ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for spouse/child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

davey0
Newly Registered

ILR for spouse/child

Post by davey0 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 pm

Hello all

I have a situation which i believe could be straight forward, but think i could be over- thinking the whole thing.

My wife has now settled in the UK for 21 months, so we are to apply for her leave to remain shortly. My daughter was born in Pakistan, however when she came to the UK I applied for her British Passport, which was granted due to being British by descent. Will i therefore need to apply for ILR for my daughter or not?

I also have a question with regards to my wife's application. I am currently in temporary work (agency). Which is currently extended every 6 months. Will this effect my wife's application in any way? (in proving our finances)

My wife does not work as she looks after our daughter.

Can anyone also direct me to a ILR list of documents needed with the application? including some of the most recent changes (i'm sorry for being a pain, i have tried to look around the forum and not been very successful)

Thank you for your help

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:52 pm

Your child is British thus does not need ILR.

The last 3 months wage slips and bank statements should suffice so far as adequate maintenance (click) is achieved.

She will need to meet a B1 English requirement in addition to the LIUK test. If she has a comparable degree taught in English that should suffice.

Frr cohabitation proof, a joint letter or a letter each for every 4 months of the last 2 years from a total of at least 3 different sources.

Child benefit should be in your name and tax credits in joint.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.