ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:32 am

[quote="ontothenext"]Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless[/quote]

Congrats to @ontothenext. I wish you well. @ Verbina, keep on keeping on. It is well! To everyone else, hang on in there. Just to let you guys know that that I submitted my PAP and have given them the usual 2 weeks in writing for them to do something but I will actually give them 3 weeks before I put in a JR. We'll see what they come up with and will keep you posted!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

ontothenext wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless
WOW that's the best xmas present ever. Congratulations my friend and now time to enjoy your freedom and start to a new life.
@verbina looks like it is your turn any time soon looking from how quick they responded to ontothenext. Please don't give birth to kittens whatever phrase you always use hahahahahha :D but seriously I pray its soon hun.

To the rest of us waiting lets hope Father xmas remembers what we have wished for lol.
How great would it be for all our prayers to be answered this year!! One can dream but they say dreams do come true after all. :lol:

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:18 pm

nilemarques wrote:
ontothenext wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless
Congrats to @ontothenext. I wish you well. @ Verbina, keep on keeping on. It is well! To everyone else, hang on in there. Just to let you guys know that that I submitted my PAP and have given them the usual 2 weeks in writing for them to do something but I will actually give them 3 weeks before I put in a JR. We'll see what they come up with and will keep you posted!

Nilemarques I pray The Lord justifies his course, fight this battle for you and grant your wishes. You are almost and our prayers never never ceased.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Verbzie, I sure know how you feel when you posted your message 2 days ago right this is gonna be a lengthy one. This morning I received a lengthy correspondence letter from my caseworker asking me the following;

1: your reasons for coming to the United Kingdom or stay here
2: any reason why you think you should be allowed to stay in the United Kingdom
3: any grounds you should not be removed from this country or asked to leave

Note; attach documents or evidence to support reasons

This has to be done before next weekend.

Has anyone received this type of document before (IS. 76) "statement of additional grounds" along with "one stop warning"

Any advice would be welcomed guys so I can brainstorm this with my solicitor. It feels like this is my final stop before the miracle.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:54 pm

dapsonlee wrote:Verbzie, I sure know how you feel when you posted your message 2 days ago right this is gonna be a lengthy one. This morning I received a lengthy correspondence letter from my caseworker asking me the following;

Has anyone received this type of document before (IS. 76) "statement of additional grounds" along with "one stop warning"

Any advice would be welcomed guys so I can brainstorm this with my solicitor. It feels like this is my final stop before the miracle.

@dapsonlee why the hell are they asking you to provide the same information you must have applied in the application?
I am confused.....

ThisYear

hello all....

Post by ThisYear » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:59 pm

Congrats to those who recently got approvals. .....

Hi forum pals..Verbina, Believe, Shondra and everyone else too numerous to mention.

I have sent off the PAP and wait the next 3 weeks if no response from the Hate Office, then it will be JR. I'm ready to fight as the caseworker did not mention my BC child in the refusal. I applied Feb 2012 before the rule changes and one of the reasons was I had not spent 20yrs. My 16years must count for something.

ThisYear

Post by ThisYear » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:04 pm

Please send everything they requested, I see it as an opportunity to make your case stronger.

Research relevant case laws that will support your particular circumstances and add to your response to back up why you should be allowed to stay. It is well.

dapsonlee wrote:Verbzie, I sure know how you feel when you posted your message 2 days ago right this is gonna be a lengthy one. This morning I received a lengthy correspondence letter from my caseworker asking me the following;

FLR(O) private life/parent of BC
App sub - Feb2012
Contact HO - Feb2013
Further info requested - Apr2013
Decision - Refused Nov2013
JR - Dec2013
JR withdrawn - Mar 2014
JR Sealed - Jun 2014
Granted - Aug 2014

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:06 pm

rina wrote:

@dapsonlee why the hell are they asking you to provide the same information you must have applied in the application?
I am confused.....

HI Rina,

Well i am being asked to write a personal statement about any reasons why i think i should be allowed to stay in the UK and any grounds why i should not be removed.

The statement I provide must not include my original factors (reasons) from my initial statement which i believe means "other reasons outside the scope of initial my application"

this is new to me.. just looking around for similar cases as a guide!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:17 pm

ThisYear wrote:Please send everything they requested, I see it as an opportunity to make your case stronger.

Research relevant case laws that will support your particular circumstances and add to your response to back up why you should be allowed to stay. It is well.

Thank you very much ThisYear. I am on that at the moment as i type. God Bless you.

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:17 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="ontothenext"]Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless[/quote]

Congrats to @ontothenext. I wish you well. @ Verbina, keep on keeping on. It is well! To everyone else, hang on in there. Just to let you guys know that that I submitted my PAP and have given them the usual 2 weeks in writing for them to do something but I will actually give them 3 weeks before I put in a JR. We'll see what they come up with and will keep you posted![/quote

Nilemarques I pray The Lord justifies his course, fight this battle for you and grant your wishes. You are almost and our prayers never never ceased.[/quote]

Thank you Dapsonlee! Thanks to you and everyone else for the prayers and support!
With regards to further submissions, the only thing I can think of, which you may probably have mentioned in your first submission, is the length of your residence here, the strength of your connections in the UK, any compassionate circumstances. I'm pretty sure you've done all that but just give yourself a day or two to collate as much as you can! Good luck!!
Last edited by nilemarques on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:18 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:

I am confused.....

HI Rina,

Well i am being asked to write a personal statement about any reasons why i think i should be allowed to stay in the UK and any grounds why i should not be removed.

The statement I provide must not include my original factors (reasons) from my initial statement which i believe means "other reasons outside the scope of initial my application"

OMGGGGGGGG these guys are terrible.... I am sure you will find all the information you will need from people in similar situations.
They are really trying to destroy us I mean you apply and provide the reasons and now you have to provide another reason apart from what you have given.. come on!!!!!!

Should we start making reasons up.
Sorry had to vent a bit.. :x

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:21 pm

rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:

I am confused.....

HI Rina,

OMGGGGGGGG these guys are terrible.... I am sure you will find all the information you will need from people in similar situations.
They are really trying to destroy us I mean you apply and provide the reasons and now you have to provide another reason apart from what you have given.. come on!!!!!!

Neither do I. I mean all my family are British went to college and university here and absolutely no one to return home to. lol oh well The lord never sleeps nor slumbers.

Any news on your front yet? cos Ale001 has taken a bold step and we are all waiting to celebrate with him.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:35 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:

I am confused.....

HI Rina,

Neither do I. I mean all my family are British went to college and university here and absolutely no one to return home to. lol oh well The lord never sleeps nor slumbers.

Any news on your front yet? cos Ale001 has taken a bold step and we are all waiting to celebrate with him.

They just looking for a reason to make you sweat. The lord conquers all so you will be fine.

Yes happy for Alee001 as it is good to hear about 2012 cases. No news on my end to be honest cant afford to go for anything as struggling as it is so my faith is what's am relying on to be honest. So hopefully some news soon.
Yes happy Alee001 so the nail biting continues hahahaa.

God's Authority

Post by God's Authority » Thu Nov 14, 2013 4:54 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:

I am confused.....

HI Rina,

Dapsonlee, I dont have much knowledge in these matters but I think you might just as well start with the part I have bolded from your statement. I am almost certain if you look around you and re-assess your situation you will definitely be able to come up with some reasons and compassionate inclusive. I also think you need to brain storm with your family as well and am sure you will surely be able to come up with something.

Isnt one stop warning they give to those who have been given appeal rights to introduce any new grounds not previously presented in their application?

Anyway, please you need to come up with something, dont dismiss any information or instance or family experience as irrelevant now, every little detail counts. By the time you send them all the stuffs in your house, including past cutting from the metro and evening standard( if you are someone like me) then they will have no other choice but to grant you :)

All the best and God be with you.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:21 pm

Oh babe!!!! OMFG!!!! Its all happening!! But I dont know what is IS76 or 'one stop warning' ...
Its weird what else they expect you to send, as if you havent sent everything to them at the first place....
What does your solicitor say about it? ???
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

11akb

Post by 11akb » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:30 pm

elastep wrote:
11akb wrote:hello everyone any idea how long judicial review cases take time from the date you submit ?? regards
Hello everyone!! :) I hope you all have a wonderful day!
@11akb
I know some people have waited for over 6 months or more because the Treasury Solicitor ask for 21 days extension 3x before they get a decision or go to court.
In my case I have been very fortunate that my PAP and JR application have been done within less than 6 weeks and I'm waiting for decision from the court which might take upto 8weeks to get. I hope that the TS will not ask for extention because I will not give it to them but I worry that they might get it from the court. Hope this helps.
hi elastep thanks for info its really help i have 2 question for you first is that y treasury solicitor ask for extension ?is there any reason ? and second ques is did u applied from london for JR ? i done pap and my solicitor send a application for jr this monday another fight start for survival ..........

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:36 pm

God's Authority wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

HI Rina,

Dapsonlee, I dont have much knowledge in these matters but I think you might just as well start with the part I have bolded from your statement. I am almost certain if you look around you and re-assess your situation you will definitely be able to come up with some reasons and compassionate inclusive. I also think you need to brain storm with your family as well and am sure you will surely be able to come up with something.

Isnt one stop warning they give to those who have been given appeal rights to introduce any new grounds not previously presented in their application?

Anyway, please you need to come up with something, dont dismiss any information or instance or family experience as irrelevant now, every little detail counts. By the time you send them all the stuffs in your house, including past cutting from the metro and evening standard( if you are someone like me) then they will have no other choice but to grant you :)

Thank you God's Authority, apparently from what I read, IS-76 is a requirement as of 1st of April 2013 for all applicants to list all reasons why they should grant you in order for an application to be considered and also to convince them just in case you get refused whether a right of appeal should be generated or not.

I will do as adviced. God bless you ever so much.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:40 pm

verbina wrote:

Oh babe!!!! OMFG!!!! Its all happening!! But I dont know what is IS76 or 'one stop warning' ...
Its weird what else they expect you to send, as if you havent sent everything to them at the first place....
Well I deduced the fact perhaps my solicitor never included a personal statement cos I was never advised to write one. So I am being asked to write one and include any additional information if needed but must be different from what I stated in original application. Sigh!!!. Trying to call solicitor so just waiting for them to get back to me.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:44 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
God's Authority wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
rina wrote:

Thank you God's Authority, apparently from what I read, IS-76 is a requirement as of 1st of April 2013 for all applicants to list all reasons why they should grant you in order for an application to be considered and also to convince them just in case you get refused whether a right of appeal should be generated or not.

I will do as adviced. God bless you ever so much.
Oh right, coz I didnt know what was IS 76, then as God's Authority suggested brain storm with your family and get as much letters of support from them and maybe even re-list all the points that you already made in your application. Also if you have any additional evidence that you genuinely dont have anyone in your home country and nothing to go back to! Oh they have to grant you babe!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:48 pm

dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Well I deduced the fact perhaps my solicitor never included a personal statement cos I was never advised to write one. So I am being asked to write one and include any additional information if needed but must be different from what I stated in original application. Sigh!!!. Trying to call solicitor so just waiting for them to get back to me.
Do you know what? I actually had exactly the same feeling, when they first asked me to write my whole story, I was like WTF it should be in my statement! But if you say you never wrote a personal statement, then write the whole thing from the start yourself, without solicitor editing it. Coz my solicitor only sent them 3 page long statement and I managed 10 pages myself. So just write it from the start with all the details babe! You re nearly there!!!!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:16 pm

verbina wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:
verbina wrote:

Do you know what? I actually had exactly the same feeling, when they first asked me to write my whole story, I was like WTF it should be in my statement! But if you say you never wrote a personal statement, then write the whole thing from the start yourself, without solicitor editing it. Coz my solicitor only sent them 3 page long statement and I managed 10 pages myself. So just write it from the start with all the details babe! You re nearly there!!!!

Thanks Verbz... Gonna be a long weekend. Feels like I am about to write a final year project again lol. I will do as advised. Your are a legend!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:55 am

nilemarques wrote:
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless
@nilemarques Oh well done for getting your PAP letter together!! So the countdown began.... Pray to God it lands on the desk of a sensible senior caseworker and you get a prompt reconsideration!

verbina
Russia

Re: hello all....

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:02 am

ThisYear wrote:Congrats to those who recently got approvals. .....

Hi forum pals..Verbina, Believe, Shondra and everyone else too numerous to mention.

I have sent off the PAP and wait the next 3 weeks if no response from the Hate Office, then it will be JR. I'm ready to fight as the caseworker did not mention my BC child in the refusal. I applied Feb 2012 before the rule changes and one of the reasons was I had not spent 20yrs. My 16years must count for something.
Hiya darling! Its outrageous you re being treated this way after 16 years in this country and they have temerity not to mention your British child in refusal letter!! Grrrrr! Hope they get their act together and reconsider soon as you re so winning that JR .....

@rina my girl!! Haha! Yeah Ill try and refrain [from having kittens that is] But actually Im pretty scared as we speak, but dead excited at the same time!! You have similar deadline to Ale001, so hopefully you will hear something from them very soon as well!! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:38 am

I've just been asked to provide more documents yet again!!. I was sent a letter by the Sheffield office for additional documents to be sent to the case worker before on the 28th of October which i managed to get few of them. And on the 29th of October i got a call from my solicitor that the case worker rang her and asked for my prove of address of which i
clearly explain that i'm staying with mates, and that he/she wants the document so he/she can make a decision that week, so cant provide mine, but my mate provided his British passport(photocopies), bank statement,a utility bill, work complimentary card and a letter stating a live there and also have my daughter there every other weekends. On the 14th of November got a call again from my solicitor telling me they sent a letter again from the case worker asking for same document i sent previously...
AND that's a letter from my daughter's school stating who takes her to school and picks her up, a letter from the GP who to call in case of emergency and also a letter from my daughter's mum, stating my role in our daughter's life..
WHAT ELSE DO THIS PEOPLE WANT AGAIN!!!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:14 am

bishop007 wrote:I've just been asked to provide more documents yet again!!. I was sent a letter by the Sheffield office for additional documents to be sent to the case worker before on the 28th of October which i managed to get few of them. And on the 29th of October i got a call from my solicitor that the case worker rang her and asked for my prove of address of which i
clearly explain that i'm staying with mates, and that he/she wants the document so he/she can make a decision that week, so cant provide mine, but my mate provided his British passport(photocopies), bank statement,a utility bill, work complimentary card and a letter stating a live there and also have my daughter there every other weekends. On the 14th of November got a call again from my solicitor telling me they sent a letter again from the case worker asking for same document i sent previously...
AND that's a letter from my daughter's school stating who takes her to school and picks her up, a letter from the GP who to call in case of emergency and also a letter from my daughter's mum, stating my role in our daughter's life..
WHAT ELSE DO THIS PEOPLE WANT AGAIN!!!
Oh God thats too much! Well at least your case is deffo under ACTIVE consideration and looking very very positive as they are unlikely to invest this much time and effort otherwise! Just send them whatever the asking for again I suppose! Nearly there!!