ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I hold two visas?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Halcyon
Newly Registered

Can I hold two visas?

Post by Halcyon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:04 pm

Hi,

I currently hold a Dependent - Tier-2 (General) valid until middle of 2016, based on my wife's visa. I am in india currently. My company is asking me to apply for an Tier-2 ICT valid for 18 months to travel to UK for a project. My question,

1) Can I apply/hold for the ICT Visa when I already have an Tier-2 dependent category visa ?
2) If not, if I go ahead and apply for a ICT, what would happen? Will they reject my ICT or give me ICT and cancel my existing dependent visa ?

Thanks,
Roopesh

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:41 pm

if your T2 ICT entry clearance application from your home country is successful your dependant visa will be cancelled.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:08 pm

Dependent - Tier-2 (General) holders may work in any company, except as a doctor/dentist in training (319D(b)(iii)). It seems like they want to chain you to their company. As your leave is also valid until the middle of 2016, it is totally unnecessary and therefore illogical to apply for a shorter 18-month ICT Tier 2 visa, unless you will be working as a doctor/dentist in training.

Moreover, new ICT Tier 2 holders cannot qualify for ILR in this category. Who will pay for you to switch back to dependant status in 18 months' time? Your qualifying period for ILR in the dependant category will also be reset.

Hence, changing status may give you a lot of subsequent problems for ILR. So, it's in your best interests not to change (except for doctors/dentists in training).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.