ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eea2

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am

Hi all,just got my refusal letter Saturday(yesterday )I am really confused & I need help!!my timeline is below

Eea2 application sent 22 august 2013
Received by ukba 25/08/13
Coa received September 2013 with right to work
Eea 2 refusal letter sent 15/11/13
Reason for refusal.......
"In other to qualify for a residence card an applicant must provide sufficient evidence to demonstrate that their EEA family member is exercising treaty rights in the uk.you said your wife is employed sine June 18 2013 but you provided a wage slips dated 4/7/13 to 15/8/13.the wage slips submitted are insufficient to demonstrate that your sponsor is genuinely exercising treaty rights through employment "
I only submitted 4 weeks payslips & she is also doing another job which she started September to date(2 jobs now)Please what step(s) should I take now cause am thinking of reapplying but how??
Expecting your response ....thank you all

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:12 am

Write back to them asking for reconsideration attaching her latest payslips.

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:29 am

Reconsideration? I am thinking of reapplying with all her payslips from June 2013 she started working part time & also including the payslips of her recent job she started September 2013(even though it will cost us money)rather than waiting for the longer process of appealing the decision.which of them will be safer,better & quicker in securing my residence card?& who should I address the reapplication to??am really grateful for your assistance

Imshzd

Post by Imshzd » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 am

That is totally unfair with the applicant.

4 weeks payslip are good enough to prove that the EEA national is a qualified person at the time of application and thereafter.

You should ask for reconsideration.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:55 am

Indeed, even 2 weeks' work may be sufficient.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:02 pm

Write back to the caseworker (you should have his name or team number on the refusal letter). Post it to the address on the letter (the usuall address for applications). Add a letter asking for reconsideration as sufficient proof has been provided in the first place. Also add latest evidence.

It would be the quickest and cheapest way.

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:26 pm

Am relieved reading all your contributions even though am in a confused state.please can you guys give me a draft copy on how the reconsideration I will be sending along with my reapplication for eea2 should look like cause to be honest,am really lost on how to go about it....thank you guys!!!!

sheraz7
Respected Guru

Post by sheraz7 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:04 pm

you should definitely ask for reconsideration. Check following thread regarding reconsideration and its success:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=895998
Please donot send PM. Write in open forum to facilitate others too.
REGARDS

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:27 pm

A simple letter with a request for reconsideration is all that is needed. Just state the details (HO reference, name, passport number etc) and why you believe they should reconsider (basically because you have provided sufficient evidence). Add that you are providing more updated evidence.

That's all.

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:41 pm

Ok thanks a lot ,& those this reconsideration letter along with my reapplication form & my wife now applying for eea1 registration card be accepted??thank you all!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:44 pm

No need for the form again. They have it already. Reconsideration is treated as part of the old application. Why does your wife apply for EEA1? It is not required in order to support your application. Save the £55.

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:56 pm

Am a bit confused,please what's the difference between a new application(which gives me a new coa & I presume will be faster regardless of the additional £55 il have to pay)& a reconsideration letter with updated information (s)???my wife wants to get the eea1 registration card ,thanks!!

Jambo
Respected Guru

Re: Eea2

Post by Jambo » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:14 pm

westgate on sea wrote:Am a bit confused,please what's the difference between a new application(which gives me a new coa & I presume will be faster regardless of the additional £55 il have to pay)& a reconsideration letter with updated information (s)???my wife wants to get the eea1 registration card ,thanks!!
Reconsideration is asking the caseworker to review his decision again (because he didn't follow the guidelines, new evidence is available etc). You don't pay a fee for it. It can take 2-3 weeks for a decision.

Reapplying means going back to the queue. Paying £55 again and waiting upto 6 months for a decision.

westgate on sea
Newly Registered

Eea2

Post by westgate on sea » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:53 pm

Thanks a lot ,I would have loved to attach the refusal letter on this forum but Iv been finding it difficult to do that,how do I attach a file(my refusal letter) to this forum??