ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Work Permit Holder - Job Redundancy

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

crish

Tier 2 Work Permit Holder - Job Redundancy

Post by crish » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:57 pm

Hi,
I am under Tier 2 (General), my employer made my job redundant. If they make my job redundant. How long i can live in this country? My wife is under tier 2 dependent and she is getting interview call. I wanted to let you know what are option are available to extend my stay.

Thanks and Regards,
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:35 pm

First of all, if you are under T2G you are not a "work permit holder" in immigration terminology.

Your employment will only finish at the end of the notice period which should be stated in your employment contract. Within 10 working days of the actual termination your sponsor has to inform the HO who will then curtail your visa to 60 days from the time they make the curtailment decision, i.e. not from the date of the terminatrion.

You can either try and find a new sponsor or if your wife obtaines a T2G visa, for which she would have to apply from her home country, you could switch to become her dependant.

crish

Post by crish » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:48 pm

Hi Manci,
Thank you so much for quick reply. My Visa is valid until Dec 2015. My employer actually said just informed me regarding redundancy. They will decide after couple of meeting. Is there any notice period to make me redundant?

So once I stopped working for them. After that I have 60 days to stay in this company?

Thanks and Regards,
Crish

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:07 pm

crish wrote:Hi Manci,
Thank you so much for quick reply. My Visa is valid until Dec 2015. My employer actually said just informed me regarding redundancy. They will decide after couple of meeting. Is there any notice period to make me redundant?
There is a statutory notice period and a contractual notice period. For the former see https://www.gov.uk/redundant-your-rights/notice-periods , for the latter refer to your employment contract.

So once I stopped working for them. After that I have 60 days to stay in this company country? No, refer to my post above.
Thanks and Regards,
Crish