ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self employed since April, don't have SA statement

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:23 pm

pereguinn wrote:Sorry to nitpick it's just I've seen stories on here where people applied or submitted evidence on the advice of NCS or lawyers and then were rejected based on that evidence.
Where have you seen stories? It would be hard to believe an application is refused based on not providing employment related documentation.

Employment is not a requirement. Paying tax is not a requirement. The HO wants to check that your tax affairs are in order as part of the Good Character criteria but not submitting such evidence is not a reason for refusal. If the caseworker feels it is required, he can check directly with HMRC or contact the applicant and ask for more evidence.

UKnow

Post by UKnow » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:13 pm

[quote="pereguinn"]Thanks for your help UKnow! My pleasure

Just to confirm, you were self employed not a director of your own limited company, you didn't submit a self assessment statement of account and now your citizenship application has been approved?
No, I was and still am a limited company director ( classified as both self employed and/or employee as I take directer salary from the company

I took the self assessment statement for the last year but they did not need it

My citizenship application is not approved yet, I am still waiting as I applied in the first week of October.
UKnow

pereguinn
Newly Registered

Post by pereguinn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks for clearing everything up for me, and good luck with your application!

pereguinn
Newly Registered

Post by pereguinn » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Jambo wrote:
pereguinn wrote:Sorry to nitpick it's just I've seen stories on here where people applied or submitted evidence on the advice of NCS or lawyers and then were rejected based on that evidence.
Where have you seen stories? It would be hard to believe an application is refused based on not providing employment related documentation.

Employment is not a requirement. Paying tax is not a requirement. The HO wants to check that your tax affairs are in order as part of the Good Character criteria but not submitting such evidence is not a reason for refusal. If the caseworker feels it is required, he can check directly with HMRC or contact the applicant and ask for more evidence.
Hi Jambo, I meant to say that I've read threads on this forum where someone was told to state something/supply evidence or withhold from stating something/supplying evidence upon the recommendation of a lawyer or NCS and consequently been rejected because of that advice. I didn't mean it specifically relating to employment.

I can't link to these threads because I've spent a long time on this forum reading various people's stories and can't remember which is which anymore.

I'm sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions or a lot of the same question it's just that every time I've spoken to CS from HO they all say that it's my responsibility to provide all the evidence they ask for and if I don't then my application will either be delayed or rejected.

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by tomgodcat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:15 pm

UKnow wrote:
pereguinn wrote:Thanks for your help UKnow! My pleasure

Just to confirm, you were self employed not a director of your own limited company, you didn't submit a self assessment statement of account and now your citizenship application has been approved?
No, I was and still am a limited company director ( classified as both self employed and/or employee as I take directer salary from the company

I took the self assessment statement for the last year but they did not need it

My citizenship application is not approved yet, I am still waiting as I applied in the first week of October.

I faced the same situation, and the NCS told me it wasn't necessary to provide the self assessment statement account....I wonder if your application has been approved...thank you bro...

tomgodcat
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by tomgodcat » Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:18 pm

pereguinn wrote:Thanks for your help UKnow!

Sorry to nitpick it's just I've seen stories on here where people applied or submitted evidence on the advice of NCS or lawyers and then were rejected based on that evidence.

I faced the same situation, and the NCS told me it wasn't necessary to provide the self assessment statement account....I wonder if your application has been approved yet?...thank you