ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

mother's refused visa IS151A_Albania_Success

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alba29

mother's refused visa IS151A_Albania_Success

Post by alba29 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:07 pm

Hi

I just thought to let those of you who may have read my tread of "visa for my mother" that after my mother was refused a visa to visit me and my family because she overstayed her 8th visa to UK (yeah she had been here 7 times before in the space of 8 years) and was served with IS151A when leaving Gatwick last august, she has today got her Visa. Hurray.

Well it's not all that dounting when you are an overstayer... and served with IS151A....but it does delay your application....

After beign back home for nearly 9 months, my mother applied for the visa in May 07 and was refused it. She faxed me through the refusal note. I read through it and contacted the embassy and asked them that should I address all the points and provide evidence would they reconsider the decision without the need of an appeal. to my surprise their prompt response was detailed and very informative.

So I did just that. I wrote a "ground for appeals" note (3 page long,) explaining all the points that ECO raised, signposted to evidence that I have provided, I included a statement from myself, and posted it to the embassy by DHL on June 6. On June 12 i received an e-mail from ECM confirming acceptance of the appeal, and confirming that a review of the decision will be made withing 48 hours. Yesterday 13 June my mum got a call from embassy to ask her to send her passport because her visa was approved. Today she got the visa.

I must say thank you to all of you who gave me some sound advice. Sometimes it was hartbreaking to read some of the views from different members, but One thing I must stress.:
Please do your research before you deal with any IO and Be Honest. Honesty pays off.
So we are all off for a two week holiday in south of France in mid July. (since my mother has got a schengen visa)

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:40 pm

Excellent and well done
Thanks for getting back to us with the news.

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:42 pm

Glad to hear it has all worked out, and that your mother can come and stay with you.

I don't know the circumstances of the previous over-staying, of course, but I suggest your mother's very careful about leaving well within time on future visits, as two overstays will be hard to get over.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:54 pm

SYH wrote:Excellent and well done
Thanks for getting back to us with the news.
Hi SYH,
Many thanks for your all your advice. It meant a lot and I must say your comments gave me a lot of ideas, which with some research I put them in practice.

Kind regards
Alba

alba29

Post by alba29 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:56 pm

avjones wrote:Glad to hear it has all worked out, and that your mother can come and stay with you.

I don't know the circumstances of the previous over-staying, of course, but I suggest your mother's very careful about leaving well within time on future visits, as two overstays will be hard to get over.
Graet Advice from you. Will put it in practice.
FYI she has been here 8 times in the past, the last time she overstayed it was for compassionate reason hence the ECM deemed it appropriate to grant her the visa.

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:58 pm

alba29 wrote: Hi SYH,
Many thanks for your all your advice. It meant a lot and I must say your comments gave me a lot of ideas, which with some research I put them in practice.

Kind regards
Alba
That was my objective, I am glad you took the cues.
You probably provided explanations as to why she overstayed, acknowledge that this was a mistake, you wouldn't do it again, provided reasons why it wouldnt happend again, explain reasons why it is important for her to visit and used your record of previous non overstay to sell your appeal.

alba29

Post by alba29 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:06 pm

SYH wrote:

Kind regards
Alba
You probably provided explanations as to why she overstayed, acknowledge that this was a mistake, you wouldn't do it again, provided reasons why it wouldnt happend again, explain reasons why it is important for her to visit and used your record of previous non overstay to sell your appeal.
I did exactly what you have just stated above... and I gave detailed evidence for all my explanations, i.e notification from my Chartered Managment Institute where I am studying... letter from my employer... my financial position etc and of course apologised and accepted that as the sponsor I do take responsibility for what happened.. i.e breaching the conditions of my leave... I am glad this website is running... people should check here all the time.. and read the comments with an open mind.

Many thanks again to you :D

alba29

Post by alba29 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:11 pm

SYH wrote:

Kind regards
Alba
SYH
May I please ask you another question? When she arrives at Gatwick, what are the likelyhoods that the IO may be not very sympathetic of her? what will may happen? Can he refuse her entry? Sorry maybe I am being a bit paranoid?

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:32 pm

Alba I don't know. I would think if she got the approval, then there is nothing the IO has much more to say. He just might confirm she intends to leave and I hope she says Yes, I have learned my lesson
Last edited by SYH on Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Thu Jun 14, 2007 6:25 pm

SYH wrote:He just might confirm she intends to leave and I hope she says no, I have learned my lesson
Did you mean she says "yes" (she intents to leave) and she has learnt a lesson.? :lol:

alba29

Post by alba29 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:32 am

olisun wrote:
SYH wrote:He just might confirm she intends to leave and I hope she says no, I have learned my lesson
Did you mean she says "yes" (she intents to leave) and she has learnt a lesson.? :lol:
How funny...why are you so sarcastic olisun about the entire thing????
i suggest you put your efforts of sarcasm in those overstayers who are milking the system, come to visit families who contribute nothing to this society, or better of, are actually on benefits... and oh I know a lot of such cases, and then may also commit crimes in UK... all classified under ilegal immigrants, rather than trying to make mordant comments whether she has learned this great lesson or not???

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:38 am

alba29 wrote:
olisun wrote:
i suggest you put your efforts of sarcasm in those overstayers who are milking the system, come to visit families who contribute nothing to this society, or better of, are actually on benefits... and oh I know a lot of such cases, and then may also commit crimes in UK... all classified under ilegal immigrants, rather than trying to make mordant comments whether she has learned this great lesson or not???
Chill out dude...

Take some time to read SYH's reponse and my response to that, if you don't have time to read the whole thread and then post accordingly.

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:04 am

Urime urime zemër!! Jam shumë e lumtur për ty!
I'm still waiting for my mother in law to come over, as her mother is still sick :(
I hope you all have a fabulous holiday together.
Claire xx

alba29

Post by alba29 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:30 pm

clairey wrote:Urime urime zemër!! Jam shumë e lumtur për ty!
I'm still waiting for my mother in law to come over, as her mother is still sick :(
Claire xx
Oh Claire

Shume faleminderit per urimet. How sweet of you. Your husband must be b the luckiest Albanian guy to have met you, because you sound a lovely and wonderful person.

I hope your mother in law comes to visit you soon. And you too,,, have lovely holiday in sunny Portugal.

lots of love to both of you.
Alba
xx

alba29

Post by alba29 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:38 pm

olisun wrote:
alba29 wrote:
olisun wrote:
Chill out dude...

Take some time to read SYH's reponse and my response to that, if you don't have time to read the whole thread and then post accordingly.
quite chilled out in fact... i had already read your comments. SYH comments were fine... yours contain sarcasm...that's my point.. but hey just forget about it.. .it's not worth it any more...

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Which of the below is in the right context?
Or
SYH wrote:He just might confirm she intends to leave and I hope she says yes, I have learned my lesson
Anyways......

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:47 pm

olisun wrote:
alba29 wrote:

Chill out dude...

Alba don't pay olisun any mind, he is one of many who get off nitpicking my words

alba29

Post by alba29 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:15 pm

SYH wrote:
olisun wrote:
alba29 wrote:

Chill out dude...

Alba don't pay olisun any mind, he is one of many who get off nitpicking my words
No problem SYH... I have noticed that.. .but who cares... I have read that tread about the queing article... how pathetic those people are... what ludicruous comments hey?

alba29

Post by alba29 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:30 pm

olisun wrote:Which of the below is in the right context?
Or
SYH wrote:He just might confirm she intends to leave and I hope she says yes, I have learned my lesson
Anyways......
Olisun
Quite thonestly, I read that No as a Yes ... i seriously didn't pay any attention at all... that that was a No... perhpas its a common instict and mental thought that of course she will say Yes.

clairey

Post by clairey » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 pm

alba29 wrote:
clairey wrote:Urime urime zemër!! Jam shumë e lumtur për ty!
Claire xx
Oh Claire

Shume faleminderit per urimet. How sweet of you. Your husband must be b the luckiest Albanian guy to have met you, because you sound a lovely and wonderful person.

I hope your mother in law comes to visit you soon. And you too,,, have lovely holiday in sunny Portugal.

lots of love to both of you.
Alba
xx
Shume faleminderit :oops: your kind words make me blush!
I can't wait to go on holiday - 1 week and 2 days to go! I can't wait!
Lots of love to you and your family
Claire xx
p.s. I tried to private message you, but I don't think it went through :( I'll try again!