ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Unmarried partner's Step daughter

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Unmarried partner's Step daughter

Post by WANRAWIN » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:38 am

Hi
I really need some advice would appreciate all the help
My situation is
I am on RC ( will expire in 2014 ) my boyfriend is polish.me and my boyfriend are not married but in relationship for 6 years now.
Someone told me that if my boyfriend sign and accept my daughter as his step daughter which he is happily to do so ,will make thing easier to bring her here.
Is there such thing like this? If so can my daughter apply for polish passport or she can only need to apply for EEA family permit?
Kind regard
Wanrawin

askmeplz82
Diamond Member

Re: Unmarried partner's Step daughter

Post by askmeplz82 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:49 am

WANRAWIN wrote:Hi
I really need some advice would appreciate all the help
My situation is
I am on RC ( will expire in 2014 ) my boyfriend is polish.me and my boyfriend are not married but in relationship for 6 years now.
Someone told me that if my boyfriend sign and accept my daughter as his step daughter which he is happily to do so ,will make thing easier to bring her here.
Is there such thing like this? If so can my daughter apply for polish passport or she can only need to apply for EEA family permit?
Kind regard
Wanrawin

EU countries which do not recognise registered partnerships: so you can't apply for polish passport. And under polish citizen law you need to live there for 3 years as married couple

Bulgaria
Cyprus
Estonia
Greece
Italy
Latvia
Lithuania
Malta
Poland
Romania
Slovakia

Yes if she is depend on you guys then she can join you also you need to show that she is your daughter with their birth certificates, and for the child under 18 the issue of the notarisation of no objection from the other parent who shares legal custody needs to be checked.
UK Student Visa : 04/2004 - 09/2009
EEA Residence Card : 07/2010 - 7/2015
EU Settled Status: Confirmed on 16th July 2019
Naturalisation : Confirmed on 02nd Oct 2020
Passport Approval : 21st Feb 2021

WANRAWIN
Newly Registered

Re: Unmarried partner's Step daughter

Post by WANRAWIN » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Good afternoon all,
I have one question about the EEA4
I am going to apply for EEA4 in few months time,can i include my daughter name in it or i need to apply for 6 months family permit for her to come over and re-apply after 6 months.
Best regard
Wanrawin