ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR from Tier1G: Employment

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

london_prem

ILR from Tier1G: Employment

Post by london_prem » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:50 pm

I will apply for ILR after completing 5 years on Tier1 General. If I meet the all point requirements, do I still need to be employed at the time of making application for ILR? Is that ok if I meet previous earnings requirements from 1st 6 months out of last 15 months from ILR application date, and then I am unemployed after that? Thanks

suds19

Post by suds19 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:58 am

Yes, should be okay.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... lus_months

Dear Sir,

If you did not delay your entry to the UK by more than 3 months after the start date on your visa, it will be the visa start date that is considered as the start of the 5 year continuous period for ILR, but for counting breaks in employment, caseworkers can only consider the period after you entered the UK and began working.

You have not specified which category of Tier 1 leave you hold, but if you are applying under the terms of the Tier 1 (General) category, you will be required to provide evidence that you can score the required number of points as specified in Appendix A of the rules. Provided you can meet the financial requirement at the time of application, and can evidence this with payslips.

(Paragraph 21 Appendix A refers)

The period of assessment of earnings for all applicants must:
(i) consist of no more than 12 months which must run consecutively, and

(ii) fall within the 15 months immediately preceding the application http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policy...

If you can meet the financial requirement within the specified timescale, breaks in employment will not affect the application.

However, if you are applying under the terms set out in Appendix S (Highly Skilled Migrants), you must be economically active in the UK, in employment or self-employment or both at the time of application.

I trust this answers you questions.

Kind regards

Ann

Ann Woodall | Operational Policy and Rules Unit( Settlement Operational Policy) | Strategy and Intelligence Directorate |5th Floor, Capital Building, |Old Hall St,Liverpool L3 9PP

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks. Do you have a link for this information on UKBA website?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:57 am

london_prem wrote:Tier1 General to ILR.

My qualifying period of 15 months for previous earning start from 10th Oct 2013, but I get my full month's October salary (31 days in Oct) on 20th Oct 2013, can I include full month's salary to show previous earnings?

Thanks
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Yes. Any and all salary payments that appear on your bank statements within the 364 day period that began on Oct 10 can be included.
Last edited by Lucapooka on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:03 pm

Thanks Lucopooka.
Last edited by london_prem on Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 pm

I am using a tablet rather than a keyboarg, as you can see! It was meant to read BEGAN

london_prem

Post by london_prem » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Another question.

At the time of applying ILR from T1G, does it matter what kind of job one has done? If the salary comes from a job which is not that highly skilled, can it cause any problems?

Thanks

suds19

Post by suds19 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:29 pm

No, it shouldn't matter. That is a grey area.
Check the remarks section on your BRP for restrictions, except those anything is acceptable if it meets the UKBA financial requirement.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:59 pm

london_prem wrote:Another question.

At the time of applying ILR from T1G, does it matter what kind of job one has done? If the salary comes from a job which is not that highly skilled, can it cause any problems?

Thanks
No, and that was why the category was closed: there was no requirement to have any skills!

kapilc
Newly Registered

Post by kapilc » Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:30 pm

hi london_prem,

pls can you let me know when are you due to apply for your ILR. I am in a similar situation and would really benefit from your experience.

thanks