ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paty35
Newly Registered

flro

Post by paty35 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:43 pm

documents submitted pls

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:39 pm

I got the COA this morning following my fresh application on the 22nd Oct....even though the case worker asked that I complete another one which was posted on Monday. This one is worded differently from the one I received in July. The one included the paragraph about taking up employment unlike the first one. This seems all positive and in good direction.

My question is could this COA be used to apply for provisional driving licence?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:33 pm

Topsibelle wrote:My question is could this COA be used to apply for provisional driving licence?
No. It needs to be a photo ID. The CoA doesn't fulfill any of those two requirements.

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:40 pm

Ok. Thanks Jambo.

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:04 pm

Jambo wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:My question is could this COA be used to apply for provisional driving licence?
No. It needs to be a photo ID. The CoA doesn't fulfill any of those two requirements.
Good evening jambo. I was thinking the COA from home office with a valid passport can be used to process the provisional driving licence. A friend of mine said he used the coa and his valid nigerian passport and completed a form from post office and paid
Am not sure maybe £50 or 55.

Thanks

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:19 pm

bigboy2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:
Good evening jambo. I was thinking the COA from home office with a valid passport can be used to process the provisional driving licence. A friend of mine said he used the coa and his valid nigerian passport and completed a form from post office and paid

Thanks
A passport is a photo ID and so can be used for provisional licence. A CoA on its own can't.

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:30 pm

Jambo wrote:
bigboy2007 wrote:
Jambo wrote:

Thanks
A passport is a photo ID and so can be used for provisional licence. A CoA on its own can't.
Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it much. Like u said a valid passport with d coa can do much better. Enjoy a nice nite

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Topsibelle wrote:I got the COA this morning following my fresh application on the 22nd Oct....even though the case worker asked that I complete another one which was posted on Monday. This one is worded differently from the one I received in July. The one included the paragraph about taking up employment unlike the first one. This seems all positive and in good direction.

Topsibelle like jambo has rightly said, u need a valid passport with the coa for provisional driving licence.
Nice nite

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Topsibelle wrote:I got the COA this morning following my fresh application on the 22nd Oct....even though the case worker asked that I complete another one which was posted on Monday. This one is worded differently from the one I received in July. The one included the paragraph about taking up employment unlike the first one. This seems all positive and in good direction.

Topsibelle like jambo has rightly said, u need a valid passport with the coa for provisional driving licence.
Nice nite

Topsibelle

Post by Topsibelle » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:31 pm

Thanks y'all

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:49 am

Topsibelle wrote:Thanks y'all
Gd morning topsibelle. Pls clarify further on d issue of processing provisional driving licence wit COA and valid passport. I woludnt wnt u to psy £50 and it ends up being futile. Frm wat I read on d application form. It stated residence status doc needs to be provided and I dnt tink the coa is a residence visa or document. I would appreciate ur feedback after deliberations frm other sources.

Nice day

evie233
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by evie233 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:11 am

bigboy2007 wrote:
Topsibelle wrote:Thanks y'all
Gd morning topsibelle. Pls clarify further on d issue of processing provisional driving licence wit COA and valid passport. I woludnt wnt u to psy £50 and it ends up being futile. Frm wat I read on d application form. It stated residence status doc needs to be provided and I dnt tink the coa is a residence visa or document. I would appreciate ur feedback after deliberations frm other sources.

Nice day
OK, why not go to the post office with your passport and coa and see what they say? They would probably verify your ID n if need be, send your coa with the application to DVLA ... Just go and try, u have nothing to loose..

mred1

Post by mred1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Hi Everyone, I am new on this thread. I need your help.

I am a Legal resident of Ireland, & I also have an Irish child. I am a single mother & I am working part time.

The father of my child is in the UK, he has seen his child once & recently just had a baby with another woman (both illegal). He wants to apply to get his citizenship under the Zambrano case.

His name is also not on the birth certificate nor on the passport. He has never supported the child in any way & never even bought her a thing since she was born.

I dont mind assisting him, if that will make him legal. I guess, I will first start by trying to include his name on her birth cert & changing her passport details too.

My Question: Can he apply in the UK without having to come to Ireland?
What will be required to apply? will the application be successful?

Thanks

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:50 pm

Firstly he will not succeed as Zambrano is not applicable in his case, as the child is in Ireland and not Britain.

Secondly he will only qyalify under Chen, but that can only be possible if the child is in the UK, and secony the family unit can show they are self sufficient .
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mred1

Post by mred1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:56 pm

Thanks Obie

Is there any other route he could take? His family feels I am the one holding back his destiny & they believe I am the only one that can help because he has an irish child with me.

I there any other way I could help? maybe outside of Zambrano case? He mentioned he could file for it in UK without the child being physically in UK.
Obie wrote:Firstly he will not succeed as Zambrano is not applicable in his case, as the child is in Ireland and not Britain.

Secondly he will only qyalify under Chen, but that can only be possible if the child is in the UK, and secony the family unit can show they are self sufficient .

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:12 pm

Absolute nonsense. The child has to be in UK. That is the whole essense of the right.

People with drive coaches and horses around UK immigration rules if he was correct.

He could go to Ireland and invoke Zambrano, or he can come to UK and you apply under Chen.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

mred1

Post by mred1 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:55 pm

Thanks a mill. I appreciate your input.

He cant come to Ireland at the moment, well...he has a new baby with another woman..& that relationship is important. I wouldn't even want him to come & be a burden to myself & daughter.

Secondly, I cant move to UK with My child, we would be starting from scratch & I am not certain I want to do that for a man who hasn't cared for his child in 3 years.

So I guess, that's it for him then???
Obie wrote:Absolute nonsense. The child has to be in UK. That is the whole essense of the right.

People with drive coaches and horses around UK immigration rules if he was correct.

He could go to Ireland and invoke Zambrano, or he can come to UK and you apply under Chen.

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Gd evening topsibelle. Please can u update me as per ur provisional licence processing. My cousin jst gt a COA frm hme office and wnts to start driving. Ur prompt response will be much appreciated

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:11 pm

Gd evening topsibelle. Please can u update me as per ur provisional licence processing. My cousin jst gt a COA frm hme office and wnts to start driving. Ur prompt response will be much appreciated

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Post by bigboy2007 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:17 am

Obie wrote:Absolute nonsense. The child has to be in UK. That is the whole essense of the right.

Gd morning obie, please I will appreciate if u can confirm d possibility of processing a provisional driving licence with a COA frm zambrano application with right to work and a valid passport. I am am requesting dis information on behalf of my cousin who recently gt COA frm home office. Thank u

honeybay1
Newly Registered

word of advice

Post by honeybay1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:33 am

you got a coa and you want to start driving,plzz plzz plzzz dont complicated issue for yourself cuz your coa doesnt mean you have got right to stay,one thing 1st pleasee.get yourself sorted out.i got my coa last 2 years,renew it 2 times,and i got refuse after,if not for God and good lawyer,i will be on the next plane back to africa now.Never Relax BECUS of a stupid COA COMPUTERISED GENERATED LETTER.

honeybay1
Newly Registered

SO MANY THINGS FOLLOW AFTER just COA LETTER

Post by honeybay1 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 am

HOPO ARE NOT JOKING NOW,THEY WILL DO EVERYTHING TO DENIED ANYONE,PLAYING WAITING GAMES,LOOKING FOR LOOPHOLE TO DENIED YOU,PAID FOR A GOOD AND TRICKY LAWYER TO OPPOSE A CLEAN AND CLEAR CASE.

IM TALKING FROM EXPERIENCE,I SPEND ALMOST 1 HOUR IN HEARING ROOM FIGHTING MY CASE.

THEY WILL ACCUSE YOU OF MANIPULATING VALID EVIDENCE,IF YOUR LAWYER IS NOT STRONG (BIG PROBLEM)

Emzmaroc11
Newly Registered

Experience of adult dependant Zambrano applications

Post by Emzmaroc11 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi all has anyone had any dealings with zambrano cases for adult dependant?
I have started a new topic but only getting views no responses :( need some help.
Hope you're all having a good day
Mel

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Re: word of advice

Post by bigboy2007 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:39 pm

honeybay1 wrote:you got a coa and you want to start driving,plzz plzz plzzz dont complicated issue for yourself cuz your coa doesnt mean you have got right to stay,one thing 1st pleasee.get yourself sorted out.i got my coa last 2 years,renew it 2 times,and i got refuse after,if not for God and good lawyer,i will be on the next plane back to africa now.Never Relax BECUS of a stupid COA COMPUTERISED GENERATED LETTER.
Thanks much for d response. Actually I was requesting information for my cousin who applied under zambrano and recentky gt a COA. I will relay feedback to him

bigboy2007
Newly Registered

Re: Experience of adult dependant Zambrano applications

Post by bigboy2007 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:20 am

Emzmaroc11 wrote:Hi all has anyone had any dealings with zambrano cases for adult dependant?
I have started a new topic but only getting views no responses :( need some help.
Hope you're all having a good day
Mel
Good day Emzmaroc, regarding adult dependant on zambrano application. You are required to prove beyond reasonable doubt why d adult cannot be self reliant. Medical records/relationship to the adult. Also you need written statements on ur behalf from social services and family friends. The packaging must be such dat to convince case workers regarding d dependency of the adult on your assistance/care. Wish u good luck