ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Ancestry 360 days absent in 5 years

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nash90
Newly Registered

ILR Ancestry 360 days absent in 5 years

Post by nash90 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:31 pm

Hi everyone

I am sure this has been brought up before but would love any help you can give.

I am due to do my life in uk test next week, and ILR in April

I have spent about roughly 360 days out the country, none of which have been more than 180 in 12 cosecutive months.

in 2011 I spent 3 months in america working on a summer camp with disabled children.

When I have been in the uk I have been employed at all times and havent found it difficult to find work.

I was curious to find out what people think.

Am i eligible for ILR, does america and my days away affect the 'continuously living in uk' statement.

Also if I qualify do document have to be origanal. does certified copies count???

Also I have a British boyfriend of 2 yrs we live together and have joint account. does this benefit me showing that I do live here with him

Any help is gratefull

:?: :?: :?:

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:33 pm

There should not be an issue so far as the requirements of 192 are met. See also, Indefinite leave to remain – calculating continuous period in UK.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

nash90
Newly Registered

Post by nash90 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:47 pm

thank you for the quick response.

Do I need to have letters from my employer, about my absenses and time away stating that it was all holiday and i was still employed. looked at 192 and think those are ok. it also says i am only allowed 60 days between employers, think there may have been more than that including holiday between is this a problem.

what extra docs should ii provide to give me a safe secure case