ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation Questions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:43 pm

dub007 wrote:Congratulation :)
hopefully more Invitation letter will be posted by the end of the week, if someone is waiting for the ceremony letter hope for the best.
summmer75 wrote:I got my invitation today for the 21st Oct ceremony. Very happy :D
Thank you all for the great help here.
Mine says 8.20. Its good to be Irish. Long live Alan Shatter. Now its time for them to stop deferring applications just for simple little things as traffic offence.
NICEANDSMOOTH

dub007

Post by dub007 » Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:48 pm

INIS WEBSITE UPDATE
The next citizenship ceremonies will take place in The Convention Centre Dublin, Spencer Dock, North Wall Quay, Dublin 1 on Monday 21st October, 2013.
Some 3,800 candidates will attend the ceremonies where they will take an oath of fidelity to the nation, receive their certificate of naturalisation and thereby become Irish citizens.
LONG LIVE ALAN SHATTER :)

Tearae
Newly Registered

Post by Tearae » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:11 pm

I applied in December 2011. I got a letter today and it reads.

(1)I would be obliged if you would confirm the following fines imposed on you in 2008 have been paid and forward receipts of payment to confirm this.

a- No Insurance
b- no driving licence

(2)Please Provide an explanation for not disclosing the above offences on your application form.

Where I come in: I did have a motor offence in 2008 charged to court for No Insurance and Tax on my car and was fined 1000 euro for No insurance and 250 for no Tax. I however appealed the decision in 2010 and my fine was reduce to 200 euro for no insurance and 100 euro for no tax. I paid that off on may 2012. I did make mention of this when i put in my application in 2011 and also sent them a receipt of the payment in august 2012. I don't understand why they couldn't find this on their system. I still have the receipt of the said fines and have called the court where this took place and all has been paid. The receipt I have doesn't state exactly what the warrant is for except showing the warrant no and stating it was paid. Secondly the naturalization letter stated no driving licence(it was meant to be no tax not driving licence) I actually can prove that i did have a driving licence all along.

My question is this: I don't want to come across as argumentative when i send a reply. How best can i convince them i have no intention whatsoever not to disclosing it and to the best of my knowledge i did disclose this and also sent a letter in august 2012 to state I had receipt of the fines imposed on me through a registered post. If i was concealing this information I wont have sent a letter in August 2012 with the receipt of this fine without them asking me first. They only got to ask me for receipt of this today.

I was also asked for copies of my children birth certificate which I already sent to them and my employment history record which I already sent when i made my application for naturalization. I kind of sensed my file was in a way messed up and lots of my document were being misplaced. Please can you advise me on how best to deal with these. I have now gathered all the relevant information ready to be posted. thanks

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Tearae wrote:I applied in December 2011. I got a letter today and it reads.

(1)I would be obliged if you would confirm the following fines imposed on you in 2008 have been paid and forward receipts of payment to confirm this.

a- No Insurance
b- no driving licence

(2)Please Provide an explanation for not disclosing the above offences on your application form.

Where I come in: I did have a motor offence in 2008 charged to court for No Insurance and Tax on my car and was fined 1000 euro for No insurance and 250 for no Tax. I however appealed the decision in 2010 and my fine was reduce to 200 euro for no insurance and 100 euro for no tax. I paid that off on may 2012. I did make mention of this when i put in my application in 2011 and also sent them a receipt of the payment in august 2012. I don't understand why they couldn't find this on their system. I still have the receipt of the said fines and have called the court where this took place and all has been paid. The receipt I have doesn't state exactly what the warrant is for except showing the warrant no and stating it was paid. Secondly the naturalization letter stated no driving licence(it was meant to be no tax not driving licence) I actually can prove that i did have a driving licence all along.

My question is this: I don't want to come across as argumentative when i send a reply. How best can i convince them i have no intention whatsoever not to disclosing it and to the best of my knowledge i did disclose this and also sent a letter in august 2012 to state I had receipt of the fines imposed on me through a registered post. If i was concealing this information I wont have sent a letter in August 2012 with the receipt of this fine without them asking me first. They only got to ask me for receipt of this today.

I was also asked for copies of my children birth certificate which I already sent to them and my employment history record which I already sent when i made my application for naturalization. I kind of sensed my file was in a way messed up and lots of my document were being misplaced. Please can you advise me on how best to deal with these. I have now gathered all the relevant information ready to be posted. thanks
First things first. Anyone who sends in a citizenship aplication normally makes a copy of this. I hope you did, and if you did you only need to go to the page where you ticked that you have an offense on your record.
If you did not disclose this that could be a very good reason for refusal.
Lets assume you did disclose it.
Write to them exactly the way you have written here correcting their silly mistakes of switching the offense of no road tax to no driving license which is more serious.
As for asking for your children's birth certificate this is normal. They have probably misplaced it.
They are looking for a reason to either refuse you or defer your application. Don't give them any reason to do this.
Your reply is going to determine what decision they make, so be as thorough as you can. You will not come across as being argumentative.
I battled them for 5 years to the point that they had my personal mobile number and used to call me at will, till they realised there were no grounds for refusal. Just don't be rude but make all your points. I suggest you number the points one by one so its very easy for them to understand.
Good luck my brother.
NICEANDSMOOTH

mred1

Post by mred1 » Thu Oct 10, 2013 12:00 am

@Tearae

I do not think they have lost the birth certificate or the employment details. I was asked for the exact same thing. I really don't know why they ask for same thing all over...Its a waste of paper!...& can be very annoying. (Your situation may have changed - employment wise). Anyways, send them what they want & explain just like you have here the situation & send them the copies again. They have no backlog to get through anymore, so i guess they are scrutinizing the applications now!. I am expecting a positive response from them soon too...

dub007

Post by dub007 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:39 am

They want to make sure that all fines are paid because when you submitted your application you mentioned that you have offence but you never paid any fine as you paid in 2012 thats why they are asking you for explanation and other documents such as birth cert and employment they want to update you application and submit your application towards the final stage.

a- No Insurance
b- no driving licence

dub007

Post by dub007 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:05 am

Hopefully people will get some approvals today :)
dub007 wrote:They want to make sure that all fines are paid because when you submitted your application you mentioned that you have offence but you never paid any fine as you paid in 2012 thats why they are asking you for explanation and other documents such as birth cert and employment they want to update you application and submit your application towards the final stage.

a- No Insurance
b- no driving licence

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:27 am

dub007 wrote:Hopefully people will get some approvals today :)
dub007 wrote:They want to make sure that all fines are paid because when you submitted your application you mentioned that you have offence but you never paid any fine as you paid in 2012 thats why they are asking you for explanation and other documents such as birth cert and employment they want to update you application and submit your application towards the final stage.

a- No Insurance
b- no driving licence

Approvals come in on a daily basis. A friend was asked to send two proofs of address, receipt for a fine he got for having no tv license and a letter explaining how he takes care of his kids financially and their birth certificates. He sent them to INIS and two weeks ago he was approved.
from the 25th of october up till the 30th of october thats when they will send thousands of approval but before then they will keep sending but not in large quantities. Good luck everyone.
NICEANDSMOOTH

moro1

Post by moro1 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:21 pm

Just back from my ceremony, absolutely thrilled!!

Had great time and heard very touching words from Alan shatter and the other speakers.
Shatter said he granted 60000 applicants since he came to office! Fair play to him, he is the TD of my constituency and il make sure il vote for him next time! Good man with some great work done!

Thanks to everyone who helped me here, congratulations to those who attended today specially for those waiting for long and good luck to those waiting!

nice and smooth

Post by nice and smooth » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:31 pm

moro1 wrote:Just back from my ceremony, absolutely thrilled!!

Had great time and heard very touching words from Alan shatter and the other speakers.
Shatter said he granted 60000 applicants since he came to office! Fair play to him, he is the TD of my constituency and il make sure il vote for him next time! Good man with some great work done!

Thanks to everyone who helped me here, congratulations to those who attended today specially for those waiting for long and good luck to those waiting!
I also attended the 8.30am swearing in and it was awesome! Allen shatter is the man! By next week another 4000 will be granted! I already applied for my passport today! Good luck to others it's worth the wait!
NICEANDSMOOTH

afan
Newly Registered

Post by afan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am

I have a assumption, see if any kind soul can confirm/deny that.

I had LTR even before applying Naturalisation, through EU4FAM visa , i got that in end of 2010. I applied for Naturalisation End of Nov 2011 .

Could having LTR be reason for my application taking that long ?

Thanks in advance

Kinto

Post by Kinto » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:43 pm

afan wrote:I have a assumption, see if any kind soul can confirm/deny that.

I had LTR even before applying Naturalisation, through EU4FAM visa , i got that in end of 2010. I applied for Naturalisation End of Nov 2011 .

Thanks in advance
No. Generally speaking, LTR actually speeds up naturalisation applications, since some of the background checks are already done.

afan
Newly Registered

Post by afan » Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Kinto wrote:

Thanks in advance
No. Generally speaking, LTR actually speeds up naturalisation applications, since some of the background checks are already done.
Ahan , thanks for the answer . It kind of make sense .
Ok i am running out of reasons in my head to why my Application is still in stage 2 since August 2012 !

adelmurray

Post by adelmurray » Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:53 pm

afan wrote:
Kinto wrote:

Thanks in advance
Ok i am running out of reasons in my head to why my Application is still in stage 2 since August 2012 !
yes Generally if you have LTR would Speed up the process of your Naturalisation . however you stated that your acquired your LTR in 2010 , then applied for your Naturalisation in 2011 , so can you remember if in between those dates you have committed any offense at all ?? whether Civil or Criminal ?? . if no then i think you should get in touch with an immigration lawyer or your Constituency TD , in order to find out why the delay . as the last 2011 applicants were approved and have attended their Ceremony .
Good Luck with everything !!

afan
Newly Registered

Post by afan » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:30 pm

adelmurray wrote:
afan wrote:
Kinto wrote:

Thanks in advance
yes Generally if you have LTR would Speed up the process of your Naturalisation . however you stated that your acquired your LTR in 2010 , then applied for your Naturalisation in 2011 , so can you remember if in between those dates you have committed any offense at all ?? whether Civil or Criminal ?? . if no then i think you should get in touch with an immigration lawyer or your Constituency TD , in order to find out why the delay . as the last 2011 applicants were approved and have attended their Ceremony .

Definitely nothing during that time , i had penalty points in 2007 and 2008 which were cleared off before i applied for naturalisation . I have mentioned those points in my application, as requested in naturalisation form.

I will follow your suggestion and try to connect to my local TD.

Thanks again,

dub007

Post by dub007 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:55 pm

Afan just wait for a bit contacting TD will have no impact and trust me you will be getting approval soon. Alan Shatter made things easy and straight.
afan wrote:
adelmurray wrote:
afan wrote:
Kinto wrote:

Definitely nothing during that time , i had penalty points in 2007 and 2008 which were cleared off before i applied for naturalisation . I have mentioned those points in my application, as requested in naturalisation form.

Thanks again,

Supercapo33
Newly Registered

Passport

Post by Supercapo33 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:28 am

Has anybody from the 21 Oct ceremony received their passport yet?

Passport express issue date for mine was 6/11/13 on the tracking site, but the tracking is still on 'checking application' .... how accurate is this?

exam

Re: Passport

Post by exam » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:44 am

Supercapo33 wrote:Has anybody from the 21 Oct ceremony received their passport yet?

Passport express issue date for mine was 6/11/13 on the tracking site, but the tracking is still on 'checking application' .... how accurate is this?
Check the status on Friday, and give them sometime as well.
Good to estimate for 5-10 extra working days.

I have seen all these funnies for my son's passport.

Don't worry.

All the best.

Exam

sandyego
Newly Registered

Please can anyone explain this to me.Thanks

Post by sandyego » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:02 pm

I applied in december 2011. requested to send in a fine reciept in october2013 about a traffic offence. This incident was reversed in court and was charged with nuttin. I had sent them a copy of the order. and i got a letter today from the lsr team acknowledging it and it says further processing team lsr. I dont know what that means. I called on them on the fone and explained to the lady my situation and she said the only thing i can tell you is that your application is being prepared to be submitted to the minister for a decision. its not submitted to the minister yet but its being prepared. i asked how long she said it cld be anything from a month to 2months but not sure. wen i emailed them i got establishing whether it meets statury conditions for granting naturalisation such as good character etc. Now people what chance do i have to even know exactly where i fall

Kinto

Re: Please can anyone explain this to me.Thanks

Post by Kinto » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:26 pm

sandyego wrote:I applied in december 2011. requested to send in a fine reciept in october2013 about a traffic offence. This incident was reversed in court and was charged with nuttin. I had sent them a copy of the order. and i got a letter today from the lsr team acknowledging it and it says further processing team lsr. I dont know what that means. I called on them on the fone and explained to the lady my situation and she said the only thing i can tell you is that your application is being prepared to be submitted to the minister for a decision. its not submitted to the minister yet but its being prepared. i asked how long she said it cld be anything from a month to 2months but not sure. wen i emailed them i got establishing whether it meets statury conditions for granting naturalisation such as good character etc. Now people what chance do i have to even know exactly where i fall
It sounds like your traffic incident complicated things a bit and delayed your application, but you managed to straighten it out and now your application is on its way to the minister. Expect good news in 1 to 3 months.

sandyego
Newly Registered

Re: Please can anyone explain this to me.Thanks

Post by sandyego » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:33 pm

Kinto wrote:
sandyego wrote:I applied in december 2011. requested to send in a fine reciept in october2013 about a traffic offence. This incident was reversed in court and was charged with nuttin. I had sent them a copy of the order. and i got a letter today from the lsr team acknowledging it and it says further processing team lsr. I dont know what that means. I called on them on the fone and explained to the lady my situation and she said the only thing i can tell you is that your application is being prepared to be submitted to the minister for a decision. its not submitted to the minister yet but its being prepared. i asked how long she said it cld be anything from a month to 2months but not sure. wen i emailed them i got establishing whether it meets statury conditions for granting naturalisation such as good character etc. Now people what chance do i have to even know exactly where i fall
It sounds like your traffic incident complicated things a bit and delayed your application, but you managed to straighten it out and now your application is on its way to the minister. Expect good news in 1 to 3 months.
Thanks a lot for your response> i pray so GOD help me;-)

afan
Newly Registered

Post by afan » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:00 pm

dub007 wrote:Afan just wait for a bit contacting TD will have no impact and trust me you will be getting approval soon. Alan Shatter made things easy and straight.
afan wrote:
adelmurray wrote:
afan wrote:

Thanks again,

I have received email from INIS , that my application is in final stage . So that is huge relief . Things which worked for me was calling them and reminding them that i am still alive and waiting for my approval.

Thanks again to the guys especially IntegratedMigrant and dub007

Will update you once i receive my letter.
Thanks again

dub007

Post by dub007 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:11 pm

You are welcome Afan, you will be getting good news soon.
afan wrote:
dub007 wrote:Afan just wait for a bit contacting TD will have no impact and trust me you will be getting approval soon. Alan Shatter made things easy and straight.
afan wrote:
adelmurray wrote:

Thanks again,

I have received email from INIS , that my application is in final stage . So that is huge relief . Things which worked for me was calling them and reminding them that i am still alive and waiting for my approval.

Thanks again

sandyego
Newly Registered

Post by sandyego » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Can anyone explain what it means when youget an email saying your application is at the advanced stage and will be informed of the ministers decision as expeditiously as possible? Thanks

IntegratedMigrant
Diamond Member

Post by IntegratedMigrant » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:49 pm

afan wrote:I have received email from INIS , that my application is in final stage . So that is huge relief . Things which worked for me was calling them and reminding them that i am still alive and waiting for my approval.

Thanks again
Expect to join us as Irish citizens soon. All the best
I oppose stereotype, prejudice, xenophobe, judgmental, Ignorance, and beloved.