ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK NARIC Statement of Comparability for UET Lahore

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

UK NARIC Statement of Comparability for UET Lahore

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:28 pm

Hi there

Has anyone recently applied for Statement of Comparability for Bachelor degree obtained from University of Engineering and Technology, Lahore? And what was the outcome/result.

Many thanks

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:13 pm

Is the degree awarded points on the PBS calculator for qualification and English Skills?
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply.

No, the degree is not being awarded 10 points on PBS calculator.

However, I have a letter from UK NARIC two years ago confirming the degree is equivalent to UK degree (which was also used as a reference when obtaining spouse visa for my wife).

Am kind of confused that PBS is not showing it? But I guess it doesnt matter.

I can use the same letter when applying for my wife ILR.

Regards

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:13 pm

lynxukauq wrote:Hi Amber

Thanks for your reply.

No, the degree is not being awarded 10 points on PBS calculator.

However, I have a letter from UK NARIC two years ago confirming the degree is equivalent to UK degree (which was also used as a reference when obtaining spouse visa for my wife).

Am kind of confused that PBS is not showing it? But I guess it doesnt matter.

I can use the same letter when applying for my wife ILR.

Regards
UET Lahore bachelor degree awards you 10 points in point based calculator if your initial application is not between april 2009 and 2010 (see this) as in that period Tier 1 was not granted for bachelor degree. UK NARIC certificate never expires. I have claimed 10 points in March 2013 for UET Lahore bachelor degree for my 2nd extension & I have don't have NARIC certificate

lynxukauq
Member of Standing

Post by lynxukauq » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:51 pm

Ahh this makes sense.

Thanks Tahir for the above confirmation.

engrwaq
Newly Registered

Re: UK NARIC Statement of Comparability for UET Lahore

Post by engrwaq » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi guys ...your suggestions are sought

I will be applying for ILR by end of June'15. I am not pretty clear on English language requirement.

I was given 10 points for English language requirement (based on my B.Sc Civil engineering degree and English language certificate from UET LAHORE) during entry clearance and further leave to remain. My university is in the list of approved NARIC university and secure 30 points on PBS for qualification.

As the new ILR application form has no provision to tick the box saying "English language requirement met in previous application", I applied to NARIC for level of English language assessment. I was shocked to see the result that degree is equivalent to level B1 but not C1 of CEFR. I believe it's the level C1 which is required for tier1 ILR. I am surprised as I was given 30 and 10 points (in June ,14 for further leave to remain) attributed to my degree for qualification and English language.

Please share your opinion guys ...that would be much appreciated

Thanks

mjm9691

Post by mjm9691 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:09 am

No you are wrong C1 is not required, it's B1 that is minimum required. C1 is one more level up than B1.

engrwaq
Newly Registered

Post by engrwaq » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:56 pm

Dear mgm9691

Thanks for sharing your views .Pls see clause 139 of the below link

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... pdf#page34

It clearly says c1 is required, my question is do I need to submit a NARIC letter even though I have met English requirement previously, apparently the new form does not leave you with any other option. I feel totally frustrated....

engrwaq
Newly Registered

Post by engrwaq » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:08 am

Hello friends & UETIANS

I hope there are quite a few UETIANS on this forum and I really need your help to sort this out.

The new ILR application asks for NARIC confirmation if you are using degree to meet English language requirement

My degree in civil engineering 2002 now do not give me 10 points on PBS calculator. Alternatively I submitted it online to NARIC FOR assessment. They declared it to be level B1 saying it does not meet standard set for C1

Please advise what should I do

I have seen some fellows saying they have got 10 points for UET Lahore and someone has also got it
RE-ASSESSED from NARIC.

In last three applications including last application for further leave to remain (filed in June 2014) I was always given 10 points for English language based on my degree and letter from uni.

Share your view guys please who have gone though this process.

Many thanks in advance and stay blessed

engrwaq
Newly Registered

Post by engrwaq » Sat Jun 06, 2015 12:26 am

Or shall I just apply for assessment of comparability for Bachelor degree

As the new ILR APPLICATION FORM just asks confirmation that it's equivalent to UK bachelor degree and NARIC confirmation it has been taught in English ,pls suggest will it be suffice to tick that box

The trouble is TIER 1 guidance notes are contradictory in the sense as they specifically ask to attain level c1

The giidence of seniors required please ....