ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR on the basis of PGDip

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mal-uk
Newly Registered

ILR on the basis of PGDip

Post by mal-uk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:29 pm

Hello,

I have got my Tier1 General on the basis of PGDip and in April 2014 my ILR is due but now i am bit confused that whether there will be a problem due to PGDip for my ILR.

All members views will be appreciated.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:53 pm

Also explain what's bothering you?
Statutory Warning:Members are advised to make thorough inquiries before acting upon any description displayed on my behalf.
Skydrives, Templates

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:39 pm

thanks for reply.

Actually, PB calculator is not recognising and awarding any points for thePGDiploma qualification but was at the time of applying tier 1. Also, advise i have to appear for english proven test or not? as at tier 1 time english language was awarded 10 points.

legend786

Post by legend786 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 pm

If you claimed points for english at that time then you no need to do that but life in uk test Yes you have to do it but i'm not sure whether HO will grant you ponits for your PGD if it's not on their calculater

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:14 pm

yes, that a raeson of concering . but i spoke to one consultant and he gave me positive answer that if at the time of tier 1 entry clearence and at extension they gave you point then they have to approve this time as well but still i am concerend. any comments for seniors plz.

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:53 pm

Is any one here on the the same boat?

MBU001
Newly Registered

same case

Post by MBU001 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:22 pm

Hello buddy,

i am in the same boat as you. I have same concern and phoned HO numerous times. They have mentioned the following.

It must be academic qualification,NOT vocational or professional
It must be taught in English
It must be classed as degree level.
Must be from UK institute ( if not then need to get approved by UK NARIC)

I have got my Tier 1 on the basis of same qualification and i am applying on the basis of 10 years and i go the positive answers in 4 different calls to HO today.

I was advised by HO to add the letter from the university stating exactly as i have mentioned above.
Now i have requested from my UK university to provide me the letter and waiting for that then i will be sending the letter along with my certificate.

Can you call the HO on 08706067766 and see what they say and do update me and keep in touch..

You can call and discuss as we have the same issue, call me.
PM so i can give you my number.

CHEERS

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Don't worry guys you will be awarded the same points for your qualification ( PGD) as you was awarded in your initial or extension applications for Tier 1 General.

Check your previous approval letters .... UKBA awarded points and consider it equal to a UK Bachelor degree.

Chill out and just take care of your earnings documentation if this applicable to you.

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Hi Friends. thanks for your kind advise.

i have already contacted HO and still in touch with some solicitors and consultants and all of them are agreed on the same point that Qualifiaction points will be awarded as of initial application.

2 out of 5 are agreed that i have to appear for english proven test for safe side. that why Still gethering information.

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:57 pm

AUHS what do you advise for English test.

MBU001
Newly Registered

Post by MBU001 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:05 pm

mal-uk ,,Once you get any update, please post to share and if i get any i will do the same. BTW i agree that we will be awarded points but for safe side get the letter from your university as well.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:43 pm

Your qualification will cover the English points well as it is from the UK institute however you will need Life in the uk test.

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:45 pm

I agreed what u means to say but due to conflict between statements from HO and consultants I m bit curious now to get the specific answer to avoid any hessle in future at the time of application or uless someone from our boat got the ILR and share his success with us.

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Sat Nov 16, 2013 7:50 am

I know couple of peoples who got their ILR with PGD.another frind of mine applied last month and his application is in process.Will update the thread.

UKBA is only interested in your earnings and you will be granted the same pointes in ILR or Extension application for Tier 1 Gen.

mal-uk
Newly Registered

Post by mal-uk » Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:46 pm

that's good. Could you please ask your friend to update us accordingly or if possible advise me your contact no so i will keep in touch with you to get latest info. many thanks for your advise AUHS.