ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement visa for dependent Wife and Child

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:25 pm

You can email with an attachments, whether they'll open and accept them is a different matter. I would send paper documents to the ECO at the relevant diplomatic post.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks Amber.
Do you have any email id or postal address where I can send it? I had applied through Kolkata VFS but they informed that all the documents will be sent to Delhi High Commission for processing.

Shall I give my application reference details as well so that they can refer my case?

regards

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:49 am

Hi Amber,

Can you please advise any link for email contact or any other contact for ECO Delhi High Commission?

Shall I need to give reference to Visa application details while sending the additional docs?

Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:16 am

Email web.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk and/or tel +91 (11) 2419 2100 and ask them.
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

rivercam

Post by rivercam » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:39 am

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:46 am

Thanks buddy.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:29 pm

Hi Amber,

One more query regarding my wife and child visa application. If you refer my case my dependents were present in UK under Tier 2 ICT visa category. However they have returned back to India and have applied under family settlement visa (VAF4A) category. In the vAF4A form there was a question regarding NHS Details and if we had to pay for NHS services. We have answered No to this question.

Ideally during our tenure with me on Tier 2 ICT visa and family on Tier 2 ICT dependent visa my dependents has availed NHS services without any payment required. And in fact nobody from had requested for any payment.

Is this alright for her new settlement application? My understanding is that the dependent NHS access is covered through the main applicant's Tax payments.

Do you see any cause of concern here?

We have provided all the previous NHS registration details.
Regards

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:36 pm

So long as you've not got outstanding debts with the NHS there should be no issue.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:37 pm

Thanks Amber. There is no debt and they have never asked for any charges. We had hardly gone for couple of visits to GP and my daughter had vaccinations.

We were on long term Tier 2 ICT visa earlier.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:39 pm

Then nothing to worry about.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Many thanks Amber. Going through lot of tension during this period and hoping my family can join me soon. Your support is highly appreciated as always.

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:09 am

Hello globalindian, was going thru ur posts and realised that we both share approx the same timeline. We submitted ours' (wife with 2 kids) on oct 21 2013 and thought that could update each other with the process resp, though ours is the re-application so we might hear beyond the given timeline ( I just pray that it must not take that long. Already 2 yrs distance then 3+3 months processing time:-(. Anyway best of luck and hope we may hear our positive result soon

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:36 pm

Sure Juhi. i will keep you posted. Which Visa Application center have you applied from? For my wife and kid we have done it from Kolkata VFS center which then sends it to New Delhi BDHC.

I was checking the current processing timeline for the weekending 15th Nov 2013.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sing-nov15

Delhi is 51 working days
Chennai is 49 working days
Mumbai is 36 working days

Strangely Delhi was running quick a month back and it was processing settlement visa within 38 working days but seems they are taking longer than anybody. It's a long long wait :-( :(

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Visa processing timeline from Delhi

Post by globalindian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:51 am

I am getting two contradicting message from the processing timelines of settlement Visa from UKBA India.

As per the 6 Dec 2013 timeline(latest):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sing-times their processing time for settlement visa is 41 working days.

However if you see the percentage distribution of total processing done from Delhi from the below link it gives a different message:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ableAnchor
Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
Settlement 2% 4% 11% 13% 13% 20% 86% 86% 100% 45

It says few of the Settlement visa decisions were made with 2 or 4 days (note it is not working day).

Not sure which one is accurate. Does the first options gives the average or minimum? Any idea? :?

juhi
United Kingdom

Post by juhi » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:08 am

I guess the difference is b'coz one is the timeline which is updated weekly and the other page contains the timeline for the month of october.
Btw I m also consistantly checking mine (VFS chennai) and they have speed up the process i. E from 59 days to 38 working days, which is quite good for us.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by globalindian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:35 pm

Thanks Juhi. That's a remarkable progress in Chennai. However I am still not able to understand if 38 days is average or minimum timeline.

globalindian
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Visa processing timeline from Delhi

Post by globalindian » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:43 pm

Hi Gurus,

Any thoughts from your end in terms of how these datas can be interpreted?
globalindian wrote:I am getting two contradicting message from the processing timelines of settlement Visa from UKBA India.

As per the 6 Dec 2013 timeline(latest):
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... sing-times their processing time for settlement visa is 41 working days.

However if you see the percentage distribution of total processing done from Delhi from the below link it gives a different message:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ableAnchor
Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
Settlement 2% 4% 11% 13% 13% 20% 86% 86% 100% 45

It says few of the Settlement visa decisions were made with 2 or 4 days (note it is not working day).

Not sure which one is accurate. Does the first options gives the average or minimum? Any idea? :?