ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(O) Discretionary Leave waiting times ..??

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 am

bishop007 wrote:I've just been asked to provide more documents yet again!!. I was sent a letter by the Sheffield office for additional documents to be sent to the case worker before on the 28th of October which i managed to get few of them. And on the 29th of October i got a call from my solicitor that the case worker rang her and asked for my prove of address of which i
clearly explain that i'm staying with mates, and that he/she wants the document so he/she can make a decision that week, so cant provide mine, but my mate provided his British passport(photocopies), bank statement,a utility bill, work complimentary card and a letter stating a live there and also have my daughter there every other weekends. On the 14th of November got a call again from my solicitor telling me they sent a letter again from the case worker asking for same document i sent previously...
AND that's a letter from my daughter's school stating who takes her to school and picks her up, a letter from the GP who to call in case of emergency and also a letter from my daughter's mum, stating my role in our daughter's life..
WHAT ELSE DO THIS PEOPLE WANT AGAIN!!!
I definitely agree with Verbina right there. It's a psychological and mental torture at this stage. Please it's not the right time to start falling apart with these requests. I am pretty sure they are fishing for inconsistencies, don't play into their hands now cos you are almost at the finish line. God is your strength. Almost there sir, almost there.

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:28 am

verbina wrote:
bishop007 wrote:I've just been asked to provide more documents yet again!!. I was sent a letter by the Sheffield office for additional documents to be sent to the case worker before on the 28th of October which i managed to get few of them. And on the 29th of October i got a call from my solicitor that the case worker rang her and asked for my prove of address of which i
clearly explain that i'm staying with mates, and that he/she wants the document so he/she can make a decision that week, so cant provide mine, but my mate provided his British passport(photocopies), bank statement,a utility bill, work complimentary card and a letter stating a live there and also have my daughter there every other weekends. On the 14th of November got a call again from my solicitor telling me they sent a letter again from the case worker asking for same document i sent previously...
AND that's a letter from my daughter's school stating who takes her to school and picks her up, a letter from the GP who to call in case of emergency and also a letter from my daughter's mum, stating my role in our daughter's life..
Oh God thats too much! Well at least your case is deffo under ACTIVE consideration and looking very very positive as they are unlikely to invest this much time and effort otherwise! Just send them whatever the asking for again I suppose! Nearly there!!
Yeah nearly there, got the letter through the post just now:
1.Letter from your daughter's GP/dentist stating any appointments you have accompanied her.
2. Letter from your daughter's school detailing what role you have in your daughter's education e.g, attendance at parents evenings, sports days, assemblies etc.
3. Documentary evidence to prove your current address e.g tenancy agreements, utility bills etc. This evidence should be from official sources and addressed to you by name. If you do not have a tenancy agreement pr staying at someone else's house, a letter from the property-owner and documentary evidence in their name. The evidence should cover at least 6 months.

thats what they want now, which when they first asked this, i sent them a letter from my daughter's school and its states the school bus takes them to and fro school cuz of the distance and i also states and submitted a a documents that i live with a mate and he provided his bank statement, bills and photocopy of his passport!...i live in London and my daughter lives with her mum in another town...and ive only been a parents meeting, never sports days or assembly!

bishop007
Newly Registered

Post by bishop007 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:33 am

dapsonlee wrote:
I definitely agree with Verbina right there. It's a psychological and mental torture at this stage. Please it's not the right time to start falling apart with these requests. I am pretty sure they are fishing for inconsistencies, don't play into their hands now cos you are almost at the finish line. God is your strength. Almost there sir, almost there.

Thanks to you both, this is the 3rd time in 3 weeks i have got a letters and call from them, and they just asking same thing really...the school picks the kids from their individual homes and drops them back there, so no parents at the assembly!...And that was clearly stated in the letter from the school the first time

naba

Post by naba » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:42 am

Good morning friends. Hope you are keeping well.

Just to let you know that I have received a letter for hearing and my solicitor said that will be a 'pre-hearing' for the appeal permission. The letter states, ' ...at that substantive hearing the issue of validity be decided; and that at least 14 days prior to the substantive hearing the Respondent lodge with the tribunal and serve upon the Appellant any information showing that the correct fee was not paid'.

Can anyone advice me about how it works please? Would the hearing be only for the appeal permission or for the case as well? If I don't get the appeal permission what will be the next? The hearing will be in mid 2014. God bless.

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:44 am

bishop007 wrote:
dapsonlee wrote:

Thanks to you both, this is the 3rd time in 3 weeks i have got a letters and call from them, and they just asking same thing really...the school picks the kids from their individual homes and drops them back there, so no parents at the assembly!...And that was clearly stated in the letter from the school the first time
Yeah, I see what you mean about the school bus... Okay, in this case just write a good letter and explain everything in detail. Also explain that your friend confirmed that you are currently staying with him and your daughter visits every fortnight. Take your time with the letter, make it as detailed as possible! Good luck!!
"You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star."

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:46 am

naba wrote:Good morning friends. Hope you are keeping well.

Just to let you know that I have received a letter for hearing and my solicitor said that will be a 'pre-hearing' for the appeal permission. The letter states, ' ...at that substantive hearing the issue of validity be decided; and that at least 14 days prior to the substantive hearing the Respondent lodge with the tribunal and serve upon the Appellant any information showing that the correct fee was not paid'.

Can anyone advice me about how it works please? Would the hearing be only for the appeal permission or for the case as well? If I don't get the appeal permission what will be the next? The hearing will be in mid 2014. God bless.
I have absolutely no idea my love, let our wise folk enlighten us.
But congrats on getting things moving!!!!

naba

Post by naba » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:53 am

verbina wrote:
naba wrote:Good morning friends. Hope you are keeping well.

I have absolutely no idea my love, let our wise folk enlighten us.
But congrats on getting things moving!!!!
Thank you hun. Yeah it's moving...I was expecting the appeal permission but things happen differently. Now need a better idea about the process. I look forward to hearing from our experienced folk. xx

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:54 pm

HI Guys
just sharing the gud news with you guys. God has done it! HO has finally decided to grant me a stay. after so much years of waiting and fighting.

I pray God will answer as many deserving people on this forum. as he alone knows wat we go thru.

and thanks 2 everyone who gave me advice and support. bless ya!

verbina
Russia

Post by verbina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:07 pm

trendy201 wrote:HI Guys
just sharing the gud news with you guys. God has done it! HO has finally decided to grant me a stay. after so much years of waiting and fighting.

I pray God will answer as many deserving people on this forum. as he alone knows wat we go thru.

Woop woop! Congratulations!!! All the best for you and your family!

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:08 pm

[quote="trendy201"]HI Guys

and thanks 2 everyone who gave me advice and support. bless ya![/quote

Congratulations trendy! Wow seem like Santa came early this year lovely gift from the home office to you and your family. Good luck and enjoy your new earned freedom!

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:10 pm

Congratulations trendy201!!!!!!
Can you please tell us when you applied and on what grounds etc as always helpful to the rest on here?

trendy201
Newly Registered

Post by trendy201 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:48 pm

Congratulations trendy201!!!!!!
Can you please tell us when you applied and on what grounds etc as always helpful to the rest on here?[/quote]

Hi. I originally applied in 2009 as unmarried partner of a British citizen and mother of a British child. which was refused in 2011 and then put in a reconsideration in 2011.
they requested more evidence in july 2013 and then granted nw.

my advice to any one refused is no to reconsideration route as they do not even consider you as an application. they can take as long as they wnt. unless you ve patience to wait.

rina
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by rina » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:42 pm

trendy201 wrote:Congratulations trendy201!!!!!!
Can you please tell us when you applied and on what grounds etc as always helpful to the rest on here?
Hi. I originally applied in 2009 as unmarried partner of a British citizen and mother of a British child. which was refused in 2011 and then put in a reconsideration in 2011.
they requested more evidence in july 2013 and then granted nw.

my advice to any one refused is no to reconsideration route as they do not even consider you as an application. they can take as long as they wnt. unless you ve patience to wait.[/quote]

nooooooooooooooo way thats really worrying.... Now thats a long battle.

Did you ever send a pap?

elastep

Post by elastep » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:21 am

11akb wrote:
elastep wrote:
11akb wrote:hello everyone any idea how long judicial review cases take time from the date you submit ?? regards
Hello everyone!! :) I hope you all have a wonderful day!
@11akb
I know some people have waited for over 6 months or more because the Treasury Solicitor ask for 21 days extension 3x before they get a decision or go to court.
In my case I have been very fortunate that my PAP and JR application have been done within less than 6 weeks and I'm waiting for decision from the court which might take upto 8weeks to get. I hope that the TS will not ask for extention because I will not give it to them but I worry that they might get it from the court. Hope this helps.
hi elastep thanks for info its really help i have 2 question for you first is that y treasury solicitor ask for extension ?is there any reason ? and second ques is did u applied from london for JR ? i done pap and my solicitor send a application for jr this monday another fight start for survival ..........
Hello everyone I hope all is well.

@11aka
1) TS have not asked me for extension yet and if they do I will not allow it. They ask for extention because they need time to see if they can reconsider your case or to prepare for court. If you are ever aske to withdraw your JR case from court or not to proceed with the JR, tell them that if they give you a written statement comforming that your issue will be dealt with within a certain time frame and they reach their decision on time then you will comply with their request. I heard of a cases where some people were told to withdraw their JR and their case will be reconsiderd and the instruction was followed and this people case took 3 to 4 month just for them to get refusal letter again and they had to start JR all over again when if they had not withdrawn their cases, they would have won and claimed their cost from HO.
2)Yes my solicitor filed for JR in London that is why any more corespondence from me have to go to Field House. I hope this helps and stay blessed.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

elastep

Post by elastep » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:26 am

@trendy201
Congratulations and Jubilation!! :lol: :D :D indeed.
Wishing you a wonderful future.
Application: flro ECHR article 8
applied: 12/12/2012.
Bio done: April 2013
Refused dated: 22 May 2013
PAP: 18/09/2013
JR: 03/10/2013
Outcome:

Only God knows what tomorrow may give birth to.

smatts07

Post by smatts07 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:16 am

Hi everyone, I haven't been on this for a while. I was denied at the end of September with right to appeal. I sent off my appeal and have heard no correspondence. To those who have appealed how quickly did you have correspondence and how quickly did they take money out for the fee?

it would be just my luck that it would get lost in the post =(

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:50 am

Good morning Beautiful crew,

Hope all is well with you and I thank God for the good news He sent to trendy and ontothenext.All the best and may you enjoy your freedom!For its been another week full of God's mercy and grace.A letter was sent out to the Bounty Amoebas who are looking for x-mas bonuses and also found out a PAP has been sent out.All the this time thought the JR was put forward.So,I pray that God performs His miracles that they reverse their first decision of refusal and grant me a stay!My Heavenly Father knows my struggles and I trust that He will do it for me and you....yes,you!!

@Dapsonlee...reckon can help you draft compassionate grounds letter,we can brain-storm.God will give you wisdom and guidance.You're about to receive your stay in Jesus name!

@Verbs...Hi my honey,I pray by Dec you will be having your stay!Don't let the amoebas get into you.We are destined for greater things in life!

@Smatts...Appeal supposed to take 6 to 8 weeks but in the amoebas standards can take more than 12weeks.However,they will respond to you soon.

Shout out to God Authority,Ale 001,Believe,Kukuwife,Nile,Rina and all bloggers forgot to mention.Keep the faith y'all!!

Keisha

Post by Keisha » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 am

Ooopsy just remembered some names...*waves*

@Godgives...how's the going??
@Elastep...I pray that you get to tell the Amoebas that God is granting you a stay by fire by force!

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:17 am

[quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="ontothenext"]Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless[/quote]

Congrats to @ontothenext. I wish you well. @ Verbina, keep on keeping on. It is well! To everyone else, hang on in there. Just to let you guys know that that I submitted my PAP and have given them the usual 2 weeks in writing for them to do something but I will actually give them 3 weeks before I put in a JR. We'll see what they come up with and will keep you posted![/quote]

@nilemarques Oh well done for getting your PAP letter together!! So the countdown began.... Pray to God it lands on the desk of a sensible senior caseworker and you get a prompt reconsideration![/quote]

@Verbina, thanks. Yeah, the countdown begins. Sincerely hope hope it does land land on someone's desk who has a bit of decency. My prayers are with you as well.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:29 am

nilemarques wrote:
verbina wrote:
nilemarques wrote:
ontothenext wrote:Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless
Congrats to @ontothenext. I wish you well. @ Verbina, keep on keeping on. It is well! To everyone else, hang on in there. Just to let you guys know that that I submitted my PAP and have given them the usual 2 weeks in writing for them to do something but I will actually give them 3 weeks before I put in a JR. We'll see what they come up with and will keep you posted!
@nilemarques Oh well done for getting your PAP letter together!! So the countdown began.... Pray to God it lands on the desk of a sensible senior caseworker and you get a prompt reconsideration!
@Verbina, thanks. Yeah, the countdown begins. Sincerely hope hope it does land land on someone's desk who has a bit of decency. My prayers are with you as well.

Your so close to the end Nile, it would have been a total victory if they granted a lot of us here at once before Xmas lol "Xmas wish". It is in the journey we find out how strong we really are. We well get there in Jesus name. God bless you.

dapsonlee
Member of Standing

Post by dapsonlee » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:37 am

Keisha wrote:Good morning Beautiful crew,

Hope all is well with you and I thank God for the good news He sent to trendy and ontothenext.All the best and may you enjoy your freedom!For its been another week full of God's mercy and grace.A letter was sent out to the Bounty Amoebas who are looking for x-mas bonuses and also found out a PAP has been sent out.All the this time thought the JR was put forward.So,I pray that God performs His miracles that they reverse their first decision of refusal and grant me a stay!My Heavenly Father knows my struggles and I trust that He will do it for me and you....yes,you!!

@Dapsonlee...reckon can help you draft compassionate grounds letter,we can brain-storm.God will give you wisdom and guidance.You're about to receive your stay in Jesus name!

@Verbs...Hi my honey,I pray by Dec you will be having your stay!Don't let the amoebas get into you.We are destined for greater things in life!

@Smatts...Appeal supposed to take 6 to 8 weeks but in the amoebas standards can take more than 12weeks.However,they will respond to you soon.

Shout out to God Authority,Ale 001,Believe,Kukuwife,Nile,Rina and all bloggers forgot to mention.Keep the faith y'all!!

Thank you Keisha. Your prayers have not gone in vain. Like they say, God might not show up on time but again he is never late and I am sure our testimonies are just around the corner. I believe in my heart you do not have long to wait. Once again thank you. I don't mind the idea of brain storming like tesco's motto "every little helps". Verbz gave me some pointers pls just PM me and I will be happy to take on board what I can add. The deadline they give, there is never enough time!

ale001

Post by ale001 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:08 pm

Tomorrow is the final week the UKBA promised to dispatch me a decision

Father Lord, let your will be done this week !

Really really scared... :? :? :? :? :idea:
Last edited by ale001 on Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ale001

nilemarques
Member of Standing

Post by nilemarques » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:27 pm

[quote="dapsonlee"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="verbina"][quote="nilemarques"][quote="ontothenext"]Thanks to everyone on this forum, I have just been granted 3 years discretionary leave. Applied based on parent of a British Citizen, they requested for additional documents last week,sent it on Thursday and Lawyer got biometric card today.
May God answer everyone.
Love you all. God bless[/quote]

Congrats to @ontothenext. I wish you well. @ Verbina, keep on keeping on. It is well! To everyone else, hang on in there. Just to let you guys know that that I submitted my PAP and have given them the usual 2 weeks in writing for them to do something but I will actually give them 3 weeks before I put in a JR. We'll see what they come up with and will keep you posted![/quote]

@nilemarques Oh well done for getting your PAP letter together!! So the countdown began.... Pray to God it lands on the desk of a sensible senior caseworker and you get a prompt reconsideration![/quote]

@Verbina, thanks. Yeah, the countdown begins. Sincerely hope hope it does land land on someone's desk who has a bit of decency. My prayers are with you as well.[/quote]

Your so close to the end Nile, it would have been a total victory if they granted a lot of us here at once before Xmas lol "Xmas wish". It is in the journey we find out how strong we really are. We well get there in Jesus name. God bless you.[/quote]

Thanks Dapsonlee! It surely would be a great Xmas present for everybody! But knowing the 'Amoeba's' as Keisha's(cyber wave to you dear) would rightly say, they would try to make it as miserable as possible!! Lol!! As a forum family, we're as strong as we could ever be and they are not going to put us down. Anyway, once you're down on the ground, you can't pick up nothing else but dust. Now we're dusting ourselves off and fighting back. As you said Dapsonlee, we'll get there in Jesus' name. A resounding Amen to that. A big shout out to everybody out ther in cyberland and congrats to those granted!!

GodGives
Member of Standing

Post by GodGives » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:22 pm

Keisha wrote:Ooopsy just remembered some names...*waves*

@Godgives...how's the going??
@Elastep...I pray that you get to tell the Amoebas that God is granting you a stay by fire by force!
Waves to you. Waiting to hear back from the tribunal
Godgives

CrystalNewbie
Mood:
Malawi

Congratulations

Post by CrystalNewbie » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:40 am

@trendy and ontothenext...congratulations....The Lord is good and faithful and I know he will be faithful to those of us still waiting and those appealing. I pray that this week brings good news and we thank God in advance.