ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appeal and Immigration Tribunal

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Usman Masood
Newly Registered

Post by Usman Masood » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:41 am

Hi,

Could any one please help me with my question.

My appeal was allowed on 03/10/2013. I had to pay 140 pounds to appeal and immigration tribunal for my oral hearing. I was been told by my solicitor if your appeal is allowed tribunal will refund you the 140 pounds. I still have not received my refund. Where should I contact to get the refund.

please note I had 2 dependents on my application too, so I paid in total of 420 pounds

Regards

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Re: Appeal and Immigration Tribunal

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 am

@ Usman Masood, Why don't you get your visa first before pursuing your appeal fee refund. And your solicitor should be able to tell you how you should reclaim your appeal refund.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Usman Masood
Newly Registered

Post by Usman Masood » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 pm

I have received my visa....I got my passports and biometric permits on 30/10/2013. My solicitor is gone away on holiday and he will return after new year. DO you where I can contact to get a refund.

Olasunkanmi
Diamond Member

Post by Olasunkanmi » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:07 pm

I have no idea how the refund works, but be patience and wait till your solicitor comes back from holiday or maybe those with similar experience can help.
The key to success is knowledge and hardwork, and to have faith.

Usman Masood
Newly Registered

Post by Usman Masood » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Guys reason for my duplicate post was due to not getting a satisfactory answer yet. Does any one know the process of a refund.

smohmor
Newly Registered

Post by smohmor » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:27 pm

Usman Masood wrote:Guys reason for my duplicate post was due to not getting a satisfactory answer yet. Does any one know the process of a refund.
contact the tribunal and they should be able to help you with your refund. if the judge has ruled the tribunal to refund 140£ then definitely contact the tribunal and ask for it.

Usman Masood
Newly Registered

Post by Usman Masood » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:49 pm

not being rude to newbie. Can I please get a reply from a moderator or a senior person.

rehan01
Diamond Member

Post by rehan01 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:23 am

Call this number 0300 1231711 and speak to customer service advisor explain ur situation and they will be able to sort it out for u.

Regards
Usman Masood wrote:Hi,

Could any one please help me with my question.

My appeal was allowed on 03/10/2013. I had to pay 140 pounds to appeal and immigration tribunal for my oral hearing. I was been told by my solicitor if your appeal is allowed tribunal will refund you the 140 pounds. I still have not received my refund. Where should I contact to get the refund.

please note I had 2 dependents on my application too, so I paid in total of 420 pounds

Regards

Usman Masood
Newly Registered

Post by Usman Masood » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:39 pm

I have spoken to the number above.

The answer of my query is ITS DOWN TO THE JUDGE DISCRETION. Even if appeal is allowed only a few application gets a refund.

Thanks alot for helping guys..

Arslaan
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Arslaan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:56 pm

Usman Masood wrote:not being rude to newbie. Can I please get a reply from a moderator or a senior person.
^^that's rude^^

Hope you will get your money back

itk
- thin ice -

Post by itk » Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:27 pm

If you could muster the patient to wait for your original application and appeal decisions to be reached; I wonder why you cannot wait for your refund. Give it a time, sometime it delays but some are really lucky to get theirs on time. Anyway wait and see if you can get it by Friday if not I would suggest you contact HO directly. Congrats on your visa

:) :) :)

Mr Legal

Post by Mr Legal » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:16 pm

Usman Masood wrote:I have spoken to the number above.

The answer of my query is ITS DOWN TO THE JUDGE DISCRETION. Even if appeal is allowed only a few application gets a refund.

Thanks alot for helping guys..
yes that's true and don't waste your time if the court decision has a direction to Home Office to refund the fee,they will refund you and if not ,the court has determined nothing for refund.
Experience and understanding can get you to the goal.Every information based on my own experience is friendly shared in goodfaith.

scorpio1

Post by scorpio1 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:26 pm

Check your court determination, if at the end judge ordered to respondent to award you fee then UKBA should return otherwise no.
Yes its simply on JUDGE DISCRETION.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:00 pm

@Usman

I got my visas after appeal allowed in the last week of October. I was with three dependants. I got 1 x 140 within two weeks of appeal allowed. Still have no idea how and who will be contacted for 3 x 140. Once contacted at 0300 123 1711 but they advised me to check with solicitor. I contacted with my solicitor and he advised me to write a letter to tribunal because fee is always refunded to the same account from where it is paid. There is no point to pay refund to solicitor which is paid from appellant's bank account.

After that I didnt take any further action due to busy routine. There is another phone number; 0870 606 7766 on the end of page 7 at following link:
http://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/tri ... idance.pdf

Judge has clearly given the order to refund my fee in the decision of each case separately i.e. Main Applicant + 3 Dependants (Not at the end BUT on the very first page of every case). So there is no point to raise the issue of Judge's Discretion at this point I guess. It was also acknowledged by their customer service at 0300 123 1711 when I contacted them.

red poltergeist
inactive

Post by red poltergeist » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:02 am

If the money is deducted from your bank account then don't worry the money will be back into your account in 4 weeks time from your day of your decision.

RizKCB
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by RizKCB » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:44 pm

Today called 0870 606 7766 for general inquiry department. The guy told about two scenarios:

1) Refund of fee : It is made by tribunal itself

2) Award of fee : It is made by respondent to appellant when appeal is allowed.

After winning an appeal; judge orders respondent for award of fee to the appellant in the decision. Then case worker who issues approval letter of the applicant, notifies to concerned department for fee refunds. If applicant receives partial or no refunds then contact with the case worker who issued approval letter. It was an advice from HO No. 0870 606 7766. Might help