ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visit Visa

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

swpn009
Newly Registered

General Visit Visa

Post by swpn009 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:30 pm

Hi Friends,

I am applying visit visa for my parents and I just noticed I made couple of typos in the application form which is submitted online.

On the property details I mentioned 4800000 instead of 4500000. They are attending in person on 19th of this month, Is there a possibility that this can be corrected? will it be an issue?

Also is it okay if they submit the copies of my bank statement, salary slips, employment letter and utility bill, rather that originals?

Thanks very much for your help in advance.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:35 pm

They can write in ink any changes on the printout version of their online application. Why are you sending utility bills?

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:41 pm

Thanks for your prompt response, I was advised by my friends to send utility bill to be on the safe side.

Please can you suggest if it is okay to send copies of salary slips and bank statements rather than originals?

To save the time I am trying to send the scan copies rather them sending them by post.

Thanks,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:45 pm

swpn009 wrote:I was advised by my friends to send utility bill to be on the safe side,
Oh good, he's an immigration lawyer is he? My cab driver thinks I need a liver transplant but as he is not a doctor, I take no notice of his completely bogus opinions.

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

Okay Boss, pointed noted.

Do you know if it is okay to send copies rather than originals?

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:32 pm

The good old 'man down the pub' offering advice.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

mensch
Newly Registered

Post by mensch » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:32 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
swpn009 wrote:I was advised by my friends to send utility bill to be on the safe side,
Oh good, he's an immigration lawyer is he? My cab driver thinks I need a liver transplant but as he is not a doctor, I take no notice of his completely bogus opinions.
What are you …an highly intelligent (??) immigration consultant….who thinks that with his superior knowledge he can keep blabbing whatever he wants….I know tens of people who got visit visas by submitting utility bills; it may be an overhead but what wrong in submitting...

Just like you…do you think the people care about your stupid attitude…if you don’t want to suggest keep quiet….if you want to say…say it in a polite way…I seriously think you don’t need liver transplant but definitely need other transplant…think about it …and lastly…keep your ego aside and get a life…

Swpn009, you can submit copies of your bank statements. There is no requirement to submit original for visit visas

swpn009
Newly Registered

Post by swpn009 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:42 pm

D4109125 wrote:The good old 'man down the pub' offering advice.
Send me the postcode :roll: I think my mistake, I shouldn't have asked. Someone lock this post

Thanks mensch, much appreciated.

mensch
Newly Registered

Post by mensch » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:46 pm

swpn009 wrote:
D4109125 wrote:The good old 'man down the pub' offering advice.
Send me the postcode :roll: I think my mistake, I shouldn't have asked. Someone lock this post

Thanks mensch, much appreciated.
No problem...best of luck with your application.

**Edited by moderator - please respectother members.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:58 pm

I don't think Lucapooka meant any disrespect. People often, in many areas not just immigration get some information from 'down the pub' and take it as fact, it's usually better to talk to someone who has experience in the matter or is a professional. I'm locking this thread.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.