ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to get a divorce from Poland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adublin
Ireland

How to get a divorce from Poland

Post by adublin » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:36 pm

hello there,
I'm a non-eu national and my wife is a Polish national. we got married in Ireland 3 years ago and we both are living in Ireland since then.

Now we both want a divorce with mutual consent. we have no kids, property, bank balance etc. so all we need is a quick simple no fault divorce in Poland.

Now is it possible to get a divorce done in Poland through attorney as none of us can travel to Poland, i mean we want to do this without traveling to Poland at all

also any good solicitors in ireland/poland for this matter

please share some experience here, thanks
India

dalebutt

Post by dalebutt » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:13 pm

This is an immigration forum, most members are not clued up about divorce laws as such, so you might like to consider your options.

Whilst a decree absolute from an EU country will most likely be definitely accepted as valid by the Irish authorities, except that it will be possible in Poland which I seriously doubt, one of you must be resident in Poland at the time of initiating the divorce, a polish citizen would be deemed as a resident of the country even if they do not permanently live there I would suppose, but it is 90% one of you must be present and legally deemed as resident in Poland.

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm

In fact both of you must be Resident in Poland to get divorce ( I am polish and I went through divorce procedure).
I applied myself while I was in Poland and it was refused on a basis that my husband was never resident in Poland and actual falling out between us did not take place in Poland.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:08 pm

@ meleryan

You are a polish national that's why you had problem getting divorced in Poland, there might be a clause where a polish national must be domiciled in the state at the time of getting divorced.

I was married in Ireland and got divorced in another EU member state. There was only one clause that " One of us should be residing in the EU member state (where we got divorced), my wife was living in her home country and that's all we need.

The whole divorce process was completed within three months

meleryan

Post by meleryan » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 pm

I got divorced in other EU State as well but in Poland was impossible.
I tried to find out their decision to quote it here but no clue were I put it :)))

Maceire
Newly Registered

Re: How to get a divorce from Poland

Post by Maceire » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Help.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:05 pm

Are you creating multiple accounts?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

CalvinKlien
Mood:
Ireland

Post by CalvinKlien » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:30 pm

@Amber there is alot of people who use multiple accounts on this forum... Not sure who is the web admin, but it could be easily caught by adding a cache filter to the portal.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:06 am

We'll please do PM me who you think are doing this and I can check their IPs and ban them.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.