ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent advise please

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RANA-ALI

urgent advise please

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:52 pm

hi all ,
by the Grace of Allah i have just received my BRP card today
application submission date =15/10/13
acknowledgment letter date=17/10/13
bio metric letter dated =21/10/13
bio metric given = 07/11/2013
received biometric card today =13/11/13
can any one please tell me how long does it normally takes to get the documents back(passport, supporting documents etc)
the reason for asking for ur urgent feedback is because i have varied my tier2 application to set LR on 12/11/13 thinking home office going to take while to make a decision for my tier2 application , i didnt send any orginal documents with my LR application.
please i m curious to know the time they take to send original documents back to me.
thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:03 pm

I think it might have been more to do with your compliance with the requirements for this type of leave that saw your successful application, rather than divine intervention. For the sake of other readers in your situation and hoping to have the same success, I don't think the former is something that can be overcome by invocation to a deity, But you should feel free to think whatever you wish.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:25 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:hi gurus, moderators and all member's
i request moderator not to put this post "continue in other thread"
my situation
i applied for tier 2 visa with dependent on 15/10/13
and while waiting for decision on tier 2 i varied my application to SET LR on 12/11/13 , thinking home office going to take some time to make decision on my tier 2 application, but i have received my my biometric card for tier2 today 13/13/2013 valid until 2016 ,
can any one please suggest /guide/advise what i have to do now,
what the law says in this situation ,
does variation of leave is valid now or do i have to apply again for SET LR
please note i have already submitted SET LR form , payment detail and covering letter asking to vary the grounds of my application , what about my dependent now, her's card arrived as well for pbs dependent
this forum is the best and u helped me before ,
ur help is incredible
guys please help me with this , i ll be really thankful

Regards
Rana
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Lucapoka sorry but i didnt quite catch what u wanted to say?

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Dear amber , this thread is related to tier 2 query , which i asked in sperate post,
U have moved my post from ilr to tier 2 if u have given a minute from ur precious time to read my both post then u would have realise that my query in ILR forum is different from the one which i asked in tier2
Still apreciate ur efficiency though
Im sorry if u think my post are taking lot of space/ or im making mess in this forum
Thanks again
im thankful for all who helped me previously and putting my mind on ease , u all r great people

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:08 pm

Moved to ILR.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:24 pm

RANA-ALI wrote:Lucapoka sorry but i didnt quite catch what u wanted to say?
Your post seemed to be implying that it was possible to be granted leave to remain in the UK by means other than those suggested on the UKBA site and in the discussions on this forum. I readily challenged that view as my opinion does not match that of yours, and it may be indicative as being factual to others if such allegations went unchallenged, as that is how much of the information on this forum is considered; only incorrect comments go unchallenged. Otherwise, some readers may assume that it really is possible to get a visa using those methods, either alone, or even in conjunction with the fulfilment of normal procedures. The point I am making is that this is an immigration forum and my assertion is that, as such, it should restrict itself to immigration issues in the real world rather than bringing up the topic of personal philosophy about the supernatural world. If you do want to talk about your personal philosophy, a simple search will reveal other forums and communities that are intended for the discussion and promotion of those views and beliefs.

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:26 am

Lucapooka wrote:
RANA-ALI wrote:Lucapoka sorry but i didnt quite catch what u wanted to say?
Your post seemed to be implying that it was possible to be granted leave to remain in the UK by means other than those suggested on the UKBA site and in the discussions on this forum. I readily challenged that view as my opinion does not match that of yours, and it may be indicative as being factual to others if such allegations went unchallenged, as that is how much of the information on this forum is considered; only incorrect comments go unchallenged. Otherwise, some readers may assume that it really is possible to get a visa using those methods, either alone, or even in conjunction with the fulfilment of normal procedures. The point I am making is that this is an immigration forum and my assertion is that, as such, it should restrict itself to immigration issues in the real world rather than bringing up the topic of personal philosophy about the supernatural world. If you do want to talk about your personal philosophy, a simple search will reveal other forums and communities that are intended for the discussion and promotion of those views and beliefs.
well do u really have something to say in response to my query ,
in response to what u have just said above , the argument can go all day long, but i m not that childish, at the end of the day we are here to help each other, not to pick on something which is unnecessary , all i wanted to say now
we should have freedom of our thoughts , beliefs and speak, no one should come to ur face to tell u how they would like you to think,
i didnt force u to see things as i see them, , u r very senior member and expect u to act in appropriate manors ,
i hope u do respect others and ur position in future.
thanks , (no hard feelings) :) be happy and let other be happy the way they wanted to be.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:04 am

You are not here to talk about religion so why bring it up and force others to hear your views? Imagine if each one of the 7000+ posts I have made began with the statement "Because there are no gods who will magically approve your application, you must, instead do the following in order for your visa to be granted", then going on to comment on what is actually necessary. How offensive and inappropriate might that be considered by others? It's not appropriate to the forum for me to say this and it's not appropriate for others to offer similar insights that have nothing to do with immigration.
I rest!

RANA-ALI

Post by RANA-ALI » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:17 am

Any one plz ,
Does any one ever been in similar situation
Do i have to wait to get any corespondnce from Home Office or should i send my documents any way , if so,which address is it lunar house or the set (lr) durham address( only received my passports and documents back yesterday from tier2 dep,
By the way they have taken the fee already for set(lr),
I ll be really thankful if any one could guide me the right process
And by the way luca poka thanks for messing up my post, no wonder i didnt got any responce from any one else