ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

employer has to check dependents' visas?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malathil
Newly Registered

employer has to check dependents' visas?

Post by malathil » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:46 pm

My husband's employer told him that we all had to apply visas through an agency and they have to check visas of all of us before he could start to work. The agency charged a big amount of fee for their service and his employer only paid the fee for him only.

I want to know what my husband's employer said is right or not?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:29 pm

It is not a question of right or wrong - if your husband was told that your visas had to be processed through an agency, and how much this would cost, it was simply a term of his employment

malathil
Newly Registered

Post by malathil » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:00 am

manci wrote:It is not a question of right or wrong - if your husband was told that your visas had to be processed through an agency, and how much this would cost, it was simply a term of his employment
Thank you for your reply,guru. Nothing is written in his contract about the visa. We wanted to apply for visas ourselves,but the employer said we had to apply through an agency named by them. We were also told that they had to check the immigration status of me and my children before my hubby can start. I have not problem with this, just feel strange that the employer has to check dependent's visas. I never had this experience before.

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:52 am

It was questionable practice if the sponsor obliged you and the children to use a visa agent yet didn't offer to reimburse the agent's fee (unless they told you in advance that this would be the case)

If the sponsor certified maintenance for you and the children they had an involvement with your visa and it was not unreasonable for them to keep an eye on your status.