ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Refused plus appeal- advice pls

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Cakebiscuit

ILR Refused plus appeal- advice pls

Post by Cakebiscuit » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 pm

Dear all, I need your advice. My ILR was refused today. In june I applied for ILR at liverpool peo and was given further enquiry letter. In july HO replied that there was a discrepancy between amount claimed as profit on previous tier 1 applic and the profit declared to Hmrc as profit. The reason for this was because accountant made a mistake on the tax return which was then ammended and the tax due was paid. I sent the ammended tax return, receipt of tax paid and accountnat letter explaining the reason for the error to HO in aug. Today home office replied that my ILR applic has been refused bcos the reason acctant gave was not credible and they don't believe its genuine and that for my previous tier 1 general applic I didn't meet the 75points because of this reason. I hv been told I can appeal. What can I do because am totally confused. I hv a mrtgage here since 2009n hv 2 children born in uk one age 5 and other 3. Also am in my final years studyx at univ for a masters degree.. Pls advice hw I can go about this appeal or whatelse I can do. Thank u.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Re: ILR Refused plus appeal- advice pls

Post by ryan2020 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 pm

you are in very difficult situation.

You have chance of appeal so go ahead with your appeal.

Consult any good solicitor , i recommend barrister.

You are on Tier 1 and why are studying.

Anyway you have to go to court to prove every thing.

You have to prepare a nice case with evidences.

I like to tell you, solicitors are useless they will not work hard for you , you have to prepare your case. try finding similar judgement etc and start working on your case.

Cakebiscuit

Post by Cakebiscuit » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Hi Ryan, am studying for a masters degree at the univ and am in my 2nd year. This course has been sponsored through my employer and has been fully paid for by employer and I hv to work for the company for 2years at least afta my masters degree.

benneviss

Post by benneviss » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Sorry to hear about your case . I am now coming across more cases where ILR or even extensions are rejected as they showed different amounts for visa and HMRC for tax purpose .

However , in your case you must instruct best Barrister in the Immigration Law , do not worry about money ; you have already spent thousands on visas by now so this is for the last time. Remember your career is at stack .

This is my personal view that they can not deny visa if you rectify your mistake afterwards and pay your taxes . This is not a criminal offence and if not HO can not stop you to have ILR .

Having said that if anybody had not paid taxes please pay now before you approach for ILR.

Please keep us posted after you see your barrister.

ryan2020
- thin ice -
Pakistan

Post by ryan2020 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:46 am

Cakebiscuit wrote:Hi Ryan, am studying for a masters degree at the univ and am in my 2nd year. This course has been sponsored through my employer and has been fully paid for by employer and I hv to work for the company for 2years at least afta my masters degree.

benneviss is right. Pay your taxes and consult a good barrisitor.
Please let me know if you found one other wise i will recommend you.

Mac_Pro
Newly Registered

Post by Mac_Pro » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:59 pm

Hi Ryan ,
Can you please suggest me a good immigration solicitor (from london)

Thanks
Chandini

kandee24
Newly Registered

Post by kandee24 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:28 am

Hi Cakebiscuit,

Could I know what happened to your appeal?
My accountant also made a mistake when calculating the expenses. I have showed to Home office £27800 from self employment but to HMRC he declaredc £24200 therefor £2600 less by mis calculation. I am talking to accountant to amend this but after I saw your post I am worried what to do?

May I know how much earnings you have missed to declare in the first attempt and later you ammended?

I am eargally wating for your response. IThank you.

sri2015
Newly Registered

Post by sri2015 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:51 am

Hi Experts,

Please advice me I have a smilar kind of question. My accountant also made a mistake when calculating the expenses. I have showed to Home office £28800 from self employment but to HMRC he declaredc £26200 therefor £2600 less by mis calculation. I am also talking to accountant to amend this.
May I know how much earnings you have missed to declare in the first attempt and later you ammended?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:41 pm

Awful lot of accountants making 'mistakes'....... :wink:

Remember, you signed off the accounts, you are responsible for any errors.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....