ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching employer and notice period legalities

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ay
Newly Registered

Switching employer and notice period legalities

Post by ay » Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:25 am

Hi All,

It will be helpful to me to know about your experience if any or your expert opinions in the current situation I am in.

My current VISA expires on 20 Dec 2013 and I am on notice period which ends on 18th Dec 2013. I have a sponser who is ready to sponser me; I have following query.
(1) Can I apply for VISA extention from the new employer in the month of November using same day service from UKBA and continue serving the notice period with the old employer until 18th Dec 2013 ? Is there any legality issue in this ?

Please share me your experience or your expert opinions.
Thanks
AY

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by iworker » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:02 am

Basically its a hen and eggs issue.
Even if your job was not to finish in Dec, one shouldnt resign till the time they get the new visa as it can be rejected on any grounds, and once you have the visa, legally u cant work with ur old employer to serve the notice.

but in ur case, i will suggest that u apply for same day visa in november (this will give you a room of a month to re-apple in case something goes wrong), and then have a word with ur current employer that legally u cant work for him anymore and have to reach a amicable solution. offcourse the current employer doesnt want to have u working illegaly.

hope this helps.

ay
Newly Registered

Thanks "iworker" for your quick reply

Post by ay » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:05 pm

I consulted few people around and they were of the opinion that I can apply for VISA processing for a new employer while I am serving the notice period with the old employer. I am bit confused with this? Does any one have any practical experience with this repect please?
Your experience will of great help to me to prepare for my VISA processing !

Thanks
AY