ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP: Homeoffice BRP Nightmare. -

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BEAUTIFULBLISS
Newly Registered

HELP: Homeoffice BRP Nightmare. -

Post by BEAUTIFULBLISS » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:52 pm

Let me cut to the chase...

I Received FLR for 2 & a half years but however my name was spelt incorrectly on my BRP card. It was a minor error with just ONE irrocerect letter.

My solicitor sent it off to be corrected in EARLY July. It is now NOVEMBER and I still haven't received my card with my correction, every time I call UKBA I get the run around or get told I should be patient except Ive lost countless job opportunities due to an error on their path.

Im furious and frustrated atm and would appreciate any advice, ive also contacted my loal MP , but she has yet to reply. Any help would be greatful :roll: :evil: :x :x

Android-Guy
Newly Registered

Re: HELP: Homeoffice BRP Nightmare. -

Post by Android-Guy » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:44 pm

BEAUTIFULBLISS wrote:Let me cut to the chase...

I Received FLR for 2 & a half years but however my name was spelt incorrectly on my BRP card. It was a minor error with just ONE irrocerect letter.

My solicitor sent it off to be corrected in EARLY July. It is now NOVEMBER and I still haven't received my card with my correction, every time I call UKBA I get the run around or get told I should be patient except Ive lost countless job opportunities due to an error on their path.

Im furious and frustrated atm and would appreciate any advice, ive also contacted my loal MP , but she has yet to reply. Any help would be greatful :roll: :evil: :x :x
Have you tried emailing them?? that's the only way to chase your BRP.

What should you do if your biometric residence permit is not delivered?
If you have not received your permit 10 working days after the date on your letter from us extending your permission to stay in the UK, you should email BRPDelivery@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk. In your email you should state:

your full name;
your date of birth;
your nationality;
your passport number;
your case reference number;
the delivery address for the permit; and
a contact telephone number.
If you do not provide all this information, there may be a delay in answering your query.

You can also send this information by post to:

Freepost RRYX-GLYU-GXHZ,
Returns Unit,
PO Box 163,
Bristol
BS20 1AB

You cannot ask about undelivered permits in person at our public enquiry offices or biometric enrolment centres.

Courier deliveries

Your biometric residence permit will be securely delivered by courier to the address you have provided to us. When it is delivered, you must sign for it and show identification such as your passport or driving licence. If you are not present when the permit is delivered, the courier will leave a calling card containing contact details so you can rearrange delivery. You must contact the courier as soon as possible.

If you do not rearrange delivery, the courier will send you a reminder letter. If you still do not rearrange delivery of your permit, the courier will attempt a second delivery. If you are still not present and the courier cannot deliver your permit to you, the courier will notify us of the failed delivery.

We will then send a reminder letter to you advising you to contact the courier as soon as possible to rearrange delivery. We will hold your permit until you make contact to request delivery, or until it reaches its expiry date. If you do not contact us and your permit reaches its expiry date, it will be cancelled and destroyed. You will then have no permission to stay in the UK, and we will send another letter informing you that, if you intend to remain in the UK, you must make a new application for permission to stay and provide your biometric information.

Source: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... -need-brp/