ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Language Requirement: UKPost Graduate Diploma

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

schyzad
Newly Registered

Naturalisation Language Requirement: UKPost Graduate Diploma

Post by schyzad » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi All,

I'm looking to apply for my Naturalisation in coming days (base on 5yrs residence + 1.6 yrs ILR) and this new language requirement has made my head spinning (i think everyone is on the boat here).

I've got below credentials:
- Bachelors degree from Pakistan with letter from University that it was taught in English. Degree was accepted as part of my previous Tier1 and ILR requirements.
- Post Graduate Diploma from University of Edinburgh.
- TOEFL result which was taken in 2004.

Will my Post Graduate diploma be enough to satisfy the English language requirement or do I need to sit for the B1 level test?

Is there an email address for Uk Border Agency where we can email and get clarification?

Many thanks in advance to any Guru.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:58 pm

If you used that TOEFL with your entry clearance application then you should be able to use that again.

Also, you check check points based calculator to see if it gives you 10 points for english using your PGD, if it does then you should be fine.
Goodluck.

schyzad
Newly Registered

Post by schyzad » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:28 pm

[iD] wrote: Also, you check check points based calculator to see if it gives you 10 points for english using your PGD, if it does then you should be fine.

Thanks [iD], I checked the points calculator and it DOES allow me select my PGD for my English Language requirement. Is there any other checks I would need to do (for english language)? I looked at UK NARIC and they are going to take 15 days to reply for compare check.

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:54 am

That should be enough, your PGD should suffice.
Goodluck.