ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for ILR... then received a court notice

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krcran06
Newly Registered

Applied for ILR... then received a court notice

Post by krcran06 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:30 pm

Two traffic offenses for driving not in coordination with my license and invalid insurance. Officers statement includes that I do have a USA license which is not valid as its been more than a year (didn't realize) and I am a named person on the insurance.

Per the criminality rules I had submitted my application before I was charged (the accident happened the same week the application went off) so I did not have anything for 24 months before. I am also a teacher and youth sports coach so I know I have multiple clean CRB's over the last 2 years that were submitted with my application.

I have been advised by friends to plead guilty but appear in court to explain the circumstances and that fact my financial situation is difficult now as we spent all our savings on fixing the two vehicles involved.

I am concerned pleading guilty will affect my ILR although it has already been submitted before any of this went through. I am sick to my stomach with worry and the fact they may not even look at the application for months doesn't help! (Although they did take the money right away)

malathil
Newly Registered

Re: Applied for ILR... then received a court notice

Post by malathil » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:42 pm

krcran06 wrote:Two traffic offenses for driving not in coordination with my license and invalid insurance. Officers statement includes that I do have a USA license which is not valid as its been more than a year (didn't realize) and I am a named person on the insurance.

Per the criminality rules I had submitted my application before I was charged (the accident happened the same week the application went off) so I did not have anything for 24 months before. I am also a teacher and youth sports coach so I know I have multiple clean CRB's over the last 2 years that were submitted with my application.

I have been advised by friends to plead guilty but appear in court to explain the circumstances and that fact my financial situation is difficult now as we spent all our savings on fixing the two vehicles involved.

I am concerned pleading guilty will affect my ILR although it has already been submitted before any of this went through. I am sick to my stomach with worry and the fact they may not even look at the application for months doesn't help! (Although they did take the money right away)
If your case is not recorded by the police, then you will be fine. Otherwise it is at the mercy of the case worker. There were people who were at similar situation and got their ILR. I wish you good luck.

krcran06
Newly Registered

Post by krcran06 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:58 pm

My first visa came through in days (sent off on a Monday, received back on a Wednesday from the NY office!)... we think this partially may have to do with myself being MOD vetted before for research and family connections in the government and military....

Now just need to get this court case settled... it may help I have a city police officer appearing as my character witness (although with it all going on I am convinced I will end up with an ulcer by Christmas)