ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Factors of immigration

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

agkh
Newly Registered

Factors of immigration

Post by agkh » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:46 am

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so please forgive me if I'm starting a topic that may have already been opened. Been reading some post very good and informative.

So far as I understand there are two main factors that influence the success of visa acceptance:

1) Authenticity of the relationship
2) Financial

I have seen how people make up their folder to prove these points, can anyone think of any other factors?

I will post my situation later, as I am travelling this weekend, but my main concern is proving my financial situation, especially as a full-time student, would a part-time job be acceptable, full student loans, past rents in *shared* accomodation, etc.

Would love to hear of any other full-time students', on basic salary, experience on trying to get their spouse over to the UK.

Cheers. :)

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:24 am

It would help others to comment if you just confirm some basic details, for example, you are British or otherwise settled in the UK? Your wife is Egyptian? And now you want to get her a 2-year spouse visa for her to join you in the UK?

Assuming your wife gets her visa, would she go out to work? Does she have any particular skills to assist her in getting a good job?
John

agkh
Newly Registered

Post by agkh » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:38 am

Hi John,

I am British, lived here all my life.
Wife is Egyptian lived there all her life.
2 year spouse visa would be correct.

My wife has a BSc in English Linguistic and Translation, so a job perhaps as a translator, or teacher, (perhaps be self employed and set up a translation company ? ), either part-time or full-time.

Im going to live with her for one year and work in Egypt (July 2007 to September 2008), as part of my BSc course. So I wont have any UK salary slip or rent payment proof - as we expect to apply about 4 - 5 months before (maybe May 2008) returning since a successful visa lasts for 3 months only.

But I would be taking my documents even if it beyond 6 months old- rents, bank statement, loan statement, education grants, etc - with me just incase. Proving and presenting the authenticity of our relationship wont be a problem at all, it's only financial side I need more info on before splashing out over £200 on an application form.

And thanks for your reply, take care.

:)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:51 am

I need more info on before splashing out over £200 on an application form
Spouse visa is £500 isn't it?

agkh
Newly Registered

Post by agkh » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:17 pm

:shock:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6977150007

You're right!

Maybe it was that last year or I got confused with student visa - as I was considering bringing her as a student - might be more successful or cheaper (?).

I would really like to spend time with her in my last year of university - I'm sure once I graduate I can get a good job and have a higher rate of success. I'm willing to give it a go even if there is the slightest chance of being accepted.

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:27 pm

agkh wrote::shock:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 6977150007

You're right!

Maybe it was that last year or I got confused with student visa - as I was considering bringing her as a student - might be more successful or cheaper (?).

I would really like to spend time with her in my last year of university - I'm sure once I graduate I can get a good job and have a higher rate of success. I'm willing to give it a go even if there is the slightest chance of being accepted.
Haha! Beautiful reaction :shock: !
You don't happen to be at SOAS, do you???
Bringing her as a student = even more costly because she needs to show proof of being able to afford her tuition fees and living expenses. Seeing as she already has a degree, you are looking at English school or a postgrad (for example), both of which would be about £6,000-10,000 pa, then living costs. So maybe better to try spouse visa? Can your parents support your application, when you do apply?

agkh
Newly Registered

Post by agkh » Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:09 pm

Hello,

Sorry for my late response.
I though student visa would be alot more expensive too.

I would be living with my wife in her country for one whole year - we have a flat and I have job there. But what good is this to the ECO? I think it will benefit us to show that our relationship is genuine, but would not show that I can support her financially?

Do you guys think that the ECO will be willing to look at my application if I show:

:arrow: Job last year in the UK (Pay slips, P45 forms, etc).

:arrow: Prospective houses with (student rates) rentals (there are many of these and guaranteed to get it).

:arrow: Rental statement showing no arrears and paying on time.

:arrow: Student loans and bank facility over a certain amount (would it make a differnece if it was over £5000 GBP or £10,000 GBP plus an overdraft (interest-free :o ).

:arrow: Bank statements (I even get my student loans during the placement year abroad).

:arrow: And a 'cashflow' showing how I would budget my final year in university (maybe one with and one without a secondary source of income (ie part-time job)) just to make it 'fool-proof' for the ECO.

I am really serious about this, I know this may not be the most conventional way or making more work for my self - as I said I'm willing to do whatever legal to make this work. So I would appreciate the experience and opinion of all members of the board.

Sakura, what makes you think I'm from SOAS? I'm about 150 miles away from it :lol: .
Interesting about the support or sponser, perhaps I would start a new thread about that, if I dont find one about it already- I'm travelling after this weekend so been busy. But first I want to exhaust this thread out :) .

Cheers everyone!

sakura
Diamond Member

Post by sakura » Sat Jun 16, 2007 3:11 pm

My bad - you mentioned you're going to Egypt as part of your course, so I thought you might be studying Arabic/ME Studies like they have at SOAS. That's all! :lol:

Yes, collect a lot of material whilst there, and you can use that evidence to submit your application. As for evidence over here- proof of accommodation, proof of employability, parents helping you out...