of those crayon drawing that was given to you by your child and is still stuck on your Spam refrigirator. You never know, your caseworker might be a mummy too and she will apreciate the crayon drawing of a future Picaso or Van Gogh:lol:
Wishing you all the best.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

naba

Post by naba » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:31 pm

Dear verbina, wow such a positive news! Don't worry abut the time, to be honest I prefer to get such a letter on Friday/Saturday as this gives me a time to think and plan which helps to take action from the Monday. You should be fine hun. All the best!

east579new

Post by east579new » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:36 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
east579new wrote:
hatchsead wrote:
Call me dude wrote:
Lol, sigh!!! I give up. did you read the part granted with my "British partner" not both "overstayers" anyways have a great weekend. Lol
Haveing a british partner has nothing to do with it there just as likely to refuse.