ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

what happen if my husband lose his job after eu visa app

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

annoyed2013

what happen if my husband lose his job after eu visa app

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:54 pm

Guys please i need your help and advice.. I submitted my eu visa application 2weeks ago and now my husband has been told that he s sacked. I submitted his work contract and first payslip
What shall I do now?
Tell the immigration?
Wait for them to contact me and tell them while he tries to get another one?
Please help

iluvireland

job

Post by iluvireland » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:37 pm

first try to find another job and update all document ,,,,to immigration. if not you shuld let them know your husband lost job and trying to find new one, becouse they will ring your employer to confarm job ,

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:40 pm

Thanks for ur answer I see. He s trying to find another one but as u know it doesn t come over night. It takes time. Shall I wait for them to send me back my docs? After how long u think I need to tell them if he doesn t get a job?

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:38 pm

when did you apply ? did you get temp stamp 4 yet?

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:13 pm

Not yet i applied 2weeks ago

iluvireland

job lost

Post by iluvireland » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:42 pm

i think better get the temp stamp 4 first then let them know or send them new job details ,,,,later.

annoyed2013

Post by annoyed2013 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:26 pm

Thanks for your help ilueireland .I ll do that then
If anybody else has been through this matter please share your experience

Brigid from Ireland
Member of Standing

Post by Brigid from Ireland » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 pm

There is some very good news.

Your husband had a payslip, so he has transferred his rights as a worker to Ireland. It is now critical for your sake that he complies with obligations imposed on a worker who loses his job. He can hopefully retain the rights of a worker by following these steps:
1. Claim for unemployment payments at the social welfare office
2. Register with FAS as someone who is looking for work
3. Comply with the requirements of the above two offices - basically keep a record of looking for work and attend any meeting in these offices as required.

If he has enough work prsi paid in his other EU country (like the UK) then he may be entitled to benefit money. If he does not have enough work before he came to Ireland his claim will be for assistance money. There is a means test and a habitual residence requirement for assistance, so he must state that it is his intention to remain in Ireland for life (this intention may change, naturally, if he gets a job somewhere else like the UK, but at present he intends to stay in Ireland for life). This is important.

If you tell me how many weeks your husband has worked in the UK in total over his life, plus how many weeks in the years 2010, 2011 and 2012 I can tell you if he will get benefit (which is easier to get than assistance). You can send this by private message if you wish.
BL