ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan (Timeline Only)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

majestic1
Newly Registered

Post by majestic1 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:16 am

Salaam to all.

Congrats to the lucky ones getting visas.

Just a small update. It's now 7 months and 2 weeks since I have applied for my husbands visa. Still no news if it's on hold or what. Just says under process. So frustrating now. I wish they would tell us soon. Our little daughter is due for surgery next month and he really needs to be here.

We meet the financial requirements. Inshallah we will hear good news soon. Ameen.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 am

To Zaineb

If you have provided them with the correct amount of abnk statements they require, then they should overturn decision at review. However because BHC staff cant be bothered to look at reveiws, they sometimes send appeal bundle back saying they have not had time to look at review, thats what they did with our case.

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:00 am

TangoMike wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
TangoMike wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Actually my 6 months are up on the 22nd and I'm yet to hear about whats the situation off my case. I don't know if its on hold or just under process which the tracking service claims. If I don't hear anything by/on the 22/11 I will get a lawyer involved without a doubt.
Did u apply in June? My 24weeks are up on 22nd as well and not been told Its on hold but I have a feeling it is cos I was contracting before through an umbrella company. Every time I email to ask they say that enquiries are on going!

Don't know why they are taking so long!
No I applied on the 22/05/2013 and it changed to under process at BHC on 05/06/2013. I really don't know what's taking so long. Next week is the last week off the six months period unless my math is way off. Doubt anyone would hear anything until Monday because off the Marham holidays. Like they are working anyway 😒
If u don't mind me asking please could u tell me what Ur financial circumstances were wen u applied? Were u under permanent employment with salary over the threshold or contracting/self employed?

I think there's a delay due to financial requirements!
Well last year I became self-employed so after speaking to my lawyer I just sent my 6 Months Bank Statements, Copy of my Tax Return Form along with a letter from HMRC (SA302) which showed my total income for the year which was a little above £19000 so unless the BHC can't read their is no reason for them to put the application on hold for financial reason, but then again I wouldn't be surprised based on how many people have been through the same.

What caught me by surprise was when BHC sent a letter to the local council in Pakistan back in July to check if my marriage is registered, I thought that would be the last check but clearly now.

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:05 am

majestic1 wrote:Salaam to all.

Just a small update. It's now 7 months and 2 weeks since I have applied for my husbands visa. Still no news if it's on hold or what. Just says under process. So frustrating now. I wish they would tell us soon. Our little daughter is due for surgery next month and he really needs to be here.

We meet the financial requirements. Inshallah we will hear good news soon. Ameen.
Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatu Allah

I'm so surprised that you haven't heard anything as their processing time is 6 months MAX (from what I know anyway). I'm guessing you have already sent them emails with no response. How come you haven't involved a lawyer yet? I would recommend you do so he can right them a letter. This is against your and your daughters right! If their was a problem with your application then they should've informed you within 6 months but because they haven't you have a case against them!

I will In'sha'Allah pray for your daughter and will be fine In'sha'Allah

tallojani

Post by tallojani » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:34 am

I am sorry to have heard that your little girl is going through a surgery, may Allah swt make it easy for her and you. Am I right to presume you have been in touch with your MP and if MP cant help in your case then I would suggest you write a letter to Shadow Minister of Immigration because he/she would love to hear your story.
May Allah swt make it easy for us all

Sahar.ali22

Post by Sahar.ali22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:31 am

Hi, is anyone still waiting here from june? I applied on the 12 june but no response at all.

Congrats to all the people who recieved thier visa, pray for us that havent yet

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Thu Nov 14, 2013 11:34 am

Sahar.ali22 wrote:Hi, is anyone still waiting here from june? I applied on the 12 june but no response at all.

Waiting since 6th June!

Are u self employed/contracting or permanent employee?

Sahar.ali22

Post by Sahar.ali22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:08 pm

TangoMike wrote:
Sahar.ali22 wrote:Hi, is anyone still waiting here from june? I applied on the 12 june but no response at all.

Waiting since 6th June!

Im on a permanent contract, for both my jobs, do you think it might be
because I've been refused before, this is my second time applying.

TangoMike
United Kingdom

Post by TangoMike » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:02 pm

Sahar.ali22 wrote:
TangoMike wrote:

Waiting since 6th June!

No they assess each application on it's own merit. Why were u refused before?

I became a permanent employee from a contractor position during the time of application and was using an umbrella company which exploited tax loopholes, I have a feeling that is the reason for the delay, everything else is spot on!

Do both permanent jobs pay the right amount of Tax to HMRC?

Sahar.ali22

Post by Sahar.ali22 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:58 pm

TangoMike wrote:
Sahar.ali22 wrote:
TangoMike wrote:

Waiting since 6th June!

No they assess each application on it's own merit. Why were u refused before?

I became a permanent employee from a contractor position during the time of application and was using an umbrella company which exploited tax loopholes, I have a feeling that is the reason for the delay, everything else is spot on!

Do both permanent jobs pay the right amount of Tax to HMRC?
My full time does, i dont pay tax for the part time, since its only 20 hours per week.
I was refused because i only gave 3 months payslip, and my job letter didnt have my yearly income stated on it,

Sayedhashimi
Newly Registered

Re: spouse visa application

Post by Sayedhashimi » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:00 pm

Only_1_God wrote:My names Adil and im waiting for my wife to come from pakistan once her visa is granted. Anybody else waiting from july or had any results from july.

--------------------------------------------------
submit at Islamabad VAC on 26/07/2013
forward to Islamabad OC on 26/07/2013
under process at BHC on 13/08/2013
still waiting for RFC on --/--/-------

Me 2 from july but i hope there will be not longer for us any more

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:05 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Zaineb

If you have provided them with the correct amount of abnk statements they require, then they should overturn decision at review. However because BHC staff cant be bothered to look at reveiws, they sometimes send appeal bundle back saying they have not had time to look at review, thats what they did with our case.
Hello,

I have a feeling that it might get to that stage where they might not have the time to look at it. It is now going on to my 12th week, something so simple is taking such time. It's a waste of court's time for sending my appeal to court to prove these are my bank statements.

What happened in your case? Why did your application go into appeal?

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:16 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:

W/salaam

Hope you are well.

I'm really annoyed that they have not bothered to reply. I even sent a second email on Monday reminding them of my previous email sent on 13th Oct.

Have you appealed too?
Actually my 6 months are up on the 22nd and I'm yet to hear about whats the situation off my case. I don't know if its on hold or just under process which the tracking service claims. If I don't hear anything by/on the 22/11 I will get a lawyer involved without a doubt.
6 months?? OMG that is a long wait! Yes definitely get your lawyer involved if you still haven't heard anything soon. My husband's visa got refused over one point only, not providing bank statements....thanks to the consultant in Pakistan! We were only missing bank statements and have sent them 4 months ago. My husband's application is still under review.
I know :( I'm really praying she gets it. If she doesn't then I will be إن شاء الله flying to Pakistan next month but only down side to that is I REALLY don't want to come back without her. What's annoying is that the original email I sent had a standard reply about check being made and that was end off September. They also contacted the local council in Pakistan to check if our marriage was registered and that was in July I think. What is taking so long?
InshAllah I hope for the best for you and a good outcome. Why don't you send a complaint through or get your MP involved? Many people have done that, it's worth a try. They really need to change the process or speed up things and stick to timeframes! I'm going Pakistan too early next month for a couple of weeks, I saw my husband 9 months ago. I was thinking the same that I might be able to come back with him but I don't see that happening. InshAllah there still might be a chance for you to come back together with your wife.

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:19 pm

To Zaineb

With my husband case, they refused us because they didnt accept a results sheet for english requirement, when it clearly states on the website guidelines they do.

Even people with same refusal as us had either won appeal at review or at hearing. Unfortunately we were the unlucky ones. I even appealed to uppertribunal and they refused and then we got fed up and went for fresh application.

All i know that UKBA/BHC are unfair to applicants. They dont treat applicants equally at all. Not only that i think it might have something to do with the fact that they are decriminating against pakistani applicants. I even sent them applicants appeal numbers who had decisions overturned at review. All they said was its up to the court.

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:57 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Zaineb

With my husband case, they refused us because they didnt accept a results sheet for english requirement, when it clearly states on the website guidelines they do.

Even people with same refusal as us had either won appeal at review or at hearing. Unfortunately we were the unlucky ones. I even appealed to uppertribunal and they refused and then we got fed up and went for fresh application.

All i know that UKBA/BHC are unfair to applicants. They dont treat applicants equally at all. Not only that i think it might have something to do with the fact that they are decriminating against pakistani applicants. I even sent them applicants appeal numbers who had decisions overturned at review. All they said was its up to the court.
I really do feel for you! You went through all of this but yet got nowhere. The whole process is unfair, it's further annoying that they can get away with things. They are playing with people's life and I bet more than half of the people sat behind those desks at BHC looking at applications have no clue or the experience to know what's what!

Refusing people on stupid reasons and then making people wait either months or years is very frustrating! It's all money making tactics and because they are getting away with it and have no one to answer to they think it's all fine and part of their stupid process.

I'm just worried about my appeal now, GOD knows what is going to happen! Knowing how BHC work I will end up going to court over bank statement!!

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:43 pm

To Zainab

Finally realised im spelling your name wrong lol. Hopefully you wont have to go through what i did. Insha Allah it will work out for you. Besides even if they dont look at review atleast you'll know you'll win them in court.

I know how your feeling right now. Try not to worry about it. Whats going to happen, will happen. In the meantime pray and pray to Allah that decision gets overturned at review.

Oh and i forgot to mention even at our hearing the BHC representative admitted mistake and still the judge did not rule in my favour.

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:57 pm

Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
6 months?? OMG that is a long wait! Yes definitely get your lawyer involved if you still haven't heard anything soon. My husband's visa got refused over one point only, not providing bank statements....thanks to the consultant in Pakistan! We were only missing bank statements and have sent them 4 months ago. My husband's application is still under review.
I know :( I'm really praying she gets it. If she doesn't then I will be إن شاء الله flying to Pakistan next month but only down side to that is I REALLY don't want to come back without her. What's annoying is that the original email I sent had a standard reply about check being made and that was end off September. They also contacted the local council in Pakistan to check if our marriage was registered and that was in July I think. What is taking so long?
InshAllah I hope for the best for you and a good outcome. Why don't you send a complaint through or get your MP involved? Many people have done that, it's worth a try. They really need to change the process or speed up things and stick to timeframes! I'm going Pakistan too early next month for a couple of weeks, I saw my husband 9 months ago. I was thinking the same that I might be able to come back with him but I don't see that happening. InshAllah there still might be a chance for you to come back together with your wife.
I just don't see a point off getting a MP involved. From what I have read, everyone who has here got no where. I'm just waiting for the 6 months to be over before I get a lawyer involved because that way they have completed their 6 months timeline without any communication. I'm just going to continue my prayer and ins'ha'Allah we will get an answer by the end off next week.

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:00 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:To Zainab

Finally realised im spelling your name wrong lol. Hopefully you wont have to go through what i did. Insha Allah it will work out for you. Besides even if they dont look at review atleast you'll know you'll win them in court.

I know how your feeling right now. Try not to worry about it. Whats going to happen, will happen. In the meantime pray and pray to Allah that decision gets overturned at review.

Oh and i forgot to mention even at our hearing the BHC representative admitted mistake and still the judge did not rule in my favour.
lol don't worry it's fine, I didn't notice that you spelt my name wrong. InshAllah I hope it gets overturned and like you said what will happen will happen!

Typical of BHC and the judge! So when did you put a fresh application in? How long have you been waiting?

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:04 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
I just don't see a point off getting a MP involved. From what I have read, everyone who has here got no where. I'm just waiting for the 6 months to be over before I get a lawyer involved because that way they have completed their 6 months timeline without any communication. I'm just going to continue my prayer and ins'ha'Allah we will get an answer by the end off next week.
Keep praying and hope for a positive result soon :) Keep me posted and let me know how you get on. I'm just looking forward to visiting my husband now, hopefully take my mind off this for a few weeks. By the time I come back I should get a decision either way.

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:27 pm

Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Keep praying and hope for a positive result soon :) Keep me posted and let me know how you get on. I'm just looking forward to visiting my husband now, hopefully take my mind off this for a few weeks. By the time I come back I should get a decision either way.
إن شاء الله I will keep you posted and we will get positive news soon. I convinced my wife I'm coming in January so can't wait to surprise her. Even tho I'm really exited, in the back off my mind I still can't stop thinking I might have to come back without her which is painful. Why can't the just give an answer already 😒

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:45 pm

ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
إن شاء الله I will keep you posted and we will get positive news soon. I convinced my wife I'm coming in January so can't wait to surprise her. Even tho I'm really exited, in the back off my mind I still can't stop thinking I might have to come back without her which is painful. Why can't the just give an answer already 😒
Ameen :)
Just keep thinking about going to see your wife, look forward to it and I know it won't be easy. But enjoy the time together and InshaAllah before you know it she will be here soon, and you never know she may well come back with you :)

ALWAYSHOPE
Member of Standing

Post by ALWAYSHOPE » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:06 pm

Zainab26 wrote:

lol don't worry it's fine, I didn't notice that you spelt my name wrong. InshAllah I hope it gets overturned and like you said what will happen will happen!

Typical of BHC and the judge! So when did you put a fresh application in? How long have you been waiting?
I submitted end of September. I havent been waiting that long, but i am just worried about the outcome.

ADUANWAR

Post by ADUANWAR » Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:08 pm

Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:
ADUANWAR wrote:
Ameen :)
Just keep thinking about going to see your wife, look forward to it and I know it won't be easy. But enjoy the time together and InshaAllah before you know it she will be here soon, and you never know she may well come back with you :)[/quote]

إن شاء الله for everyone ☺️

majestic1
Newly Registered

Post by majestic1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:39 am

tallojani wrote:

I am sorry to have heard that your little girl is going through a surgery, may Allah swt make it easy for her and you. Am I right to presume you have been in touch with your MP and if MP cant help in your case then I would suggest you write a letter to Shadow Minister of Immigration because he/she would love to hear your story.

Yes we have got our mp involved. Just waiting for him to tell us something good. I'm going to get a lawyer and shadow minister involved as well. I haven't seen my husband since last year and he hasn't seen our daughter either. I don't understand why they are taking so long.
Yes plz pray for our daughter and that my husband gets his visa really soon.
Inshallah all our prayers will be heard and we all get our visa granted for our loved ones.

Zainab26
Newly Registered

Post by Zainab26 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:37 pm

ALWAYSHOPE wrote:
Zainab26 wrote:

I submitted end of September. I havent been waiting that long, but i am just worried about the outcome.
Hope it goes well for you this time InshaAllah!