ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Children Born in the UK while family is on Tier 1 Entreprenu

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

trajan
Newly Registered

Children Born in the UK while family is on Tier 1 Entreprenu

Post by trajan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:53 am

Hi
I am in the UK on a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa under the 200k investment program. My wife and one child has been granted Tier 1 dependent visa. We have arrived in the UK in July of 2013.

We just found out a great news that my wife is expecting again. When the baby will be born we would have been living in a the UK for more than 182 days consecutively. If the baby is born in the UK would he/she be entitled to a UK citizenship?

Thanks

AUHS
Member of Standing

Post by AUHS » Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:59 am

NO.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:51 am

No, but ...... once either/both you and your wife have ILR, you will be able to Register the born-in-the-UK child as British, under section 1(3). Such applications are an entitlement application .... no UKBA discretion involved.
John

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:48 am

Moreover, the child will not have to get leave to remain unless you are intending to travel with the child.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

trajan
Newly Registered

Post by trajan » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:10 pm

Dear John and D4109125

Thank you very much for clarifying the above. We were thinking of traveling to Canada prior to this query in the event that we had another baby in the next two years or so.. i guess we might have to go earlier than planned.
highly appreciate your responses :)

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:15 pm

If you plan to travel, prior to gaining ILR, you'll have to get leave for the child as a dependant.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.